What are the advantages and disadvantages of vaping bud?

iMikerz

I was thinking about it the other day and I know that vaping is a lot better for you than smoking but what I wanted to know was what are the actual benefits and dangers of vaping altogether? I cant actually think of any health disadvantages and I know there are a few benefits so I guess you could call it healthy? ;)

iMikerz,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The main differnece between smoking and vaping i noticed is the THC/CBD ratio you get.. Correct me if i am wrong :) but cannabinoids are THC that fell apart..and it gets you stoned I feel them like black and white.. Also have read that CBD suppresses thc effects.. because of its sedative properties.. THC is what gets you high.. Its the best shit of all basic dope.I become creative ,stimulated , empathic in someway.. i have serious mind breakthroughs ... The more the higher the thc is the less the cbd is active.. Although have to mansion something.. bout smoking.. when you do that you destroys 90 % of the THC and almost none of the cbd... so the thc /cbd ratio becomes even more disbalanced.. and you are getting higher CBD percent with almost little to very little thc to suppress its effects... so basicly what you do is to become rather stoned than high..
I don't like much cbd so i rarely do indica. CBD makes me hungry,sedated,sleepy,demotivated.....
Another thing to say is that by smokin ,you experience a cbd trip and very little to none of the thc because its supressed.. so sorry to say this ... BUT JOINT SMOKERS (exspecialy those satanic tobacco adding mofos) 90% tobacco/10 weed :D are hooked to CBD.... with various tobacco intoxicants and if have never experienced the EFECTS OF THC....
Thats way it can be sometimes hard to convert someone to vapor because that means hooking him to different drug(high)..., a better one although..
I have also made CBD tincture from used bud..... Thats so fuckin stony that i don't wanna experience it again ... Almost ate half of my grandma garden...

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
pros:
- ten fold healthier (if not probably a lot more so even!)
- tastes better
- you actually come close to consuming all the active ingredients (if you reclaim/eat the abv it doesnt got much better). When you smoke half of the active ingredients are destroyed before it even gets inside you because you light it on fire!
- I can breather much easier. I am not wheezy like i used to be when i smoked. (i don't cough up shit in the morning anymore either)
- It is less heat because the smell is so different and clears more quickly
-safer. most vapes when compared to exposed flame alternative I think the vape will win. ever dropped a burning joint between the car seat while driving? just an example.
- saves you money by making your herb last longer beaning it takes you longer to run out.
-medicinal effects, anxiety, nausea, pain relief, mental health, sleep issues, appetite etc...

cons:
-If you are a regular smoker and trying to make the transition you need to know that the highs are different. vape doesn't contain all the combusted material. There is a "high" that comes with smoking and if you are always chasing that high feeling It can be discouraging to keep getting vape only.

- still illegal, and can get busted. + negative stigma from society.

- vapes are more expensive than a pack of papers and a bic.

- buying vapes is addictive lol! i can't stop!!

weedemon,

iMikerz

Oh right, thanks for the info :D

Also, what are the disadvantages of vaporizing over nothing? So like if someone who doesn't smoke or vape starts vaping bud, what are the disadvantages and advantages of doing it?

iMikerz,

weedemon

enthusiast
iMikerz said:
Oh right thanks.

Also, what are the disadvantages of vaporizing over nothing? So like if someone who doesn't smoke or vape starts vaping bud, what are the disadvantages and advantages of doing it?

Well if we are comparing a non smoker to someone who consumes pot via vaporization YOU ARE putting something into your lungs. and I can't vouch for you, but I feel the wheeze that comes from vapin for about 30min after a good vape session. after an hour i feel totally back to normal with not wheeze again, so maybe it doesn't linger?

while i don't have proof and I would love to be proved wrong, I don't believe that putting mmj vapor into my lungs is good for me. (speaking about the health of my lungs and throat specifically)

btw i like your avatar :p and welcome to the forum!

weedemon,

iMikerz

weedemon said:
iMikerz said:
Oh right thanks.

Well if we are comparing a non smoker to someone who consumes pot via vaporization YOU ARE putting something into your lungs. and I can't vouch for you, but I feel the wheeze that comes from vapin for about 30min after a good vape session. after an hour i feel totally back to normal with not wheeze again, so maybe it doesn't linger?

while i don't have proof and I would love to be proved wrong, I don't believe that putting mmj vapor into my lungs is good for me. (speaking about the health of my lungs and throat specifically)

btw i like your avatar :p and welcome to the forum!

I expected it would be slightly bad for you, I also heard that there are some positive health benefits of consuming weed (especially for medical use). It can also help to prevent some health issues such as reducing cancer growth and helping to prevent Alzheimer's.

+ Thanks, I just started posting yesterday after receiving my MFLB :D

iMikerz,

Abysmal Vapor

MJ vapor is healthy for your lung and it cleanses them via its aromatic oils , like lavender,basil,mint and other respiratory cleansing plants.. If you are a tobacco smoker or combuster is very likely for you to cough because there is shit in your lungs that wants to get out... Coughing is actually health if done right,,, :D There is even smth called the Yoga coughing :D...
I used to combust pot for 10 years and i am vapin since two years ,properly vapin ... I smoked cigarretes for two years and one day i felt sick of all that garbage... in my body and i deicided to purify my body and mind from plant that is so fuckin poisonous that is prolly the most deadly plant on the planet... Killed more than deadly animals... So i quit in one day... Then i started combusting pot like hell for 2 years... all grade weed ,fat joints + i use to buy bud on low prices and make honey oil ... I used to get up to 2-3 g of dried oil ball from bout 27-30 g low quality bud... and i vaporized it off various objects. Than i realized that i want only the oil none of the chlorofile and plant matter so i did my research and discovered vaporizers... The first vaporizer i saw (i didn;t know its vaporizer was the mflb in a the prodigy video)... Always was wondering what that tiny little box is :D)..
What i used to do in my days of combustion was to put himalaya salt crystals with hotwater in my bong and a lot of ice on top.. Benefits.. of himalaya salt waters are better filtration ,respiratory healing, and if you can use it for better cooling because it does not friezes in the fridge..

Abysmal Vapor,

iMikerz

Abysmal Vapor said:
MJ vapor is healthy for your lung and it cleanses them via its aromatic oils , like lavender,basil,mint and other respiratory cleansing plants.. If you are a tobacco smoker or combuster is very likely for you to cough because there is shit in your lungs that wants to get out... Coughing is actually health if done right,,, :D There is even smth called the Yoga coughing :D...
I used to combust pot for 10 years and i am vapin since two years ,properly vapin ... I smoked cigarretes for two years and one day i felt sick of all that garbage... in my body and i deicided to purify my body and mind from plant that is so fuckin poisonous that is prolly the most deadly plant on the planet... Killed more than deadly animals... So i quit in one day... Then i started combusting pot like hell for 2 years... all grade weed ,fat joints + i use to buy bud on low prices and make honey oil ... I used to get up to 2-3 g of dried oil ball from bout 27-30 g low quality bud... and i vaporized it off various objects. Than i realized that i want only the oil none of the chlorofile and plant matter so i did my research and discovered vaporizers... The first vaporizer i saw (i didn;t know its vaporizer was the mflb in a the prodigy video)... Always was wondering what that tiny little box is :D)..
What i used to do in my days of combustion was to put himalaya salt crystals with hotwater in my bong and a lot of ice on top.. Benefits.. of himalaya salt waters are better filtration ,respiratory healing, and if you can use it for better cooling because it does not friezes in the fridge..

Thanks man, I'd love to try that if I get a bong someday, only been smoking for like 8 months and just moved on to vaping :D

I love how high quality the members are on here, people actually know how to use proper grammar and are so helpful.

iMikerz,

Abysmal Vapor

Lol I am ashamed of my grammar .. actually its been quite a while since i spoke english... I dont have the sense of coma (,).. and when i am wasted i dont care much for capital letters :D.. My language's grammar and even alphabet has nothing to do with english :p

Abysmal Vapor,

Sour Deez

I feel the medicinal effects of the strain really come out in a vape. Its obviously healthier, I have an inhaler I take twice daily, since converting to vaping, sometimes I forget to use it at all in a day. I cant believe how much healthier my lungs are. And did I mention I cut my intake in half, wallets getting a lil heavier. :D

Sour Deez,

Spacenstein

One disadvantage to vaping, compared to smoking, is that your high will diminish once you've eaten something.

Spacenstein,

Abysmal Vapor

Spacenstein said:
One disadvantage to vaping, compared to smoking, is that your high will diminish once you've eaten something.
First you don't have shit taste ... and food reduce the effects of the cbd and boost the thc.. Joint smokers are hooked to the CBD not to the THC. They destroy 90 % of it and what is left is supressed by CBD...
Smoking and vaping marijuana give you two different chemical experiences...
And smoking brings you more poison and you are poisoned long time.. .and by eating food in large amounts or crap food will only poison you further and make you feel heavier and more stoned...
Food also is a drug.. it stimulates the same stuff drugs do.. Marijuana + Tobacco , and Marijuana with food, marijuana + PC games(they act as drugs too) + TV shows... That has nothing to do with the pure mj experience on vaporizer.. (just mj and nothing more)That is just mixing stuff like booze and pills... like lsd candy flip...

Abysmal Vapor,

SD_haze

One thing people seem to forget is that joints/blunts actually do a considerable amount of vaporization so you do in fact get plenty of THC, especially off those first rips and *especially* if its a fat cone.

SD_haze,

Sour Deez

90% seems a little steep to me.

For example, lets say I have a nice sativa. High THC low CBD content. 20% THC. If I smoke that I am only going to get 2% THC? I dont think 2% is going to give me that super trippy high i felt many many times.

Sour Deez,

Abysmal Vapor

Some people trip on sedatives :)
thc/cbd 20/1.5

smoking 2/1.3-1.4 CBD overwhelms thc
vaping at THC vaporization point 15-20%/0.1 of the thc depending on setup and skill... THC overwhelmes CBD

Just using this examples to point contrast..
First case is like 1 line of coke / 10 beers... x 500ml :)
seconds case 20 lines of coke / 1 x 330 ml :) beer ...

U said sativa.. Yes sativas have less cbd not only strain dependent but due to longer flowering time.. most of the people cut when 100% of the trichomes are milky :)

Abysmal Vapor,
The way I look at, in "brass tax" as HST would say is that: constant vaporization throughout the day with all the tree you saved over combustion grants you two things from my experience:

Pros: I'm so high

Cons: I'm so high

biojuggernaut,
Pro: I don't feel like my lungs have been through a cheese grater.

I remember the halcyon days of smoking 12 blunts in a 6 hour period, I do not miss the sensation in my chest.

Vaporization, 99% of the time, if you know what's good for you.

I love HST. His works are annoyingly elusive, but I've got a nice little stack.

charliedontsurf,

hereatlast

Abysmal Vapor said:
Correct me if i am wrong but cannabinoids are THC that fell apart..and it gets you stoned I feel them like black and white.. Also have read that CBD suppresses thc effects.. because of its sedative properties.. THC is what gets you high.. Its the best shit of all basic dope

This seems a little reductionistic. To begin, cannabinoids are not simply THC that have fallen apart. Cannabinoids offer a whole spectrum of chemicals of which THC is only a part. The various cannabinoids must work in tandem to achieve the effect so many of us have come to love.

While popular demand seems to motivate high THC production in a harvest, a 'purely' THC high may be rather unpleasant. When vaporizing, no commercial unit (to my knowledge) offers the possibility of isolating singular cannabinoids such as THC. Of course with a variable temperature tool we can hone in temperature ranges the user may come to prefer (whether that comes in the basic form of lo-medium-hi or an actual temperature readout), to suggest that one is vaping a specific cannabinoid in isolation is misleading.

Abysmal Vapor said:
bout smoking.. when you do that you destroys 90 % of the THC and almost none of the cbd... "
MJ vapor is healthy for your lung and it cleanses them via its aromatic oils , like lavender,basil,mint and other respiratory cleansing plants.. "

Claims like these warrant sources, especially when your offering medicinal advice (as in the latter statement). While even (or maybe especially) published scientific/academic works provide conflicting data, the following is from a fairly reputable study that conflicts directly with your above numbers:

Gieringer/MAPS said:
THC efficiencies of 34%
to 61% were reported in studies of marijuana cigarettes smoked via a
smoking machine under varying conditions of puff duration and air
speed (Fehr and Kalant 1971). Efficiencies of 50% were obtained using
a machine designed to mimic human marijuana cigarette smoking
(Manno 1970) and in an unpublished study at Battelle by Foltz et al.
(cited in Truitt 1971).

On the efficacy of the Volcano vaporizers vapor quality, the same study put forth:

Gieringer/MAPS said:
There was a large variance in the percentage
of THC recovered in the three different vaporizer test runs, ranging
from 36% to 61%. This suggests that the efficiency of vaporization is
highly sensitive to variations in the sample and micro-conditions in its
environment.
(italics mine)
(http://www.maps.org/mmj/Gieringer-vaporizer.pdf)

For me, it seems that this information (though certainly not perfect data IMO) tells us that there are too many variables at play to make any claims about the specific nature of the cannabinoids we are inhaling at any moment of use.

Abysmal Vapor: Im sorry to nitpick but I think some caution must be taken when offering concrete numbers. The rules plainly state: Do not state opinion as fact. We don't want to spread bad information.

Benefits to vaporizing for me are all over the place :lol:
The first thing that jumps to mind is simply the taste (obviously the health benefits are nice to :))

hereatlast,

Abysmal Vapor

I don't claim my information to be accurate .. I just gave example... And you can read all the study you want.. on the planet and it will lead you to the fact That vaporizers are at least 3 time better than smokin :) .. and that there are different addictions to different chemical combos... U can be hooked to MJ + CHIPS + TOBACCO and you will never feel satisfied until u get you dose...

pure THC is pleasant.. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
in the whole cosmic scheme of things we probably increase our carbon footprint on the planet by vaping (electricity)

i know i forget mine is on for half a day all the time, hehe

VWFringe,

hereatlast

Abysmal Vapor said:
I don't claim my information to be accurate

And yet you put forth claims like this:

Abysmal Vapor said:
bout smoking.. when you do that you destroys 90 % of the THC and almost none of the cbd...

Please provide a disclaimer about data that is unfounded...you've continually provided this same statistic without any evidence of its validity or any disclaimer that it may not "be accurate." You never said this was opinion, you stated it as fact. That is spreading misinformation. Please do not continue to do so.

Abysmal Vapor said:
I just gave example...

Example of what? Seemingly scientific data that is unfounded...

Abysmal Vapor said:
And you can read all the study you want.. on the planet and it will lead you to the fact That vaporizers are at least 3 time better than smokin

Okay....When we're talking about specific statistics and attempting to quantify the benefits of vaporization over combustion, I think its worth it to appeal to scientific entries and not opinion. I would guess most here can agree that they prefer vaporizing over combustion.

Abysmal Vapor said:
pure THC is pleasant..

Can you provide evidence of this fact? When and/or how have you experience a 'pure' THC high?

hereatlast,

Abysmal Vapor

I tried medical thc pill... They gave me 30$ to test it...
i apollogize if i mislead some1 due to my false data... But there is not a single benefit of smoking over vaporizing,.. of course if you are a guy that finds it benefitial to inhale glue and insecticides than you can prolly like smoke too... there is some dope in it ... :D

Abysmal Vapor,

Qbit

cannabanana
Abysmal Vapor said:
Correct me if i am wrong :) but cannabinoids are THC that fell apart..

Yep, you are wrong here, and I'll be happy to correct you. :)

Cannabinoids are a whole family of chemically related oils found in weed. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is itself one of those cannabinoids, albeit the most significant. Mind you, these are oils that are, at room temperature, in crystalline rather than liquid form.

Another type of cannabinoid is cannabinol (abbreviated as CBN), and that is THC that has degraded (or as you say, 'fell apart'). It is also psychoactive, but much less so than THC. Although you'll always have some CBN in your weed, it's something you want to minimize, like brown spots on bananas. That's why it's important to store your weed properly - in an airtight container and out of the light.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one more cannabinoid, and it's primarily responsible for giving weed that familiar couch-lock effect. It's found in much higher levels in the wide-leafed indica (skunk) breeds.

But there are many, many (hundreds?) other cannabinoids, each with its particular psychoactive effects (if any) - and each with different boiling points. Depending on your strain of weed, how it was grown, and how it has been stored, you'll get different ratios of these oils, producing a combined signature effect when consumed.

So that's why different weed gives a different high.

Qbit,

jsn9333

I don't know anything about cannabinoids. However, when I vaporize this kush I have right now the high is definitely more energetic, sometimes even to the point of becoming paranoid. When I smoke the same weed the high is much more of a "body buzz", body numbing, almost tiring high.

If you enjoy a body buzz, the trade off for vaporizing is that you can't really get that body buzz that smoking gives you. Perhaps I just need a new vaporizer though. I have only used my iolite. It doesn't have manual temperature controls. I'm getting an herbal aire today though. Maybe the high from that will allow more of the body buzz effect. Well see.

jsn9333,
Top Bottom