Volcano smells of cigarettes

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Hi all, not sure whether to post this in the Volcano thread but it is more of a general question. I just bought a second hand Volcano and it stinks of cigarette smoke. I am 99% sure it's not been used for tobacco but has just been in a smoker's house. Luckily it is not really affecting the flavour of my weed but it does just smell in the room, if that make sense. Can anyone think of any way to get rid of the smell or will it just fade over time? I wondered if I bought a good air neutralizer spray and sprayed the room heavily with the Volcano fan on (no heat) that might do it?

justcametomind

Hi all, not sure whether to post this in the Volcano thread but it is more of a general question. I just bought a second hand Volcano and it stinks of cigarette smoke. I am 99% sure it's not been used for tobacco but has just been in a smoker's house. Luckily it is not really affecting the flavour of my weed but it does just smell in the room, if that make sense. Can anyone think of any way to get rid of the smell or will it just fade over time? I wondered if I bought a good air neutralizer spray and sprayed the room heavily with the Volcano fan on (no heat) that might do it?
Have you thought of just cleaning the outside of it with alcohol?
I hope think the air filter has not been affected unless they smoked purposefully all over it while inflating bags, or chain smoked in a very small Volcano room xD
It reminds me of some FCer who bought a second hand Vapbong just to discover the previous owner used to actually smoke herb out of it, raising the temperature to combustion. At least that it not possible using a Volcano.

Last edited:

Hippie

I'd give it a good clean as said ^^^
And put it in a box with an open jar of bicarb (or a commercial odour absorber) overnight for a week or so.
If you store the Cano in the "bicarb box" whenever it's not in use it should contain the stink and speed things up a little.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Thanks all, I have changed the filter and gave it a really good clean on the outside and it has helped a bit, there is still a faint smell of cigarettes but I have had 2 days of use now and I think the smell is fading. Putting in a box with bicarb is a great idea though, if it is still bad in a few days, I'll give that a go!!

MegaMan2k

GREAT idea putting it in a box with bicarb. im saving that one for later use :D

Is it far fetch to think that if the volcano has been used in a cigerette smoking room the cigarette smoke might get pulled into the internals when the machine is in use? (sucking in tobacco-contaminated air to fill bags )

Maybe take it apart and give it an internal clean if the problem persists even after trying the bicarb box

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: vapirtoo

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
GREAT idea putting it in a box with bicarb. im saving that one for later use :D

Is it far fetch to think that if the volcano has been used in a cigerette smoking room the cigarette smoke might get pulled into the internals when the machine is in use? (sucking in tobacco-contaminated air to fill bags )

Maybe take it apart and give it an internal clean if the problem persists even after trying the bicarb box
Yes, this is exactly what I think happened, it's just been in a smoky room. It could probably do with a clean inside but I am too scared to take it apart!!

trevytrev,
Top Bottom