• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volta: Battery-Powered Portable by VaporGenie

Pcpvapors

November is here and the damn take my money button is still broken :( was hoping to see some presence here maybe waiting for Christmas season?

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
Hello

Volta Vaporizers are now available. We have made several changes:

1) A replaceable mouthpiece screen has been added. This screen will prevent plant matter bits from being inhaled. These screens will cost $2 for 10 screens.

2) Mica insulators (3 pieces) have been added between the heating element and wood body. These insulators improve energy efficiency and almost completely eliminate wood charring.The mica pieces are designed for use at extreme high temperature and will not outgas or produce inhalable particles. These mica insulators are user replaceable and are cheap ($1 per set).

3) Cover is now made of bamboo, instead of glass (magnetic attachment mechanism is the same). This bamboo cover is essentially unbreakable and retains heat better than the glass (which increases battery life). All customers said the transparent glass was unnecessary anyway, because viewing the chamber is unnecessary.

Soon (1-2 months) we will have a re-designed LED battery indicator friendly to color-blind people. The new battery indicators will have two spaced-apart LEDs (red and green). When they are both ON, its time to remove the battery. This will be apparent to the colorblind. Also, colorblind people can remember which LED is red and which is green.

And, we dropped the price by $10, since we are no longer using glass windows.

wisherly

Hello

Volta Vaporizers are now available. We have made several changes:

1) A replaceable mouthpiece screen has been added. This screen will prevent plant matter bits from being inhaled. These screens will cost $2 for 10 screens.

2) Mica insulators (3 pieces) have been added between the heating element and wood body. These insulators improve energy efficiency and almost completely eliminate wood charring.The mica pieces are designed for use at extreme high temperature and will not outgas or produce inhalable particles. These mica insulators are user replaceable and are cheap ($1 per set).

3) Cover is now made of bamboo, instead of glass (magnetic attachment mechanism is the same). This bamboo cover is essentially unbreakable and retains heat better than the glass (which increases battery life). All customers said the transparent glass was unnecessary anyway, because viewing the chamber is unnecessary.

Soon (1-2 months) we will have a re-designed LED battery indicator friendly to color-blind people. The new battery indicators will have two spaced-apart LEDs (red and green). When they are both ON, its time to remove the battery. This will be apparent to the colorblind. Also, colorblind people can remember which LED is red and which is green.

And, we dropped the price by $10, since we are no longer using glass windows.

That's good news. I'm very curious about this vape, and love my hand-carved VG. In fact, you could say that I'm looking for an electric portable that replicates most aspects of my vaporgenie but without having to use a lighter. That's great to see the suggestions from some of those here implemented in the new version. It feels like a little bit of FC went into the Volta. Some questions for the manufacturer or whoever:

1. Are glass covers still available, separately or not? I have a strange desire to watch herbs roasting.

2. Does this version (version 1.1?) heat herbs to the same darkness with the same consistency as the preliminary version? Do the strips of mica affect this? One of the things that I'm attracted to in this vape is its ability to roast herbs to a dark color very quickly.

3. What is the approximate usable capacity of the chamber? I would guess about .2g from the pictures, with the chamber about half full. Is that about right?

Thanks.

wisherly,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What is the approximate usable capacity of the chamber? I would guess about .2g from the pictures, with the chamber about half full. Is that about right?

Thanks.

The chamber is actually bigger than you think. I just checked mine with .3 g and it was a little under half full. I would never load that much, however. Since it is a conduction device, any material that is not in contact with the screen will not be heated efficiently. A large load will be more difficult to vaporize thoroughly and evenly and will require a lot of shaking. I think .1 g is about right for a practical limit, and I use less than that, .07 g (weighed).

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
1. Are glass covers still available, separately or not? I have a strange desire to watch herbs roasting.

2. Does this version (version 1.1?) heat herbs to the same darkness with the same consistency as the preliminary version? Do the strips of mica affect this? One of the things that I'm attracted to in this vape is its ability to roast herbs to a dark color very quickly.

