What’s your favorite poker/stirrer/scoop, etc.?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Vape accessories. Are people using just anything or are there hidden gems out there?

I’d love to learn, so please share. And pictures and links are much appreciated!
I'm partial to the set of spoons seen in this pic...;)

Dosing-Spoons.jpg

CANtalk

Great topic :tup:. My "hidden gems" have been about getting great tools available inexpensively and in a crazy number of iterations with Ebay, Amazon and locally. You can really select from two to three hundred or so different options across the poker/stirrer/scoop spectrum. Various designs, lengths, widths, depths, angles, etc. too.

And on top of that these items are pretty universally available now-a-days. When I picked up a premium desktop vape I asked the third party internet seller to include three inexpensive tools... specifically I asked for a stirring rod (a small rod with a dull end), a sharp pointed stirring tool (it's my least used tool but very handy from time to time) and a small scoop for dabbing concentrates (which for me has been a great small angled flat spade tool <I'll try to get pics up at some point on FC because it's interesting to see what's out there and what people use>). My tools are the right length too... as in just long enough for my use and setup. I've gotten rid of other long and short stuff.

FWIW, my grinder came with a nice plastic scoop... my very first tool and indispensable. It's been great for a number of years now but my next Amazon order will include a few nice metal scoops. At a few dollars a piece, I'll try some and pick three or four scoops I think works best for me with flower. I've tried a mahy tools now and find a number of tools is the way to go :tup:... the right tool for the right job :nod:. No matter what, there are many great options out there.

On a related note, I've also taken the time to find some great brushes. These are top notch in my application; highly recommended if your vape setup can use a small brush cleaner. Thx @macbill for this. https://www.amazon.com/Caydo-Pieces...gbird+brushes&qid=1553386486&s=gateway&sr=8-8

I have a few other delta3dstudios tools and it's great stuff :nod:.

Cheers :peace::leaf:.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

seki

Similar to what you're asking, I was hoping people could also share everyday items they've re-purposed for vaping. I'm not quite sure why, but for some reason I seem to derive a small measure of satisfaction using something in a manner that is unintended or unexpected. This goes double when an alternate use for an item applies to my vaping routine.

Here are a few items I've re-purposed for vaping (also among my favourite tools too), I'm hoping others will share some of theirs as well:

Feeding syringe
This is an old spare medicine feeding syringe that I use to fill my mini-bubblers with distilled water. Unfortunately, it's just a few ml short of the perfect level so a second smaller draw to add a little more water is required. It's a bit of an annoyance, but the syringe is so small and compact, it's an easy flaw to ignore.
syringe.jpg

Bamboo Skewer
I have a strange fondness for this bamboo skewer. It was a longer skewer that's been cut in half and actually has been in use for my various vapes since 2005 for stirring, cleaning, picking out hard-to-reach bits in corners and various other maintenance tasks. I'm not quite sure how it's survived this long, but of all of my re-appropriated accessories, I think I would miss this the most if I were to break or lose it, despite being able to create another one in an instant. I guess I'm just sentimental.
bamboo.jpg

X-Acto Gripster
This one has also survived multiple vapes and still gets some use today. It is the back end of an X-Acto Gripster that you get when you disassemble the unit to change out the blade. This metal rod is perfect for tamping a load in a Pax 1/2 and is also the perfect size for inserting a CCD into a Dynavap tip. It's been mostly replaced by @danielj's inside tool for me, but the wide end is just slightly bigger than the IT and is a little easier to use as a result.
gripster.jpg

xacto-pax.jpg

xacto-it.jpg

Stem garden
This is a more recent one that I stole from a post on Reddit.
I took it as a sign when I saw an unused one sitting unopened at a friend's house the day after seeing this post. They had actually received two as gifts, so it ended up being free for me. Works great. If you're not weird about baby-germs, you can find one used for about $5.
stem-garden.jpg

Small glass food storage container
I find these small containers perfect for most of my iso-based cleaning requirements. This one has been in use since about 2010 and the lid is in dire need of a gasket replacement, but it still works fine. Most of my vape parts requiring iso cleaning fit into it including: all Vapcap parts, short glass RBT stems, Crafty cooling unit parts, all but the largest components of a Volcano solid valve, Pax mouthpieces & screens, along with various basket screens, dosing capsules and other small metal parts. I've found that I tend to save a lot iso when using a smaller container like this. The only downside is you have to clean each vape individually. You can do about 4-5 complete vapcaps at once, but that's about the limit.
glass-container.jpg

Accessories Storage
Due to recent purchases, I was finding myself overwhelmed with the amount of accessories and spare parts that accompany the various devices. These aren't the prettiest, and were originally meant for holding thread/bobbins, but until I can come up with something permanent and attractive, they work just fine and help with clutter. Two or three more of these and I should be covered for everything.
accessories.jpg

Camera Lens Cleaner
It never occurred to me that I could blow out debris from my Splinters by blowing in to the air intake until I started watching @RastaBuddhaTao's live streams and saw him do it. I've got this camera lens cleaner that's small enough to fit right into the intake hole. It works for blowing out stuff from a number of other vapes as well. This is a relatively new idea to me, so the jury's still out on this one.
lens-cleaner.jpg

Edit: Added a pic for scale.
vapetools.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Nice, @seki !

Where did you get the scoop/poker that’s pictured with your bamboo skewer?

I guess that I should share some of my purposed or repurposed tools:

I use a poker from an old proto pipe as a stirrer. I use vintage salt spoons as a scoop (for some vapes). And I love my mini scoop and poke from @Ratchett that he designed especially for the grasshopper.

seki

Nice, @seki !

