Water Curing oil after its made

Nok21

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone has tried to water cure some QWISO oil they've made, after they've made it.

I had a load of old 151 tinctures (Terrible taste, hard to mask with anything but soda due to potency) that i had gathered over a few months, and decided to evaporate them in the normal fashion- pan and fan.

Now, im left with quite a bit of QWISO oil that has all these rum sugars and spices in it, and I don't imagine vaping these would be pleasant. I also don't want to bake it into coconut oil because it probably has a shit load of sugar blended in with this goo.

So, being the conservative vaper i am, I decided i wanted to water cure it and then try baking or vaping it instead of using it as a tincture- I recently got into cooking with coconut oil and vastly prefer it to my old tincture method. I also cannot bear to throw out my abv/reclaim.

The general method of water curing abv seems to be mixing it with water, soaking for a day, and then replace the water every day for a week. My oil is dark gold and in a gooey form (As most abv oils are), so how would i possibly manage to filter this gooey oil without losing it?

Well i think i have an idea..

So tonight I will smear this wad of old tincture extract (Remember, it was made with Rum- and i want to remove those impurities along with any others) on a sheet of organic japanese cotton to act as the filter. I'll fold the cotton over itself and tie it off with some hemp string, then try the one week water cure method usually reserved for plant material. After 5 days of soaking and resoaking, ill do a QWISO extract on the cotton wad and see what i have left. (Ill try to weigh before and after the experiment, so we all know if its worth the effort)

I just wanted to run this by you guys to get some opinions on how this will turn out. It could be a nice method of converting bad tincture batches into a more useful form for those who use 151 and do not have access to a more pure alcohol, or those who just like to recycle their abv/reclaim a lot.

Comments, opinions, and questions are welcome.

Nok21,
Top Bottom