Went from Mighty to Dynavap, now looking for an on-demand microdose capable battery powered vape.

VapeForHealth

Greetings all!

I started with a Mighty, used it for a while, but then decided to try microdosing with a Dynavap. Currently using a Vong tip in a glass stem 14mm WPA through a Sneaky Pete Cube, using an Ispire Wand to heat it.

The Mighty has been sitting un-used since I got the Dynavap. I really like the Dynavap for its efficiency and effects, but it is a bit more of a hassle to use, and combined with the draw resistance, I am now looking for a new vape.

After using the Dynavap, I am done (for now) with session vaping, Being able to take an effective dose in a very short amount of time is great.

I am looking for a new vaporizer that is:

On-Demand
Microdose Compatible
Battery Powered
14mm WPA Compatible
Dosing Capsule Compatible

I have been looking at the Tinymight 2, and the XMax V3 Pro as those two are the only devices I have found that may fit my needs.

Is there anything that will "slap" like the Dynavap, but runs on batteries?

Thanks!

Never used a Dynavap or anything like it but it sounds like the POTV one meets your requirements. After spending a lot of money looking for the best vape I've settled on this one and it was the cheapest of them all (I think U can get it for less than $100).

I use the dosing capsules and they work great. Just the right amount at .15 grams and the extraction I get from it is way better than any of the others I've used. The ABV is always dark.

hardlawjockey,
Reactions: mauricesc

VapeForHealth

Never used a Dynavap or anything like it but it sounds like the POTV one meets your requirements. After spending a lot of money looking for the best vape I've settled on this one and it was the cheapest of them all (I think U can get it for less than $100).

I use the dosing capsules and they work great. Just the right amount at .15 grams and the extraction I get from it is way better than any of the others I've used. The ABV is always dark.
Thank you for your recommendation! Unfortunately, that device has no on demand mode, and though I forgot to add in the original post, I do want a device that has a removable battery.

VapeForHealth,

Axel_420

Thanks!

Leaning toward the TM2 at the moment. None of the online retailers I use have the Tetra p80, nor can I seem to find an official website for it, so I can't even look into it if I wanted it.
You can find products from Lamart, the manufacturer of the Tetra P80 among others, only on its official website: https://lamart.ch/
Not all products are available for purchase all the time, for example you can try to get the Tetra P80 only during the 2/3 (?) annual drops in which a limited number of already built and customizable units are made available for buyers. He's located in Switzerland.

VapeForHealth

You can find products from Lamart, the manufacturer of the Tetra P80 among others, only on its official website: https://lamart.ch/
Not all products are available for purchase all the time, for example you can try to get the Tetra P80 only during the 2/3 (?) annual drops in which a limited number of already built and customizable units are made available for buyers. He's located in Switzerland.
Thank you, that rules out the P80.

VapeForHealth,
Reactions: chimpybits

onesixty2

TM2 can't steer you wrong, is my go-to portable / just want something to chill with on the couch and sip on. Beautiful vape and is quite capable of powering through a bowl, but the temp control on it works really well for low temp terp chasing.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Not as pricey as the TM2 but still a top tier alternative is the Airvape Legacy Pro imo. One negative though is that the dosing capsules are being re-worked and the current ones aren't the best. Still like the vape though. Hits hard, great taste.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks! Looking forward to receiving it. Now is the time to watch some tutorial videos.

If you can skim through the TM thread, starting at the most recent page working your way backwards, my favorite way to use it is riding the lowest settings tempting each hit little bit by little bit, with a plain WPA and rimless basket screen inside to hold a pretty small amount of herb medium to coarse ground but anything works, upside down through a cooling hook of some sort (I also like good vibes boro stems) I haven't used the actual stock setup in a very long time lol

VapeForHealth

If you can skim through the TM thread, starting at the most recent page working your way backwards, my favorite way to use it is riding the lowest settings tempting each hit little bit by little bit, with a plain WPA and rimless basket screen inside to hold a pretty small amount of herb medium to coarse ground but anything works, upside down through a cooling hook of some sort (I also like good vibes boro stems) I haven't used the actual stock setup in a very long time lol
Thanks, will have a look!

What would be your suggestion for micro dosing? I assume small bowl pack, high temp, on-demand setting?

I will be using the TM2 through my Sneaky Pete Cube 14mm using the TM2 WPA (until I can get a better WPA) Just looking to for 2-4 really good hits per use.

