Warm-hearted News Stories

Summer

Long Island, NY
Not a News story. (Damn, I should have titled this thread just "Warmhearted Stories."

This one is Love:

Summer,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Jill NYC , thank you for gifting us this truly heartwarming article. Brad's gonna wonderful memories for the rest of his life.

Edited to add from USAToday: "Wei (the passenger) said she hopes good things happen for Sam, who wants to write a children's book with his daughters."

"I really hope people who have been affected and inspired by this story remember him in the months to come, and when the time comes for them to have the opportunity to support him or anyone else in their lives, that they take it," she told USAToday.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Not really in the news, but a warm-hearted compilation. It could make one’s allergies act up though.

Exsmoker,

florduh

A rare billionaire discovers you can't take it with you to the grave.

Yeah, I probably should've figured there's no such thing as a truly good billionaire.

florduh

FmXSQgXWQAA2uzz

Robert Redford Nod GIF

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oops, missed the edit window... apologies for the double post....

Feelin' the luv today, and no idea why, but fuck yeah, I'll take it...!:

Edit:

Eels - A Daisy Through Concrete
I LOVE the Man, and not at all ashamed to admit it! 💕

Last edited:
Bologna,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Blimey! That's wonderful! You brought tear to my eye dude!

My grandmother died of Parkinson's 20 odd years ago. My great uncle about 10 years before that. It's an incredibly viscous disease that takes away people's dignity. I would have loved to have seen them try this but their time was too early.

RIP ❤️
Honestly? It makes me tear every time, too... but I think about my neighbor we met at the beach house in Ogunquit, ME, back in the 90s, that has/had (?) a pretty severe case of MS, like always in a chair or wheelchair-type MS, and how I'd hook her up with local bud, and she'd just get up and walk around! And look and talk soooo much better and seem so much happier (of course).... her pop, a Texas Supreme Court Judge actually owned the tiny cabin, too, and she'd come up now and then with only her hubby and we'd cross paths... haven't seen them in a good 20 years, or so... hope they are well.

Edit: my father in-law basically died of atypical Parkinson's (no tremors, but muscle issues etc) from being a (phd) chemist for Sprague Electric out on the Deerfield River in North Adams, MA, (went to Williams w/a scholarship, one town over) and being exposed to very specific nasty chemicals in the days before OSHA... he also got laid-off early in the 80s... and wasn't diagnosed until the early 00s.... very sad.

Last edited:
Bologna,
  • Love
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom