• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What’s your favorite on demand portable?

MasterChief

Been using session vapes for a few years and recently bought a custom Z and really enjoy on demand hits. I haven’t been able to get consistent results with it though and hot spots can sometimes be an issue. What other on demand vapes would you guys recommend? I’m looking for something that can produce potent and consistent vapor from the first bowl.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have a Milaana 1.5, Ti woody Vapcap, Haze Square and Stempod. With the right coils Stempod is my favourite because it can have slightly better flavour than a Milaana and much more consistent power. Stock Stempod coils are shitty though so if you dont want to tinker there are better options. The other one I use almost daily is the Vapcap as it is very versatile. My Milaana and Haze Square dont see much use nowadays.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Get a dna for your Z

and-you-know-this-man.jpg

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Or get a DNA powered Lil'Bud Elite by Vapwood ! Elite says it all :)

Elite expensive for you, no worries the Lil' Bud Classic is at service !

little maggie

I like the MVT, Nomad and Milaana. (Especially the nomad)

But, if the reason you want another vape is because of problems with your Z I recommend you check with the Z thread about the problems you're having. Others have had hot spots and inconsistent results and have gotten help with it. Possibly the specific mod you have needs a setting adjustment. Even if you want another on demand, getting help with making the Z more enjoyable is worth it.

The Z and iHeat are my favorite mod vapes and I haven't had problems with either.

Doktor Dub

As my favorite on demand portable is my Splinter (by far), i would also suggest that you first try to dial in your Z better.
IMHO, a cooling Mouthpiece is essential for any Splinter / Splinter Z, if you use the stock Mouthpiece give it a try...
Another real on demand Vape is the Sticky Brick Junior, but it requires some technique and is absolutely not stealth - i didn t manage to get really good with it till now...

Just my :2c:

MasterChief

If it’s potent and consistent vapor on the first draw that you want, the Firewood 5 would be a strong candidate. However you may want to wait as the Firewood 6 is on the horizon.

I'm looking at the Lil Bud Classic and the Firewood 5. Have you used both? I really like the portability of the Firewood 5.

Where can I find some info on the Firewood 6?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I'm looking at the Lil Bud Classic and the Firewood 5. Have you used both? I really like the portability of the Firewood 5.

Where can I find some info on the Firewood 6?

Look at Firewood’s post here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/firewood-vaporizer.9306/page-174

He’s said the design phase is done and IIRC just needs to do the testing/tweaking. He’s recommending people interested in the Firewood wait for the 6, unless you love the specific features of the 5.

papa_ent

Have a tubo evic, lil bud classic, M, and mighty. Awaiting an Imp because of course. Had a Z but sold it to fund a mighty purchase. Liked the Z a lot but I had other things that filled that niche and I had some hotspot/charring. Havent tried the firewood, curious about the 6.

Fav is tubo, just so damn smooth, without any special mouthpiece. Never combusts or even approaches, I dont have hotspots, only starts to char a bit at 215 or more. Battery life is poor but I never need more than one battery for a session and battery is poor for all on-demand, just the nature of power required. Battery life was poor for Argo too and I always carried an extra. The 510s mitigate this somewhat with the choice of mods and extra batteries, but then you have to tweak the mod yourself and some require replacing coils. Tubo comes set to cloud city out the box.

LB Classic is outstanding, takes more technique but holds flavor really well and hits just as hard as any. Downside is power varies a bit based on battery power, if you arent mindful you can combust. It is my portable, fits in a pants pocket easy. Needs an external 18650 charger. Get the glass insert if you go this route. Both LB and tubo are super easy to clean cuz its just the mouthpiece collecting reclaim.

M is great for what it is. Torches mostly infuriate me.

Mighty is as great as everyone says, tied w tubo for me, but does take a minute to warm up and takes longer to extract roughly the same amount. And a flipping process to clean. Hope that helps in some way.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
if you arent mindful you can combust.
You can say that again. With a fresh battery you have to draw almost as soon as you press the button.. so if you happen to be about to take a draw, but are chatting it up.. be prepared. I do wish @Bravesst had created a built in battery gauge for the Lil Bud. I did buy is optional guage, but it is for checking battery.. it’s not a replacement battery door with a guage.

papa_ent

You can say that again. With a fresh battery you have to draw almost as soon as you press the button.. so if you happen to be about to take a draw, but are chatting it up.. be prepared. I do wish @Bravesst had created a built in battery gauge for the Lil Bud. I did buy is optional guage, but it is for checking battery.. it’s not a replacement battery door with a guage.

I rarely push the battery enough to need that but I guess you could know how to hit it based on battery level. That would really detract from the aesthetic though so I think I would keep the current design. I keep extra batteries around and that seems to handle the issue.

papa_ent,

F-UCTD

Firefly 2 is my favourite on demand. I'm a medical user and I love it. Sure there are things to improve but the flavour on dry flower or concentrate is exceptional.

F-UCTD,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@mistvaporizer Imp is particularly impressive to me in both it's speed and power, while still producing relatively tame/cool vapor. I think the vapor is not as harsh/dry as other convection portables due to how close the heater is to the load.

I can kill a 0.13g bowl in <2min with ease. The form factor is another big plus to me with the Imp

A lot of convection portables are clunky and just not suitable for carrying around and remaining discreet. They end up being home portables, really. Unless you're comfortable carrying around a 9inch lightsaber, that some other devices turn into... I just do not find many convection portables conducive to being pocket-able (or publicly usable without causing heads to turn or a brow to furrow), and still provide an adequate experience (when trying to consider all relative factors)

I have tried lots of on-demand portables seeking one that fits my needs/style, and I think this will be my daily on-the-go on-demand device for the time being.

On-demand devices are where this industry has the most potential to grow.

edit: I also love Vapcaps but they are not always the most convenient, despite being on demand. They cannot be bested as far as efficiency goes. Not even quantity-wise. It just extracts extremely well.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I rarely push the battery enough to need that but I guess you could know how to hit it based on battery level. That would really detract from the aesthetic though so I think I would keep the current design. I keep extra batteries around and that seems to handle the issue.
I have plenty of spare 18650s, but when one is getting fadded knowing when to switch becomes an issue. I run into a similar issue with other vapes which have no battery guage. @Alan s heater in the Lil Bud is powerful provided your battery has enough juice left to drive it.

Last edited:
YaMon,
Reactions: papa_ent

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How many on demand users here truly enjoy coming back to a half cooked flower bowl later?

IMO on demand flower vaping is kind of a gimmick. The vapes might heat up faster, but it's still a session to me unless you can finish the bowl in one hit.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
How many on demand users here truly enjoy coming back to a half cooked flower bowl later?

IMO on demand flower vaping is kind of a gimmick. The vapes might heat up faster, but it's still a session to me unless you can finish the bowl in one hit.

iMO session vapes are gimmick . Your herb is being warmed up yet no one is sucking on it , Wtf!?!?! Almost as wasteful as a joint ! Lol jokes , to each his/her own

Then again look who smokes joints and builds session vapes , lol, someone that goes through lots of herb !

I love ondemand for quick powerful hits or full bowl ...

@invertedisdead , not my fav thing to do BUT some vapes do preserve flavour quite a bit almost to 3/4 of your bowl give or take

Vape on!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

Wow, I have to agree with @P.A.M. All the on demand vapes I own are convection based, therefore the herbs are not being heated unless you are drawing air through them. Do I enjoy coming back to a partially vaped bowl? Not particularly as the first couple of draws have the best flavor and also the broadest spectrum. That said, I would rather return to a partially vaped bowl and kill it than accumulate ABV. I’m not in a legal state and the accumulated ABV is weight that could count against me. If I feel there is anything left I run it through the FlowerPot which at 747 F extracts enough that I am fine with disposing of the ABV.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow, I have to agree with @P.A.M. All the on demand vapes I own are convection based, therefore the herbs are not being heated unless you are drawing air through them. Do I enjoy coming back to a partially vaped bowl? Not particularly as the first couple of draws have the best flavor and also the broadest spectrum. That said, I would rather return to a partially vaped bowl and kill it than accumulate ABV. I’m not in a legal state and the accumulated ABV is weight that could count against me. If I feel there is anything left I run it through the FlowerPot which at 747 F extracts enough that I am fine with disposing of the ABV.

I never mentioned anything about conduction versus convection - I'm just saying unless one draw can crush the load It's still a session to finish the bowl, regardless of how fast the vaporizer reaches temperature. I'm not dissing anything, hell I might even pick up an Impcognito.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I never mentioned anything about conduction versus convection - I'm just saying unless one draw can crush the load It's still a session to finish the bowl, regardless of how fast the vaporizer reaches temperature. I'm not dissing anything, hell I might even pick up an Impcognito.
How small does a bowl have to be for my Asthma challenged lungs to clear it in one pull? I routinely use my Splinter Z and the screens hold maybe 0.1, perhaps there should be a smaller stem as the 18mm requires 0.1 to stay in the screen and force the airflow through the material. If the chamber and airpath were narrower it maybe more adapt at clearing a bowl in one draw?

Top Bottom