Thanks again!

Shit Snacks

Thanks, will have a look!

What would be your suggestion for micro dosing? I assume small bowl pack, high temp, on-demand setting?

I will be using the TM2 through my Sneaky Pete Cube 14mm using the TM2 WPA (until I can get a better WPA) Just looking to for 2-4 really good hits per use.

Thanks again!

If you only want two or four hits, and want to clear the bowl, just set the temp dial higher, think of it as how fast you want your extraction to be... I am pretty much always microdosing with it, the amount that fits at the end in the basket screen is not very much... You just need to cover the screen to get a good hit, it's easy to microdose also with on-demand, because you can take hits spaced out as much as you want without finishing the bowl as well (the 14 and 3in1 WPA from TM have a glass honeycomb screen which I do not care for unless vaping whole nug or super chunky grind, I have different 14 adapters from other places to use basket screen in like I do with my 18 mm adapters also from other places) The stock stem with cooling unit is still effective too

VapeForHealth

If you only want two or four hits, and want to clear the bowl, just set the temp dial higher, think of it as how fast you want your extraction to be... I am pretty much always microdosing with it, the amount that fits at the end in the basket screen is not very much... You just need to cover the screen to get a good hit, it's easy to microdose also with on-demand, because you can take hits spaced out as much as you want without finishing the bowl as well (the 14 and 3in1 WPA from TM have a glass honeycomb screen which I do not care for unless vaping whole nug or super chunky grind, I have different 14 adapters from other places to use basket screen in like I do with my 18 mm adapters also from other places) The stock stem with cooling unit is still effective too
Thank you very much for the info! Sadly, the only WPA that I was able to find is the TM2 3in1. I have in stock alerts set for a 14mm WPA without the glass screen. I hope that the 3in1 WPA is at least usable in the meantime and wasn't a waste of money, but I vape ONLY through water, so I had to get what I could.

Shit Snacks

Thank you very much for the info! Sadly, the only WPA that I was able to find is the TM2 3in1. I have in stock alerts set for a 14mm WPA without the glass screen. I hope that the 3in1 WPA is at least usable in the meantime and wasn't a waste of money, but I vape ONLY through water, so I had to get what I could.

It is certainly usable, I have that one too, I only use it when I want to try a whole nug or super chunky grind though, it does restrict the air flow a bit because of the 10 mm taper, but it is nice to have... You can get aftermarket WPA, faster maybe cheaper, from the Rogue wax works and or Alan at toasty top also good vibes boro is where I have my fancier cooling stems from, but he could also do something basic

VapeForHealth

It is certainly usable, I have that one too, I only use it when I want to try a whole nug or super chunky grind though, it does restrict the air flow a bit because of the 10 mm taper, but it is nice to have... You can get aftermarket WPA, faster maybe cheaper, from the Rogue wax works and or Alan at toasty top also good vibes boro is where I have my fancier cooling stems from, but he could also do something basic
Thanks for the retailer suggestions. I just checked all of them, and I think this one from the rogue wax works looks perfect, but of course, it's out of stock. The website has no option to register for back in stock notifications, so I guess I will just have to keep checking. Does this look like a good WPA for my use case? Also, can I use the TM2 WPA with a basket screen as well so that I can use my normal grind, or did I waste money on it? It appears that I may have.

Thanks!

onesixty2

Thanks for the retailer suggestions. I just checked all of them, and I think this one from the rogue wax works looks perfect, but of course, it's out of stock. The website has no option to register for back in stock notifications, so I guess I will just have to keep checking. Does this look like a good WPA for my use case? Also, can I use the TM2 WPA with a basket screen as well so that I can use my normal grind, or did I waste money on it? It appears that I may have.

Thanks!
Can definitely vouch for the TRWW WPA if you want an 18mm, I know many posters in the TM2 thread also have them. I also really enjoy these screens TRWW sells, they fit any TM compatible stem. You can fold them around a bit to make for an extremely tight fit, I can push against the screen while debowling without dislodging it, I always had issues with the rounded screens moving around.

For a 14mm wpa the best I have found is Ed's TNT wooden WPA. It also fits 18mm.

You aren't wrong though, TRWW stock goes fast. https://theroguewaxworks.com/search?q=tinymight this was an open tab for me for weeks before I snagged the two mouthpieces I wanted.