Where did you get the scoop/poker that’s pictured with your bamboo skewer?

I guess that I should share some of my purposed or repurposed tools:

I use a poker from an old proto pipe as a stirrer. I use vintage salt spoons as a scoop (for some vapes). And I love my mini scoop and poke from @Ratchett that he designed especially for the grasshopper.

They are the tools that come with the v-series Splinters from RBT:

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/spv2n.htm

@VGOODIEZ carries them individually. I recently purchased some:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/rastabuddahtao/products/stir-stick-dab-tool-by-rastabuddahtao-rbt

I think there are a few other vapes that come with either the same or a very similar tool. I seem to recall seeing them with Sticky Bricks and maybe one or two other vapes, but I don't know for sure.

Mr. Me2

They are the tools that come with the v-series Splinters from RBT:

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/spv2n.htm

@VGOODIEZ carries them individually. I recently purchased some:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/rastabuddahtao/products/stir-stick-dab-tool-by-rastabuddahtao-rbt

I think there are a few other vapes that come with either the same or a very similar tool. I seem to recall seeing them with Sticky Bricks and maybe one or two other vapes, but I don't know for sure.
That’s so funny. I’m new to the Splinter and have that tool. I wish it was a little more robust and thought that’s what you pictured (a heavier duty version). Now I know the scale of your skewer!

Fogoff

Wow impressive organisation man !

Similar to what you're asking, I was hoping people could also share everyday items they've re-purposed for vaping. I'm not quite sure why, but for some reason I seem to derive a small measure of satisfaction using something in a manner that is unintended or unexpected. This goes double when an alternate use for an item applies to my vaping routine.

Here are a few items I've re-purposed for vaping (also among my favourite tools too), I'm hoping others will share some of theirs as well:

Feeding syringe
This is an old spare medicine feeding syringe that I use to fill my mini-bubblers with distilled water. Unfortunately, it's just a few ml short of the perfect level so a second smaller draw to add a little more water is required. It's a bit of an annoyance, but the syringe is so small and compact, it's an easy flaw to ignore.
syringe.jpg

Bamboo Skewer
I have a strange fondness for this bamboo skewer. It was a longer skewer that's been cut in half and actually has been in use for my various vapes since 2005 for stirring, cleaning, picking out hard-to-reach bits in corners and various other maintenance tasks. I'm not quite sure how it's survived this long, but of all of my re-appropriated accessories, I think I would miss this the most if I were to break or lose it, despite being able to create another one in an instant. I guess I'm just sentimental.
bamboo.jpg

X-Acto Gripster
This one has also survived multiple vapes and still gets some use today. It is the back end of an X-Acto Gripster that you get when you disassemble the unit to change out the blade. This metal rod is perfect for tamping a load in a Pax 1/2 and is also the perfect size for inserting a CCD into a Dynavap tip. It's been mostly replaced by @danielj's inside tool for me, but the wide end is just slightly bigger than the IT and is a little easier to use as a result.
gripster.jpg

xacto-pax.jpg

xacto-it.jpg

Stem garden
This is a more recent one that I stole from a post on Reddit.
I took it as a sign when I saw an unused one sitting unopened at a friend's house the day after seeing this post. They had actually received two as gifts, so it ended up being free for me. Works great. If you're not weird about baby-germs, you can find one used for about $5.
stem-garden.jpg

Small glass food storage container
I find these small containers perfect for most of my iso-based cleaning requirements. This one has been in use since about 2010 and the lid is in dire need of a gasket replacement, but it still works fine. Most of my vape parts requiring iso cleaning fit into it including: all Vapcap parts, short glass RBT stems, Crafty cooling unit parts, all but the largest components of a Volcano solid valve, Pax mouthpieces & screens, along with various basket screens, dosing capsules and other small metal parts. I've found that I tend to save a lot iso when using a smaller container like this. The only downside is you have to clean each vape individually. You can do about 4-5 complete vapcaps at once, but that's about the limit.
glass-container.jpg

Accessories Storage
Due to recent purchases, I was finding myself overwhelmed with the amount of accessories and spare parts that accompany the various devices. These aren't the prettiest, and were originally meant for holding thread/bobbins, but until I can come up with something permanent and attractive, they work just fine and help with clutter. Two or three more of these and I should be covered for everything.
accessories.jpg

Camera Lens Cleaner
It never occurred to me that I could blow out debris from my Splinters by blowing in to the air intake until I started watching @RastaBuddhaTao's live streams and saw him do it. I've got this camera lens cleaner that's small enough to fit right into the intake hole. It works for blowing out stuff from a number of other vapes as well. This is a relatively new idea to me, so the jury's still out on this one.
lens-cleaner.jpg

CANtalk

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I love the Happy Daddy products. They are what got me into tools. Those glass and Ti Elev8 tools are super nice for the price!

@Mr. Me2 its like this. Ill send you one, I dont think its listed anymore. Its a thicker version of the ones that come with all the vapes. I cut one down so it would fit in my SBJ
46-Spoon-1.jpg

This one is much thicker and one of the strongest tools I have #47 & 48
47-Big-Oar-2.jpg

blackstone

Since before I got 7th Floor marble picks, my prize find is a "pin on drapery hook" like this but with a shorter pin, and less shitty looking.
3224_1.jpg

I just opened out the angle a little and its the ideal thing for pulling objects and materials out of holes and bowls!
Maybe because there's lots for your hand to grab in a small area. It sticks to a magnet very well too.
It is also the perfect tool for removing the clips on a Volcano vape bowl/easy valve.

I also have/do these!:
Bamboo Skewer

I use big paper clips bent into a straight line.

Top Bottom