Weird white residue in vape after 2 weeks of non use

Vape_Or_Die420

So i left my POTV ONE sitting in my closet for 2 weeks while i was on vacation. Came back to see this white powdery residue built up.

Definetly not the vapes fault.

What do you think this is? Mold? Been vaping for 13 years, never had this happen.
ibb.co

20210619-221927

Image 20210619-221927 hosted in ImgBB

Last edited:

badbee

That's really odd. It looks like the leakage you get from alkaline batteries but I've never heard of lithium batteries leaking material that looks like that. Do you use concentrates? Could it be crystallized left overs or reclaim (never heard of reclaim going full crystal either).

Vape_Or_Die420

It looks like someone spilled CBD isolate
What it taste like?
That's really odd. It looks like the leakage you get from alkaline batteries but I've never heard of lithium batteries leaking material that looks like that. Do you use concentrates? Could it be crystallized left overs or reclaim (never heard of reclaim going full crystal either).
Ive been using it all day and don't taste any issues like battery acid or anything.

Well, due to the horror i felt seeing it, i immedietly cleaned it up with iso. So i have no evidence to further examine. It appeared to dissolve quickly and clean easy in the iso. Definitely powdery/crystaly and super weird.

I would have to guess it is a fungus but i cant imagine why it would grow right there and not in the mouthpiece or mini bubbler. I dont know, maybe it it thc crystals forming from the herb oil... but it was all brushed out before i put it away for 2 weeks. :bang: never seen anything like this

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

And there's absolutely no possibility that someone else got into that closet?
Nope my house was empty for 2 weeks. No one else i know has a key or would sneak into my house to vape CBD isolate in my POTV ONE :lol:

I would like to add that i grow a good amount of mushrooms at home and can't imagine a harder place to grow mycelium than silicone or plastic on a vape. Wish i had taken a sample for a petri dish. The more i think about it there is little chance it is fungus.

Anyone ever clean an acrylic grinder with iso, like the one that comes with S&B vapes? I used to years ago and the cannabis residue in the grinder would sometimes turn white after rinsing it off with cold water. Kind of reminds me of this senario but still perplexing.

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

sniff sniff... someone say shrooms. LOL

As for the white residue. What was the last thing it was cleaned with?
Lookin good with that setup @Hackerman.

Just cleaned it with a brush before i put it away before a 2 week vacation. Only owed this vape since 4/20 so i haven't done a thorough cleaning until this happened, so it was kinda dirty.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Ahhhhhh.... this might help?

edit: forgot to say I have had this build up in my Ariser Sapphire when I didn't use it for a little while, all round the rim of the chamber, a soft crystal white dust. I thought it was battery leakage stuff too - but it was definitely not.

Vape_Or_Die420

Ahhhhhh.... this might help?

edit: forgot to say I have had this build up in my Ariser Sapphire when I didn't use it for a little while, all round the rim of the chamber, a soft crystal white dust. I thought it was battery leakage stuff too - but it was definitely not.
Interesting... im relieved to hear im not the only one

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Interesting... im relieved to hear im not the only one

Yeah, I am pretty sure it's just a thin film of oil from the chamber crystallising!

I just wiped it off too.

Obviously there's no way to be 100% sure without a proper analysis though... :sherlock:

The only other thing that comes in contact with it is IPA, but that seems an unlikely cause - it evaporates very quickly and if it was going to leave a residue it would be apparent, um... immediately?

The only other possibility is a denaturing of the chamber itself - aluminium oxide perhaps? Seems unlikely and on cleaning there would be pitting and other signs of corrosion.

passenger

is this thing on?
Looks like the stuff that forms when a battery electrolyte leaks. I'd disassemble to the battery if possible and check for damage.
I think that could be the right answer. And if it is, that is a terrible Vaporizer. I hope Farid and me are wrong, but it looks exactly like he said. Had this some weeks ago in a Walkie Talkie and yep. That's how it looks like.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I think that could be the right answer. And if it is, that is a terrible Vaporizer. I hope Farid and me are wrong, but it looks exactly like he said. Had this some weeks ago in a Walkie Talkie and yep. That's how it looks like.
I can only speak for myself but I am absolutely 100% certain it was not this on mine!

I know what that stuff looks like, generally it's an alkaline battery problem and perhaps most obviously, batteries that leak like this tend not to work afterwards :)

Top Bottom