VapeForHealth

Can definitely vouch for the TRWW WPA if you want an 18mm, I know many posters in the TM2 thread also have them. I also really enjoy these screens TRWW sells, they fit any TM compatible stem. You can fold them around a bit to make for an extremely tight fit, I can push against the screen while debowling without dislodging it, I always had issues with the rounded screens moving around.

For a 14mm wpa the best I have found is Ed's TNT wooden WPA. It also fits 18mm.

You aren't wrong though, TRWW stock goes fast. https://theroguewaxworks.com/search?q=tinymight this was an open tab for me for weeks before I snagged the two mouthpieces I wanted.
Thanks for the info and the links and especially the screens. I have some of the standard bowl screens coming, and I have bookmarked some similar screens that were suggested by members here, but this it the first time I have seen the type of screens that you linked, so it will be nice to compare and contrast.

The TM2 seems to be less mainstream than the previous vapes I have used, so I have not seen any of the custom made accessories or heard of the artisans that create them prior to this week. It is exciting, but also a bit overwhelming as I am completely new to the TinyMight "universe." This is why I am trying to learn as much as possible before the device even arrives, so that I will have an idea of what to do and what not to do.

Big thanks to EVERYONE here that has given their thoughts/suggestions/recommendations!

VapeForHealth,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the retailer suggestions. I just checked all of them, and I think this one from the rogue wax works looks perfect, but of course, it's out of stock. The website has no option to register for back in stock notifications, so I guess I will just have to keep checking. Does this look like a good WPA for my use case?

Yeah, the best way to know about new stock drops is to follow them on Instagram, also quickest way to chat with him if you have any specific questions or requests... There are even more options for aftermarket accessories beyond these, I highly recommend reading the TM thread as much as you can from most recent page backwards skimming, the search features can be tricky to get the hang of, but there have been many posts that list stuff all together worth grabbing and tutorial type things with tips

Also, can I use the TM2 WPA with a basket screen as well so that I can use my normal grind, or did I waste money on it? It appears that I may have.

Thanks!

Oh you can absolutely put a basket screen in there, the problem is you might not be able to get it out since you cannot poke it from the other side with the honeycomb screen in the way... You could try a flat screen as well if it is the right size? There's a lot of variety in glass and screens many options to find what fits and works best for whatever setup... Seriously try a little whole nug too when you get it, take a couple hits then flip the nug for a couple more, break it up and load with a basket screen to finish off... There's a lot of variety and versatility here!

TM has become one of the most mainstream artisan vape perhaps, fortunately it has more accessories than most others ever had available

VapeForHealth

Yeah, the best way to know about new stock drops is to follow them on Instagram, also quickest way to chat with him if you have any specific questions or requests... There are even more options for aftermarket accessories beyond these, I highly recommend reading the TM thread as much as you can from most recent page backwards skimming, the search features can be tricky to get the hang of, but there have been many posts that list stuff all together worth grabbing and tutorial type things with tips
I have been reading that thread from newest to oldest as per your earlier suggestion, and bookmarking it as I go, but it's gonna be a while with 800+ pages, so I am very thankful for all of the feedback I have received.

Oh you can absolutely put a basket screen in there, the problem is you might not be able to get it out since you cannot poke it from the other side with the honeycomb screen in the way... You could try a flat screen as well if it is the right size? There's a lot of variety in glass and screens many options to find what fits and works best for whatever setup... Seriously try a little whole nug too when you get it, take a couple hits then flip the nug for a couple more, break it up and load with a basket screen to finish off... There's a lot of variety and versatility here!
After looking closer at the picture of the 3in1 WPA, I see what you mean regarding the screen not coming back out. I have some 1/2 inch & 15mm flat screens on hand, not sure if they will work, but I will see when my device arrives.

TM has become one of the most mainstream artisan vape perhaps, fortunately it has more accessories than most others ever had available
This is true. I had just posted earlier that the TM2 seems to not be as mainstream as many of the other vapes I have used, but looking at the sites and products the members of this site have suggested/linked to, I agree 100%!

Shit Snacks

so I am very thankful for all of the feedback I have received

Yeah I'd recommend posting in that thread too if you haven't already, I'm not sure since I have been abstaining from it lately as I am trying to stay off FC more haha anyway hope you enjoy it when it arrives!! New things fun

Top Bottom