3. What is the approximate usable capacity of the chamber? I would guess about .2g from the pictures, with the chamber about half full. Is that about right?

Thanks.

1-We are no longer making the glass covers. We might sell the few remaining ones if people ask for them.

2-Yes the new version heats herbs to the same temperature/darkness as the original version we sold during summer 2013. The mica strips do not affect this, but they do prevent charring of the wood, and improve energy efficiency/batttery life. The Volta heats FAST and can achieve higher temps than the MFLB and other portable battery powered vaporizers.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
This morning picked up the Volta went to load it and much to my dismay the glass is cracked side to side at the seat for the magnet, what a drag.

Placed an order for a Bamboo door plus some batts and MPs asked about the availability of a glass door but they are all gone. The Cool news is support at VG got back to me rightaway with an email letting me know there was no charge for the Bamboo door as it was to replace the broken glass.

I already miss using my Volta for a Quick pick-me-up every few hours, can't wait for it to be back in service. Peace All.

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
My thanks to Dan from Vapor Genie for taking the time to speak with us. Putting the final touches on the podcast and I'll reply here with the link and some hi-res photos of some of the enhancements made since the last version.
sxpqmsr.jpg

New etched bamboo lid and purple silicon battery caps, phosphor bronze(almost pure copper) button.

xyHTYDV.gif

Paired with a water adapter, works quite well on the Mobius.

Speaking on the improvements:
  1. The two battery lights for 'engaged' and 'low power' solve the issue for color blind users. Note: I ran the power down to clarify, both separate Red and Green lights will engage when power is low. Or simply 1 light good 2 lights re-charge.
  2. The cut of the bamboo lid is much cleaner/ finished. Allows you to see the lights without any obstruction. The VG logo on the lid is subtle yet stylish.
  3. The screen works perfectly and I haven't had any herbs passing through the air stream.
  4. The batteries now come with power indication stickers, purple battery caps and a protective plastic storage case.
  5. The mica insulators work well, but dont fully cover the wood behind the heating coils. They do cover 95% of the wood and for my needs I didn't find much issue. But to be objective, I have still noticed a slight amount of charring.
  6. The price drop is always welcomed and a smart move having saved the money on swapping out the former glass lid.

A lot of comparisons could be made between this device and the MFLB. But given my preference for higher heat output in shorter duration I prefer the Volta. I require at least two trenches off the MFLB due to a higher tolerance. Not only is this time consuming, but I'm almost assured to drain an entire glyph battery per session. With the batteries on the Volta I can expect something like 25-30 good draws off a single battery. And I typically only take 5-7 draws per session.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Thanx @S1N3, great update.
I haven't been using my volta a whole lot but I wanted to say something about the Bamboo lid.
I Like it. The Glass looked really good when the Volta was clean, If it was only a showpiece the glass would be a must but for function over form the Bamboo wins hands down. The Glass would get very hot after two or more trenches the wood doesn't, also it adds to the durability of the Volta. No more paranoia dropping it into a kitbag or pocket with the batteries and a JyARz full of herb.

Over the last year I picked up a different Vape every 3 weeks or so. In the coming weeks I am planning on weeding it down to the few I will really use most, The Volta is already on the keeper list.

PEACE ALL.

RB.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Mine to Tweek, After a Latenight/Earlymorning couple of trenches I left the volta on the Patio table when I came out with coffee and fresh batteries in the morning I found a crack in the lid going side to side at the anchor post. It was the coldest night so far this year here though and was near freezing.

I'm blaming the weather or ACT of GOD for my broken glass.

Tweek

The only complaint about the bamboo my friend had, was that he could no longer see the vapor build up like the glass. He really enjoyed that part.

Tweek,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
For anyone interested here is a link to the Podcast with Dan from Vapor Genie , thanks again Dan it was a pleasure speaking with you. GL with butternaise, dont forget us haha.

