Weed Country

escierdanyc

Anyone watch this show? It's great and I can only see it doing good things for the community with the way it's going so far. I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on it yet. It's on Discovery for those of you who wanna check it out.

escierdanyc,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've been trying to watch this, but I have to admit that I fucking HATE the way the show is produced. I hate the way a lot of these types of shows are being produced to be honest. It is a new genre that I call "scripted reality". They try to make it seem like a reality show, but it is scripted and produced in a way that is offensive to even mildly intelligent people.

Last week there was one scene that was particularly difficult to watch. 2 different charachters that have been being filmed by the same production company albeit in different "threads" meet up. Cameras document the arrival from both parties perspective (as they each have a camera crew in tow).

One guy (pretends to) want to vet the credentials of the other guy. Saying stuff like "I need to check your references" and proceeds to attempt to check the guys credentials. Of course even a casual observer would note that they would both be in the presence of camera crews from the same company filming the scene, so background checks are probably not necessary.

It's the way the show insults my intelligence that makes it unwatchable for me. I'm intrigued by the actual subject matter at hand, but the show is so poorly written that it makes my eyes bleed.

:peace:

escierdanyc

You're so right. My girlfriend and I were blazing while watching the show and we couldn't stop laughing at all the cheesy edits. My favorite part of the show isn't the growing though; it's the inside look at the patients and how they use cannabis to help with their many ailments.

"Scripted reality",perfect Stu!
Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together can tell it's scripted,badly. BUT,any exposure is good for the cause IMHO.
When they show all the manpower,the helicopters,the communications van I can't help but wonder how much all that costs?
I wonder how many real criminals they could have caught with that amount of manpower and TAXPAYER money?
The fact they do show both sides is a sign things are changing for the better...I hope.

ShipDit,
Reactions: Stu
Top Bottom