Way to stop metal threads biting? Please?

Old_muel

Alrighty then I'm talking about the danivape specifically here but I've encountered this issue before on other non-vape things with machined metal threading too, when tightened the threading sticks & the two parts become stuck together, on my danivape they only need to be just barely tightened, just lightly touched to the end of their range & they want to stick, feels like the threads are kinda sharp or something & they just really want to bite/bind. Found various solutions for getting it unstuck when they bind from the ol 2 sets o' pliers, to freezer thermal shock, banging the cap on hard surface etc which helps but ideally I want it to be able to thread closed & not stick at all, like my anvil does. What is the difference that makes one of these stick frequently & one never? And can I possibly fix/improve my danis threading myself? Someone has suggested sanding the threads to smoothen, folding the piece & sanding in the valleys etc Can anyone in the know about machining/mechanical engineering & stuff confirm if that would help or suggest any other tips or ways to fix? Oh & just not tightening it down all the way isn't a fix, needs to be fairly tightened for proper airflow, can & do leave backed off a little but still sometimes finds a way of closing on it's own, like when putting it down or when in my pocket etc & subsequently will bind sometimes,.
Thanks guys

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
ive seen people say sanding down the threads helps a lot, I havent had this issue on mines i think they got the qc together later one

Sour Dream,
Top Bottom