What Are YOUR Best/Worst Vape Purchases?

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Best - LSV - It's versatile, big hitter and perfect thru glass.

Worst - Iolite - I didn't dislike it it as much as some and actually was able to get great vape from it. It was just the butane thing and the constant hissing I didn't care for.

solodolo420

Best: Extreme Q- use it everyday
Worst: MFLB- Does the job alright but not what I wanted in a vape

Honorable Mention: Solo-use it on the go instead of the MFLB and it never seems to disappoint me

solodolo420,

lost nebula

Always Vaping
Best - Volcano and my LSV

Worst - Multiple hot plate and dome style vapes
- Chinese box vape
- MFLB (was quality but not my style at all)

lost nebula,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My update:
Best - there are 3 of them, for different reasons
1) VXC - This is the ultimate vape for me
2) EQ - great for friends, for learning about vaporization and trying all the possible vapor delivery options. Trying the EQ with a bubbled led me to the VXC, just because of this it deserves the 2nd place. Even when I don't use it anymore and want to give it someday to some friend.
3) MFLB - this magical sucker get quite a lot of hate here. Even when haig such precise and powerful kicker as the VXC, MFLB's magic will always have the place in my heart on the go.

Worst remains the Vapir Oxygen Mini. It would be shame if I wanted to downgrade the worst category further :D However I still give this one a credit for converting me to the vape world as it was my first and succeeded with the conversion.

scoobie-doobie

Only ever purchased two...

Extreme Q and an Iolite Classic.

After 2 years, am very happy with both. They each have their purpose. The Extreme Q is a great home unit and the Iolite is perfect for outdoor excursions. Please keep in mind that these were purchased after a fair amount of research 2 years ago. While much has changed over time, the process of vaping remains the same as it has for hundreds of years.

That said, there are some very interesting vapes around these days. Many of them look really good on paper and have wonderful reviews. If I were to make a purchase again today, perhaps I would have went a different way, but after a couple of years of usage, I can honestly say that I am VERY happy with both of these products.

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Best - Zephyr Ion. this thing is a beast. It has been repaired multiple times in the past three years but it is still chugging along. Bugs have been addressed and the company is back up and running now with new stock, much to my delight :) They are now sending out emails and repairing all of those old warrantee units.

Worst - The DIY cobbled together combo of an upside down flower pot, a soldering iron and a mason jar that I made in high school. Tasted like burnt popcorn. *shudder*

herbgirl,
Reactions: Tweek

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Best - solo

Worst - mflb but mostly it seems there is a problem between the keyboard and chair on that one.

fluffhead,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Never had a bad one although the first vaporite box vape I bought had a strange taste and was sent back.

First ever commercial vape was a vapor daddy which was amazing but only lasted 3 months. Introduced me to convection vapor and floored many of my hardy combusting friends.

One I liked the least would be the PD. Still a great vaporizer but it's thickshake draw and length of session time just put me off. It was efficient but when you need 4 stems to get medicated it's just to time consuming.

VG would have to be most frustrating vape. Works great sometimes and thin hits other times. I need a new generation portable.

vaporcloud,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Best - solo

Worst - mflb but mostly it seems there is a problem between the keyboard and chair on that one.
The dreaded PEBKAC error. I'm familiar with that one.

I think I might be changing this to:

Best: VXL Cloud EVO
Nearly the Best: EpicVape E-Nano

Worst: NO2 (it's okay, just not "it")
Runner Up: Fake MFLB.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
The dreaded PEBKAC error. I'm familiar with that one.

I think I might be changing this to:

Best: VXL Cloud EVO
Nearly the Best: EpicVape E-Nano

Worst: NO2 (it's okay, just not "it")
Runner Up: Fake MFLB.

I am usually the one fixing such errors around my parts, but I just can't get the mflb.

I will probably be changing my answer to the EVO when it arrives, so for now I went with what I already knew.

fluffhead,
Reactions: Enchantre

Yoshimattsu

Best overall: Plenty- The flavor, potency, vapor production, and ease of use make this easily one of my favorites. Huge capacity! I count the bowl size as a positive and a negative depending on my intended use.

Best for conservation/ use with glass: Underdogs- I have two and I love them, they are very conservative and mate perfectly with all of my glass pieces!

Best for on-the-go: MFLB- I have yet to try anything better for flowers on the go, all things considered...

Worst purchases: Extreme Q, Volcano Classic, VaporGenie- It took a couple years to realize that it was the bags that I didn't like about the Volcano, and I never cared much for the Extreme Q's performance. The VaporGenie just wasn't my style:shrug:

Yoshimattsu,
Reactions: mikeben

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
vape-lifter from black leaf but it's the same thing than vriptech's vapor bat! the only one I have that doesn't work at all. Even a homemade lightbulb vape is more effectiv than this piece of crap! terrible product

mrweed,
Reactions: Danielf

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My best desktop vape is the Cloud (but everybody likes his cloud, my second favorite is HA2.2 but I just try 3 desktop vapes) and the worst is the Noble vapor VP-600(it makes the job but airpath is not clean and t° move up and down all the time)
My best portable vape is the inh004xp(yes it is!) and the worse is dragon pocket vape (I want to try it one time and the plastic smell told me that it wasn't a good idea)

I'm owner of: Cloud, HA2.2, NV VP-600, Xp, Firewood, FV, TV evo, Mflb, VG and Vapocane B

PPN,
Reactions: PAZ

Mister

Just wanted to chime in here, some very interesting reads!

Best: 1A - Underdog: What can I say, this little bugger is truly remarkable. Consistent, silent, and reliable as solid steel; it handles everything thrown on top of it. Mine have been running solid for 2+ years with daily operation. They look like an etsy-ish wooden oil diffusor (which it does as well) so you can leave it in plain sight. Not to mention the efficiency to vapor ratio is the best I've seen in any vape. The vapor is near perfect, you can't scorch it but I do believe you extract all the goodness from your plant. Two other points, one is the versatility. Want a wooden stem? Sure. Glass one? Yup. GonG adaptor for water pipe? Oh yes. There is so much you can do it's only limited by your imagination. The second point is Dave, the owner/creator of the UDs. What an awesome individual. If you haven't chatted with him you're missing out, he's a true gem.

Best 1B - SSV: I purchased mine in 2006 and the beast still remains! It's been through several moves, some rough usage, and being dropped more times (sliding off a table) than I care to admit. Still works as well as the day I purchased it. Potent! It is nowhere near as efficient as the UD but if you (or 2-4 people) are looking to get rocked, she's a peach. Not once has someone used it and not been stunned at its ass-kicking ability. Smooth as silk too, never had anything but tasty vapor. I've rigged mine several ways but a SSV bubbler and/or whip have been the best. Great product.

Worst Vapir N02: Was not terrible, it provided fairly reliable (when plugged in) operation for about a year of use. It just never tasted especially great it was almost as if it was 'baked' rather than truly vaporized. While it did the job, it was not that efficient as I pretty much needed a full load every time to get decent clouds. Also, the battery life/heating is crappy. In it's time, it was a good option. Now it seems there are many portables that are superior.

Luv2Vape

Best:
Purple Days - Have had this for a few years. Made me fall in love with vaping & never want to combust again. I've recently ordered an e-nano & got on the HI waiting list so I'm hoping these will push PD to #3.

Worst (in order from more preferred to less preferred):
Iolite - complete garbage. Broke after a few months & was not efficient when it did work. It gave me a good buzz when it worked, unlike the MFLB.
Vapir One - First generation, was decent at filling bags, not very efficient. Was much better than the Classic.
MFLB(batteries) - Never got a good buzz off this thing. Have 2 that collect dust. Never tried the PA & don't plan on it either.
Vapir Classic - bought circa 2004. waste of money.

Luv2Vape,

natural farmer

I'll have to go with Solo as the best overall purchase and best fucking all-around vape in the world. Went back and forth and it's still my favorite daily driver wherever I happen to be! :love:

There was no worst vape purchase as I did a lot of research every time but worst vape experiences overall should be in order of disappointment: the Thermovape T1, the Pax, the Flashvape S1, the MFLB/PA and finally the purchased but not entirely bad Vaporgenie. I am glad I have friends with different tastes and sometimes they buy some really bad vapes for me to try without having to forge the cash! :p

Dr. Plutonious

Best: Purple Days. Found it on Ebay for $90 six months ago and within a couple months it had dethroned the SSV as my favourite vape.

Worst: MFLB. Just didn't fit my style. I like big hits and I could never get the type of hits I liked. Also the vape was really hot, made me cough more than my other vapes. It get me high but I always felt it was too much work.

My best is between the cloud and the Hi. Worst as far as quality - the vapir 5.0.

Out of curiosity, if the cloud is one of the best why is it out of your rotation? Did it break or is the HI just that kickass (I am finding a secondhand HI as we speak, I'm excited).

Ah crap, other forum bad habits. Meant to edit, not double post.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The worst I have . I didn't Buy or order but came in the mail a few weeks ago , with no return address .
a G5 vaporizer ( atmos raw rebrand or Fake ) charged it , fired it up , coils glowing .
Add herb hit power and its died . didn't have any expectations of it vaping but I didn't even get a chance to try .

EDIT: the little stir tool is useful .

Last edited:
Top Bottom