Volcano users, which whip vape to complement ?

titi

Hello Everybody,

I'm a first time poster and glad to be part of the FC community. I would like to get some advice from you, especially from the volcano users.

End of 2011, I bought a MFLB but wasn't really convinced and barely used it. After 10 years of combustion, this tool wasn't good enough to satisfy my needs. Big disappointment about the vapor area. 2012 was a 100% combustion year as I thought vaping wasn't for me. Beginning of 2013, I felt the need to reduce/stop smoking and came back on the vaporizer topic and bought the Volcano Classic.

After 6 months of use, I can say the volcano is a good unit. The quality and the quantity of vapor delivered are nice (nothing comparable with the MFLB). In term of high, the volcano is performing good and I never want to smoke after a good session.

However, it is not perfect :
- The bags are crakeling (I'm in europe so no silent turkey bags) and as I use a mini bong to water filter the vapor, that makes the whole thing quite noisy. My girlfriend is complaining during a movie for example.
- It takes long to get me really high. I need 3 balloons (0,8 m) with 0,3g and the th between 6 and 7,5. It takes me about 1 hour to inhale this quantity of vapor and around 1h30 to get the full effect of my dose. So if it's late, I'd rather go for a joint because with combustion, the effects are fully there after 5-10 minutes.

Those cons are not always a problem for me, that's why I'll keep my volcano and never thought about selling it.

As I'm at the moment 50% vaping and 50% combusting, I'd like to buy a complementary vaporizer to bring diversity, a new user experience and cover the needs the volcano doesn't in order to get rid of the joints.
So, I'm looking for a vaporizer which :
- has a whip and is silent
- gets me high faster than the volcano
- produce a good amount of visible vapor

I'm not so attracted by the Arizer (Tower & EQ). The cloud is a bit too expensive for me. The plenty looks like a toy. So I'm currently looking at the SSV (apparently a big hitter) or the Aromed 4.0 (that I could get used for 220€). Is the water filtration in the aromed noisy ?

What would be your advice ?

Thanks for your help !

Titi

lost nebula

Always Vaping
I'm in the same situation as you and I'm about to pull the trigger on the SSV. It gives big hits in a relatively small desktop platform and I'm hoping the smaller bowl will help me conserve a little better.

I may be a bit bias but SSV all the way.

lost nebula,
Reactions: Tweek

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Look at the Cloud, Da Buddha, SSV etc. Also, if you still have your MFLB you might want to try buying a set of their new and improved batteries. Might revive your MFLB and give you the high you want on-the-go, they're pretty powerful batteries.

TwztedVaper,

Tweek

Grab a DBV or SSV (7th floor products). I used my SSV for a long time alongside my Volcano..and I much preferred it.

I know some folks are also happy with the Vapor Brothers box unit, but I have never tried.

Tweek,
Reactions: grokit

titi

Thanks for the advices.

I already went for the Aromed as I got a used one pretty cheap price. This vaporizer is really appreciated for its taste and the quality of the vapor. We'll see !

However, I think that the hits on the SSV are stronger and fitting better to the joint smokers. I still keep an eye on it. If I enjoy the whip style better than the balloons, I'd probably sell my volcano to get a SSV.

At the moment the SSV isn't easily available in Europe because of a norm issue. I can't find any info on when they'll be certified. It is still findable on some websites but with a restricted choice of colors and accessories. That's a bit sad as the customization is a nice point of the SSV.

titi,
Top Bottom