Podcast Outline:

The Original Vapor Genie
The Glass Sherlock
The Vapor Genie Volta:

• Origin of the name.
  • User Feedback and BETA period.
  • Improvements – Mica , Screen , Battery Indicators.
  • Bamboo Lid Change details.
  • Volta inspiration. Aspects that set it apart from the competition.
  • Battery Details (Battery Capacity and typical amount of draws).
  • Conduction Vaporizer and usage tips (Quasi Convection via shaking).
  • Details on the engaging button.
  • Growing pains of designing a new product.
  • Details on the heating element. And heating range.
  • Thoughts on exotic woods?
  • Details on the Volta’s marketing campaign.
Questions for Dan:
  • What types of vaporizers does Dan use?
  • What new additions does Vapor Genie have in store for 2014?
  • Experience with patents.
  • Views on the industry as a whole.
  • The companys origins and the Vapor Genie team.
  • Whats the companys most popular unit?
Advice to new owners of the original and Volta units.
Battery warnings and proper care.
Modular Design.
Warranty Questions.
Volta Capacity Discussion.
Cleaning the Heating Element.
Typical user for this type of vaporizer…

Images of the new bamboo lid, mica insulators and screens:

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

Pcpvapors

Im so tempted! Now would vaporizing herbs that need say 220 degrees farenheight or even closer to 300 be possible assuming correct technique?

Pcpvapors,

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
Jason from VaporGenie here. Wanted to let you know we posted 2 new videos on the Volta today.

I also created a google docs version of the Volta User Guide. You can now leave public comments via google docs if you like. We are always trying to improve the Volta User Guide and we encourage you to leave feedback.

We really appreciate all the feedback and insight from the FC community on the Volta!

llamaman001

would have been nice to have seen some vapor but still excellent videos!! thanks vapor genie!

llamaman001,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
it's back on stock Vapordule!

here is my review of the Volta 2.0 if somebody is interested in reading one.
Definitely a nice little vaporizer for a very fair price.

mrweed,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Still using my volta on nearly a daily basis. I like this little piece of wood a lot and the more I use it the more I like it.

I don't understand the silence in this thread as the Volta does Roar like a beast if you let it.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Still using my volta on nearly a daily basis. I like this little piece of wood a lot and the more I use it the more I like it.

I don't understand the silence in this thread as the Volta does Roar like a beast if you let it.

Idk, the MFLB gets tons of love and this seems like a high powered cheaper version of it, on top of that its made by the guys who make the genies which are pretty popular.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Yeah I've read some negative reviews from people who obviously didn't use it enough to get the jest of this thing. Now with some time using it I find it fun, tasty and economical.

I learned I can get huge flavor sans clouds with very little effort all I have to do is remember to only power on for 5 seconds more or less and shake stretching the load out for 20 hits.

Or I can power through a session powering on for 10-15 seconds at the expense of great taste after the first two hits and get those high temp goodies faster.

The battery life with the supplied batteries will be fine for most people that don't vape all day every day and they charge fast like in 40 minutes.

Once I got the hang of it the volta pretty much replaced my mflb and flashvape as the go-to 'take a hit and walk away' one hit kinda vape that sits on the patio ready to go. I think it's a good second vape for anyone who only owns a session style vaporizer and wants a vape on the desk or end table to pull off a quick hit.

At less then $100 bucks, it's a steal in my book.

RUDE BOY,

aKa

Hey Volta owners,

I recently aquired a Volta and I'm starting to get the hang of it. But I find the Mica strips a bit annoying when I want to quickly flick the metal conductor to clean the device. Is removing them (permanently) a big deal ? How bad is the scorching of the wood without them ?

aKa,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hey Volta owners,

I recently aquired a Volta and I'm starting to get the hang of it. But I find the Mica strips a bit annoying when I want to quickly flick the metal conductor to clean the device. Is removing them (permanently) a big deal ? How bad is the scorching of the wood without them ?

In mine, which hasn't been heavily used, there are only two faint marks. The scorch marks appear gradually so you can remove the mica and observe. You can always put them back if the marking starts to bother you.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom