What are you setting aside because of easy shipping coming to an end.

howie105

With the end of easy shipping approaching what things are you thinking of stocking up on? I am probably going to grab another vape and some vape specific glassware like stems and adapters. Beyond that I can’t come up with much. Suggestions please?

howie105,

Scuba Steve Tokes

Howie I am worried that this new law will make vapes 20% more expensive.What do you think it will do?

I have been planning to pick up a DynaVap M 2020 before the new restrictions take place. Do you think I should just buck up now and get the Sticky Brick and Argo or Fierce that are on my wishlist? If they will be 20% more expensive in the future it would make economic sense to buy them now.

I read that for an end game vaping experience you need vapes to fit five roles:
1. Quick micro-dosing vape
2. Two person vape
3. Water pipe vape
4. Session portable
5. Desktop party vape

I already have a Plenty, a MFLB, and a Terp Torch so if I add a DynaVap and session portable to my lineup I don’t think I’ll need another vape until one fails or new tech emerges. I’m struggling with if I should fill my roster now or wait till later because I won’t need a session portable until after the pandemic is over and I start going places and doing things again.

Scuba Steve Tokes,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I read that for an end game vaping experience you need vapes to fit five roles:
1. Quick micro-dosing vape
2. Two person vape
3. Water pipe vape
4. Session portable
5. Desktop party vape

This is a little outside the scope of the actual thread topic (which I think raises a fair concern), but I'm not sure I'd agree with this.

Bear in mind that I'm relatively new to vaporization so perhaps my perspective is a little different, but a lot of this seems unnecessary. For example, why do you "need" a session portable if you have an on demand portable? Just hit it several times until you've finished a "session." Similarly quite a few vapes seem capable of filling multiple roles; e.g. my woodscents seems more than capable of 1 (if its not powered on and I don't want to give it a few minutes to heat up I'd just use the vapcap), 2 (hand someone else a different stem if we can't share, which is valid with covid and maybe something I just won't routinely do going forward), and 3. Again, I question the need for 4--even with a vapcap I'd just keep heating it as I don't personally see the lighter as problematic or inconvenient, but YMMV if you have wrist/hand issues or similar. Five is about the only one I don't think it could do well as it seems like packing an excessively full bowl in the included stems eventually just leads to inconsistent heating.

I can certainly see wanting to try a few different types. Maybe I'd try something else and find myself thinking that the vapcap isn't all that neat or even that log vapes just aren't my jam, but if I'm being honest mostly its also just fun to experiment--I'd love to snag a FW7, P80, or TinyMight mostly for these reasons (and a LSV just because who doesn't want a lightsaber ;)). If you have the disposable income by all means--just my :2c: on this list as necessary/"end game". For me end game would be a super premium portable, indestructible portable (see below), and something super premium for home use--with my tolerance I'm not sure I need more than a log. Maybe I'd throw in something capable of pure concentrate use and look at some of New Vape's offerings (which would also fill the role of a heavy hitter if I ever decide that is something I want/need).

To the matter at hand, I'm pretty happy with my log. I want to pick up a DV M at some point--I was skiing recently and I also do some mountain biking. It occurred to me that if I fell and landed hard on the wood stem it might not do so well, but I don't know if that is strictly necessary: I did take a spill and it did fine, also if I'm landing hard enough to crack a wood stem I might have more pressing concerns, like my own safety. I just figure the SS/Ti models should essentially be indestructible. I see the butane as a bonus as I don't use much going through a bowl. If I were backpacking for a week it seems like a stash and torch would be lighter weight and last longer than something battery operated + a bunch of extra batteries. I was going to wait and see if 4/20 offers better sales than PIU's current 10% off, but maybe I'll move on it earlier.

Kins

This is a little outside the scope of the actual thread topic (which I think raises a fair concern), but I'm not sure I'd agree with this.

Bear in mind that I'm relatively new to vaporization so perhaps my perspective is a little different, but a lot of this seems unnecessary. For example, why do you "need" a session portable if you have an on demand portable? Just hit it several times until you've finished a "session." Similarly quite a few vapes seem capable of filling multiple roles; e.g. my woodscents seems more than capable of 1 (if its not powered on and I don't want to give it a few minutes to heat up I'd just use the vapcap), 2 (hand someone else a different stem if we can't share, which is valid with covid and maybe something I just won't routinely do going forward), and 3. Again, I question the need for 4--even with a vapcap I'd just keep heating it as I don't personally see the lighter as problematic or inconvenient, but YMMV if you have wrist/hand issues or similar. Five is about the only one I don't think it could do well as it seems like packing an excessively full bowl in the included stems eventually just leads to inconsistent heating.

I can certainly see wanting to try a few different types. Maybe I'd try something else and find myself thinking that the vapcap isn't all that neat or even that log vapes just aren't my jam, but if I'm being honest mostly its also just fun to experiment--I'd love to snag a FW7, P80, or TinyMight mostly for these reasons (and a LSV just because who doesn't want a lightsaber ;)). If you have the disposable income by all means--just my :2c: on this list as necessary/"end game". For me end game would be a super premium portable, indestructible portable (see below), and something super premium for home use--with my tolerance I'm not sure I need more than a log. Maybe I'd throw in something capable of pure concentrate use and look at some of New Vape's offerings (which would also fill the role of a heavy hitter if I ever decide that is something I want/need).

To the matter at hand, I'm pretty happy with my log. I want to pick up a DV M at some point--I was skiing recently and I also do some mountain biking. It occurred to me that if I fell and landed hard on the wood stem it might not do so well, but I don't know if that is strictly necessary: I did take a spill and it did fine, also if I'm landing hard enough to crack a wood stem I might have more pressing concerns, like my own safety. I just figure the SS/Ti models should essentially be indestructible. I see the butane as a bonus as I don't use much going through a bowl. If I were backpacking for a week it seems like a stash and torch would be lighter weight and last longer than something battery operated + a bunch of extra batteries. I was going to wait and see if 4/20 offers better sales than PIU's current 10% off, but maybe I'll move on it earlier.

The reasoning to purchase so many vapes in my mind anyway is that they all offer something different.

Scuba Steve Tokes

I apologize for sidetracking this thread, the end game vaping thing is not what this is about and this is not the place to be thinking out loud about what vapes I should get in the next week if I decided to buy now rather than later. One vape can fill multiple spots on the list and you are totally right about not needing a session portable if you have an on demand portable with a decent chamber that will satisfy you and two friends when you’re out on the town. I didn’t mean to mess up your thread Howie!

I wonder if this shipping ban will help keep my VAS in check :lol:

Scuba Steve Tokes,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
The reasoning to purchase so many vapes in my mind anyway is that they all offer something different.

Totally. My post maybe came off wrong. I wasn’t saying folks shouldn’t but alternative vapes or meaning to imply that @Scuba Steve Tokes has the wrong definition of “endgame.” It’s all subjective 🙂. Just sharing an alternative perspective.

Top Bottom