Weird white residue in vape after 2 weeks of non use

Vape_Or_Die420

I think that could be the right answer. And if it is, that is a terrible Vaporizer. I hope Farid and me are wrong, but it looks exactly like he said. Had this some weeks ago in a Walkie Talkie and yep. That's how it looks like.
I highly doubt it is battery acid. The battery in the ONE is located on the other side of the herb chamber. If you look closely at the picture you can see the powder is only accumulating on the outside of the metal herb chamber. If it were coming from the battery it would have to somehow seep through the heat chamber and up to the silicone. I would guess there would be residue visible from the air intake too. Also, i am noticing no bad taste or power issues.
Stab in the dark here.

I believe latex and other rubbers can absorb organic oils. Whatever absorbed from the vapor could just be coming out a little differently than it went in.
This thought is intriguing... i didnt think silicone could absorb anything
Should have licked it..........😬
I will have to live with this regret for the rest of my life. :lol:

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

I'm going with it is sodium. If you haven't cleaned it yet, maybe you live in a humid environment?
I just bought it on 4/20. I cleaned and did a burn off before using. Since then, youre right, it has not been cleaned after over a month of heavy use.

I do live in a very humid enviroment. How could it be sodium though?

Just came across this old thread. This person had a similar issue .

damm

I just bought it on 4/20. I cleaned and did a burn off before using. Since then, youre right, it has not been cleaned after over a month of heavy use.

I do live in a very humid enviroment. How could it be sodium though?

Just came across this old thread. This person had a similar issue .
I live nearby a saltwater lake personally, and my humidity is really high. It drops below 50% in the summer only. It happens to my Nitrile gloves if I don't dry them while taking them off.

SUPERVaperBros

Only one way to find out.. *click click click* FIRE UP THE OVEN :brow: vape it

In all seriousness it looks similar to discharge from a crap out battery. Real nasty stuff. Clean up real good and try not to touch it. How long have you owned the device and how heavy has it been used?

SUPERVaperBros,
Reactions: Bologna

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Interesting that they had a theory, So, now I am equally torn between the salts / humidity / condensation, the crystallised oil and the fungus theory - fungus is incredible stuff - entirely plausible!

Could easily be any of these... I don't have my Sapphire any more, other wise I would definitely leave it a bit mucky for a couple of weeks to see if it would happen again... we need lab analysis :rofl:

Vape_Or_Die420

Only one way to find out.. *click click click* FIRE UP THE OVEN :brow: vape it

In all seriousness it looks similar to discharge from a crap out battery. Real nasty stuff. Clean up real good and try not to touch it. How long have you owned the device and how heavy has it been used?
Only had it a couple months, never cleaned it though it has been heavily used. I typically take my vapes still under warranty through the ringer.

Vape_Or_Die420,

SUPERVaperBros

Only had it a couple months, never cleaned it though it has been heavily used. I typically take my vapes still under warranty through the ringer.
Found mine held up decent. After 1 year suffered only fitment issues and battery degradation from heavy use. First time seeing white power. No mold here, despite water draining into the unit after dropping it with the water bub hooked up once.

damm

POTV customer service thinks it is mold of some sort. Could there be a cannabis loving fungus among us?

If you are buying Cannabis from the black market that isn't tested for mold, it's certainly possible that you left a trace of mold from your last use, and it grew over time. Although looking at Powdery Mildew images, I'm not convinced it is mold. Below is one image.

1dfe55341b80437b4096dde90d93b5d9

Farid

It looks more granular than the mold I've seen. I would have suggested heating a little bit on a knife to see how it melts to see if it's some kind of cannabis residue, but it sounds like you cleaned it.

But I wouldn't use it without taking apart the device a little bit just to make sure it's not something more sinister like mold or something else dangerous.

ninjagaijin

If it is salt, I get salt crystals on my eyebrows regularly that kind of look like that, white dust. I think it's my pores or something but after 12-18 hours I can often find some salt crystals on my eyelids/around my eyebrows.

vapirtoo

Experiment!
Put the vape in storage just as you did previously,
wait for two weeks and see what develops.
If the shit comes back, do what ARB said and
taste it!
Then publish your results.
Lastninja, so you love salty foods?
Hydration? ( sorry just the coach in me )

Vape_Or_Die420

Im back, as promised!! And it happened again.....

So i've been hard at work beating up my POTV ONE and gettin her real dirty. A few weeks ago i replaced my silicone screen because it was falling out on me and set the used one in the my closet like last time and left it alone again to see if the residue would reappear and.... it did. Keep in mind i thouroughly cleaned it since the first time it happened with iso.

In the pictures below it looks to me the silicone is covered in hash oils. My guess is the silicone might be sweating oils and then they crystalize when dried out. :hmm: Weird it seems to be only happening to me.

Sorry my pictures may not be the best. I have an older phone.

Anyone else have a guess??

Last edited:
Top Bottom