• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volta: Battery-Powered Portable by VaporGenie

bounce5

I still use mine, big cloud machine esp through water ,if I don't get to medicated tonight I will do a little video to show what a nice little vape this is....

Mine still works like day one and batterys still going strong ,its been to dam with me ,big bowl on demand conduction which just needs shaking to stir bowl....it def better tasting than the flowermate but does have a bigger learning curve and it is possible to combust but most manual vaporizers have that risk....
I get three loads per battery but they can be big loads if needed, and I have replaced the plastic mouthpiece with a wooden one...

This vape def needs some more love as vapefiend did not use it properly, I did comment on his video saying this but I did not get a reply.......

Would love to see a video showing proper use for this vape.

Is it a pain to clean? It looked like it could be since material can get behind the metal walls. Does it require/work best with a finishing grinder grind like the MFLB?

bounce5,

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Yeh some herb gets stuck but its very flexible and strong you flick it upside down with your finger and it all falls out then I use a mighty sized brush after .
I find it likes a fairly fine grind for big clouds but no need for a finishing grinder I use a spacecase four piece ....

RastaVapa,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

bounce5

I still use mine, big cloud machine esp through water ,if I don't get to medicated tonight I will do a little video to show what a nice little vape this is....

Mine still works like day one and batterys still going strong ,its been to dam with me ,big bowl on demand conduction which just needs shaking to stir bowl....it def better tasting than the flowermate but does have a bigger learning curve and it is possible to combust but most manual vaporizers have that risk....
I get three loads per battery but they can be big loads if needed, and I have replaced the plastic mouthpiece with a wooden one...

This vape def needs some more love as vapefiend did not use it properly, I did comment on his video saying this but I did not get a reply.......

Where's the video?.....

bounce5,

OF

I have both convection and conduction vapes (61 and counting)and no longer believe one method of heating my herbs to vape 'em is better then the other.

Both convection and conduction can be done right or wrong, some convection vapes suck and some don't and some conduction vapes suck and some don't.

Just as there is no best Vape I don't believe there's a best style (convection or conduction) of heating my herbs to boil off the goodies. Heat is Heat.

AMEN, BROTHER!!! "No truer words were ever spoken" as the saying goes, or in our case that would be '....ever typed'?

No method is automatically superior, and that includes radiation which I think has some serious advantages to bring to the party as well. They can all deliver heat on demand and with reasonable control.

There may also be a factor in there for easy, effective cleaning.....but that might be caught up in the overall design factors?

And for sure, in the end, it's so subjective that 'what's best' for one guy is at best a guide for the next. The only guarantee of using the best possible gear/techniques for you is to explore them all.......if you live long enough.

Anyway, spot on, RB. Ya broke the code for sure from where I sit.

Thanks.

OF

bounce5

So now I'm curious about the Volta. As a butane vape fan, I like that it extracts quickly, is on demand, and gets the abv dark. Also the price isn't bad. I have a few questions though...

Volta owners: How is the draw rate on the Volta? Is there airflow holes? And how smooth or hot and harsh is the vapor using the mouthpiece? Is it necessary to use it through water or with a whip? How is cleaning it - is that a pain? What do you think of the mica insulators? What is the biggest complaint about the Volta? Is shaking it a tedious process, fun, or both? Does the lid ever fly off while shaking or at any time - is it well secured? How is the ergonomics of holding the button while shaking - I have smaller woman hands (I am a woman) - could this be a problem? How hard is it to push down the button - how much pressure does it require? How does it compare to the MFLB?

Since it extracts quickly, maybe shaking it wouldn't be soo bad.

Last edited:

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
So now I'm curious about the Volta. As a butane vapes fan, I like that it extracts quickly, is on demand, and gets the abv dark. Also the price isn't bad. I have a few questions though...

Volta owners: How is the draw rate on the Volta? Is there airflow holes? And how smooth or hot and harsh is the vapor using the mouthpiece? Is it necessary to use it through water or with a whip? How is cleaning it - is that a pain? What do you think of the mica insulators? What is the biggest complaint about the Volta? Is shaking it a tedious process, fun, or both? Does the lid ever fly off while shaking or at any time - is it well secured? How is the ergonomics of holding the button while shaking - I have smaller woman hands (I am a woman) - could this be a problem? How hard is it to push down the button - how much pressure does it require? How does it compare to the MFLB?

Since it extracts quickly, maybe shaking it wouldn't be soo bad.

Draw is very open I do a slow draw, air is drawn in around door which has a strong magnet securing it tightly I have never had it fly off shaking it.

I use it with just a mouthpiece and it works well not too hot tastes a bit similar to a mflb, I just prefer water, I don't use the mica washers they just fall out all the time and herb sometimes get stuck around edges but a brush works well for it, button is very easy to press and its very small size will be ok with small hands I would say.

The shaking is good as more even extraction is got and big clouds are possible shaking while holding down button.

If you order from vaporgenie get an extra set of batterys I find four to be ample...

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
(had this response sitting a while and RastaVape beat me to the punch)

I find the draw is pretty wide open, I take 6-8 second draws. The outside air gets pulled from around the lid, there are no real 'airflow holes"

I only use mine dry. It's not hot or harsh at all to my senses.

Cleaning is simple just dump the load, flick the heating coil and brush clean, clean or change the screen once in a while.
If your OCD about vapes being spotlessly clean the Volta may not be for you though since it's wood it gets pretty well seasoned in the chamber. The mica plates work well if the little bit of charring under the heating coil bothers you but without them the charring actually stops at a certain point and is only cosmetic(like on the basic VM).

Shaking it is as simple as shaking the launch box, you just have to move the bud around a bit... you don't have to go crazy like your mixing oil and vinegar or a shaking a can of spray paint.(the lid stays in place even if you do shake like mad)

Small hands are no problem when gripping the Volta and the switch moves freely and smoothly so hand/finger strength isn't an issue.

To me the Volta is closer in taste to my Vapman then my MFLB and uses smaller loads like the Vapman.

As much as the Volta seems to be like the Launch box It's really a different animal altogether in use, Both have a regular place in my rotation though these days I'm using my volta more often then the Box.

@bounce5 Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Sorry, I know this post doesn't read very smoothly... It's that kinda day.

:peace:

Last edited:

bounce5

(had this response sitting a while and RastaVape beat me to the punch)

I find the draw is pretty wide open, I take 6-8 second draws. The outside air gets pulled from around the lid, there are no real 'airflow holes"

I only use mine dry. It's not hot or harsh at all to my senses.

Cleaning is simple just dump the load, flick the heating coil and brush clean, clean or change the screen once in a while.
If your OCD about vapes being spotlessly clean the Volta may not be for you though since it's wood it gets pretty well seasoned in the chamber. The mica plates work well if the little bit of charring under the heating coil bothers you but without them the charring actually stops at a certain point and is only cosmetic(like on the basic VM).

Shaking it is as simple as shaking the launch box, you just have to move the bud around a bit... you don't have to go crazy like your mixing oil and vinegar or a shaking a can of spray paint.(the lid stays in place even if you do shake like mad)

Small hands are no problem when gripping the Volta and the switch moves freely and smoothly so hand/finger strength isn't an issue.

To me the Volta is closer in taste to my Vapman then my MFLB and uses smaller loads like the Vapman.

As much as the Volta seems to be like the Launch box It's really a different animal altogether in use, Both have a regular place in my rotation though these days I'm using my volta more often then the Box.

@bounce5 Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Sorry, I know this post doesn't read very smoothly... It's that kinda day.

Thanks for answering questions. The Volta sounds pretty good. A few more questions: When shaking- does the battery ever lose contact and need to be re-adjusted, or fall out? Does the mouthpiece ever fall out when shaking? Is the vapor quality smoother/less harsh than the MFLB when using dry? Since the wood get's well seasoned, is it a smelly vape when not in use? Is it smellier than the MFLB when not in use?

Last edited:
bounce5,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The battery has never lost contact on mine when shaken nor has the mouthpiece ever fallen out.
(just started using the new wooden mp for the first time yesterday and it's as tight as the others but imparts a freshly sawed wood taste with the herbs, hope that goes away with use)

I find it smoother and easier on my throat then the LB, but I often go for bigger hits with the box for some reason so that could be a factor in it being harsher.

The Volta smells a little after a lot of use but not nearly as bad as the Launch box, IMO it's because in the box the oils pool up under the screen never to really be cleaned or vaped off properly where in the volta the oils don't have the chance to build up as much since the heating element surrounds the entire chamber so the chamber gets discolored but isn't oily like the box.

Last edited:

Skyscraper

I've been in the market for a new portable vape ever since my Arizer Air stopped working a few months ago (can't use the warranty as I bought it secondhand).

After considering all the portable options available today, I was looking at the $100 or less options as there's a lot of solid vapes at that price. IMO, one problem with many of them seem to be almost disposable, with 1 year warranty and non-replaceable batteries being the norm.

This one ticks a lot of boxes. Can't believe it's not more popular.
It looks to be a solid product that will last, unlike some other options for <$100 where the vape may stop working in 1-2 years.

bounce5

I found a Vaporgenie coupon code. Reddit10 brings the price down to $81. I will probably get this sometime....I do have to wait a bit since I just purchased the Milaana.

bounce5

Oops back to back post, but it was days ago...

Is the battery that the Volta uses the size and weight of a regular 18650 battery or is it more the size of the MFLB battery?

Last edited:
bounce5,

204Markie

I was curious if the Volta is fully compatible with MFLB mouth pieces and accessories? As I frequent the Vapman page and a lot the LB things work for it. So what I want to know if I can also use those for the Volta for when I purchase it.

I'm surprised that this Vape doesn't have a huge following and I wonder the reason, the price is quite low and the fast heat up times, character and looks like its easy to maintain. I guess the only thing I don't really like is the shipping from the US ( they never do free shipping to Canada ) As I cant find a Canadian site that carries this product.

Could you guys show me your current setup with the Volta or if it's still in your vape rotation.

My rotation is Vapman>>Handcarved VG>>Wispr.2>>Glass VG Bat

204Markie,

Choices

Throwing out a net to see if there are any other frequent Volta users out there, or a minimum Volta owners. I just got one of these from VG and I must say it is quite the interesting piece. I hits pretty hard but is fairly cool. The quick heat up & cool down, much like the MFLB, is great for microdosing and walking in the woods. Batteries seem quite strong and it is a straightforward learning curve that is best described as a MFLB & convection unit mix. I like it! Chime in if you have this in your collection with your plus and minus points! Peace!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I still use mine and like it quite a bit, it's been one of those surprises when it comes to flavor and I find it's pretty frugal with the herbs.

I can't leave mine out like i used to and use it just to take a hit here and there throughout the day and night so it gets used less these days, but I still have a few nights a month where i'm just using the Volta.

Of late I use mine most when i'm spending an evening just slowly going through a few loads while sitting back listening to music. It's served me well so far so i'd say it's a keeper.

JEMSKU

Vaporgenie.com has relaunched with a new website and the Volta seems conspicuously absent from their catalogue.

Discontinued?

JEMSKU,
Top Bottom