NFC Washington State Cannabis News

macbill

Gregarious Misanthrope
Staff member

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
a continuation of FC Thread

COVID-19 delays mandatory pesticide testing for Washington state recreational cannabis

The coronavirus pandemic has scuttled government efforts in Washington state to require pesticide testing for recreational marijuana, dealing a setback to an idea that has been kicked around for several years by local industry officials and regulators.

As a resident, I thought our Rec industry was tested. My stupid.
Many of the growers in WA publish what or if they use pesticides, and there are quite a few that really focus on producing great products without any pesticides. While I would much rather have everything tested, I stick with the growers that are doing it the right way.

yogurtsauce

I bought an oz from Blazed. Previous batches no pesticides. This batch has “possible” mite killer and mite preventative. I can definitely notice a headache.

okanogan farms is solid. So is Quincy green

Gunky

Might be worth seeing if you can become a WA state medical user and then you could grow up to six plants. It's nice to know what is going into your cannabis and feel confident that it is clean and safe. Eventually these commercial growers will get their act together but in the meantime... (shakes head).

acolyte

Yeah, the whole pesticide situation is whack. Finding information on pesticides, which farms use pesticides, etc, is very difficult.

Recently I got burned buying a Canna Organix product. From their website: https://www.cannaorganix.com/about-us
Growing in the heart of the 'Olympic Rain Shadow,' a region on the Olympic Peninsula that receives only 16 inches of rain a year and 250 days of sunshine creates an ideal climate for producing cannabis naturally without the use of chemical pesticides.
(emphasis mine)

But the product I purchased does use neem oil and mineral oil. I'm not a hippy, I'm concerned with possible unknown health problems from vaporizing natural compounds as well.

Does anyone here know of any good farms producing high quality dabbable concentrates with ZERO pesticide use? I can find pesticide-free flower but dabs not as much. I'm in SW WA.

acolyte,

C No Ego

Yeah, the whole pesticide situation is whack. Finding information on pesticides, which farms use pesticides, etc, is very difficult.

Recently I got burned buying a Canna Organix product. From their website: https://www.cannaorganix.com/about-us
(emphasis mine)

But the product I purchased does use neem oil and mineral oil. I'm not a hippy, I'm concerned with possible unknown health problems from vaporizing natural compounds as well.

Does anyone here know of any good farms producing high quality dabbable concentrates with ZERO pesticide use? I can find pesticide-free flower but dabs not as much. I'm in SW WA.
WTF does hippy have to do with Health ? Azadaratckin is made from Nem oil and is a pesticide ... it has been shown to cause cannabis hypermesis syndorme effects in first time users ... considered safe and organic ... maybe the people putting that on plants should dab some pure neem oil first and see effects

C No Ego,

acolyte

I meant to say, "the reason I want pesticide-free is to avoid health complications, and I don't trust natural compounds to be any safer than chemical pesticides"

Some hippies around here think everything is okay as long as it's organic, they don't realize eg cyanide ;) I haven't seen any definitive info on vaporized neem oil, which I take as a bad sign.

I guess I am looking for no-spray cannabis flower and concentrates.

I have heard that neem oil etc will evaporate off the plant if it's sprayed before flowering, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe they mean to say that the buds won't have oil on them, because they opened a few weeks after the spray was applied?

acolyte,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom