Volcano Easy Valve Efficiency Adaptor

EverythingsHazy

It has come to my attention that the Volcano Easy Valve chambers tend to go through significantly more bud than some other vaporizers like the E-Nano (of course logs are known for efficiency).

Is there any way to modify the chamber, so that the vapor can be denser with less bud?

I love how easy it is to use the Volcano, and how there is next to no draw resistance, with bags, but going through 1.5-2x as much bud is painful.

If there isn't already something in existance, would any of you 3d printer people be able to make an insert or something that would limit the size of the chamber? It would likely have to be metal or some sort of heat resistant plastic like the rest of the chamber,

EverythingsHazy,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was always a solid valve guy myself, but I don't think you'll really be able to coax dense vapor out of log-sized loads in a Volcano. Best thing I can think of is maybe trying a smaller bag, at least it might appear less diluted.

Used to love the heck out of the Volcano when I could get popcorn nugs, many growers used to give away their trim/smalls back in the day because they didn't know what to do with it, the smalls were perfect for the volcano. I could definitely see it being expensive to operate with modern dispensary prices.

invertedisdead,

EverythingsHazy

Well, looks like there's an option! https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/parts-accessories/filling-chamber-with-reducer
03-06-e-01.png

Thanks for the link! I had no idea they had one for the Volcano Digit, that lets you use the dosing capsules! That's awesome! Hopefully, it's a bit more efficient, because the bags are great for a quick session.
I was always a solid valve guy myself, but I don't think you'll really be able to coax dense vapor out of log-sized loads in a Volcano. Best thing I can think of is maybe trying a smaller bag, at least it might appear less diluted.

Used to love the heck out of the Volcano when I could get popcorn nugs, many growers used to give away their trim/smalls back in the day because they didn't know what to do with it, the smalls were perfect for the volcano. I could definitely see it being expensive to operate with modern dispensary prices.
What did you prefer about the solid valve?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What did you prefer about the solid valve?

Honestly nothing, mines just really old so that's the only valve I've ever owned. Truthfully it has too many parts. I was once given one of those knock off volcano (Tornado or something lol?) with an EZ valve type but it surprisingly did not pair with my Volcano.

If I recall the filling capacity is even larger on the solid valve then the easy valve though, which isn't really what you're looking for. I used to really want an easy valve to rig up a fan-assisted whip though!

That part you linked above looked like it should do the trick! I was gonna say the other day, the problem with just sticking a capsule in the valve as-is would be the air taking the path of least resistance and going around the capsule causing dilution, the design above looks like it forces air through the capsule which should do the job proper!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I like to give the filling chamber a good heat soak on top when using the reducer. That'll help thicken up the bags. Add some kief to a load to get a bag that's close to the big chamber in strength.

justcametomind

It has come to my attention that the Volcano Easy Valve chambers tend to go through significantly more bud than some other vaporizers like the E-Nano (of course logs are known for efficiency).

Is there any way to modify the chamber, so that the vapor can be denser with less bud?

I love how easy it is to use the Volcano, and how there is next to no draw resistance, with bags, but going through 1.5-2x as much bud is painful.

If there isn't already something in existance, would any of you 3d printer people be able to make an insert or something that would limit the size of the chamber? It would likely have to be metal or some sort of heat resistant plastic like the rest of the chamber,
ime the capsule reducer isn't any different than the usual chamber.
I'd consider putting the unit upside down to see if there's particulate on the inside and if your unit is quite used/old consider giving a good cleaning on the inside, particulate accumulation after years of use affects fan performance, that may be the culprit.
I don't mind wispy vapor, so I use XL bags all the time, if you have one, at least for the time being you could use one of those, so you'll extend the time of extraction (or just inflate 2 bags).

EverythingsHazy

Honestly nothing, mines just really old so that's the only valve I've ever owned. Truthfully it has too many parts. I was once given one of those knock off volcano (Tornado or something lol?) with an EZ valve type but it surprisingly did not pair with my Volcano.

If I recall the filling capacity is even larger on the solid valve then the easy valve though, which isn't really what you're looking for. I used to really want an easy valve to rig up a fan-assisted whip though!

That part you linked above looked like it should do the trick! I was gonna say the other day, the problem with just sticking a capsule in the valve as-is would be the air taking the path of least resistance and going around the capsule causing dilution, the design above looks like it forces air through the capsule which should do the job proper!
They should just switch to including Easy Valves instead of the solid valve, or at least offering the option. That chamber reducer does look like what I was hoping to find.
I like to give the filling chamber a good heat soak on top when using the reducer. That'll help thicken up the bags. Add some kief to a load to get a bag that's close to the big chamber in strength.
Interesting... I can see that helping out, because sometimes, letting the air run for 1-3 seconds before connecting the bag, has a similar effect.
ime the capsule reducer isn't any different than the usual chamber.
I'd consider putting the unit upside down to see if there's particulate on the inside and if your unit is quite used/old consider giving a good cleaning on the inside, particulate accumulation after years of use affects fan performance, that may be the culprit.
I don't mind wispy vapor, so I use XL bags all the time, if you have one, at least for the time being you could use one of those, so you'll extend the time of extraction (or just inflate 2 bags).
I hadn't considered the fact that filling a larger bag means the chamber stays at its max temperature for the longest amount of time.

I'm surprised to hear that it didn't work for you. It seems like it would, given the concept. One benefit it has, even if it doesn't increase vapor density or efficiency, is the ability to swap dosing capsules easily, and to preload a few with measured doses.

Top Bottom