Volcano App will not connect.

JamieJ45

I am having problems with the Storz and Bickel Android app. I bought this phone just to use the Storz and Bickel app since my iphone can't get an app and can only use the web based app. The phone app will NOT connect to my Volcano. ( I can connect fine using the web based app.) When I press the phone app's connect button I get the following message: "Location permission required. For a smooth Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and your device, the app needs your permission to use the tracking services. Use the location services exclusively for this purpose." I checked to make sure that location services were enabled on my phone and that the Storz and Bickel app had app level permissions turned on. They were and I still had the problem. So then I did the following: 1)reset the Volcano by holding down the heat button for 10 seconds and then unplugged it. 2) turned Wifi and bluetooth off on my phone 3) powered the phone off 4) repowered the phone on 5) turned phone bluetooth on while Wifi was still off on the phone. These steps did not help. I am using a new LG Rebel 4, Android Version 8.1.0. It has Bluetooth Wireless Version 4.2 and supports the following Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, DI, GATT, GAVDP, HDP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SPP. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still unable to connect. What should I try next?

JamieJ45,
  • Wow
Reactions: arb

blackstone

I couldn't get a slightly older Samsung device to connect properly, but when I borrowed someone's Huawai phone it ran it all perfectly and for the Crafty+ too.
IME some devices will work, some won't but getting one that won't work to change it's ways is something I have no experience with!
Here are some suggestions they gave me for the Crafty+ a good while back that I just copied to here from an email, in case there is a step you've overlooked.
Maybe there is some newer steps or information now, as this is from an old email:

First of all please reset the CRAFTY+ by pressing the on-button for 10 seconds.

Then please try the following steps to establish a connection:

Switch off CRAFTY+ for 5 minutes or more.

Set off WLAN/Wi-Fi on your Smartphone.

Switch off Bluetooth on your Smartphone.

Switch off Smartphone and restart (with Wlan switched off).

Switch on Bluetooth (with Wlan switched off).

Open Storz & Bickel App, switch on CRAFTY+to connect.

Please assure that no other BT device is connected to your smart phone.

If the serial number of your CRAFTY+ consists of letters and numbers, please try typing the big letter O instead of the number 0 and the other way around.

Furthermore, please make sure that the CRAFTY+ is in range of your smartphone as well as that it´s turned on.

For a smooth connection between the app and the vaporizer, Android 6 and higher requires your permission to use the location services.

The use of location services is used exclusively for this purpose.

This is a default of Android. We would like to emphasize again that we have no influence on this situation.

We would ask you to reinstall the app if necessary and turn on the location in the settings of your smartphone.

Information on this can be found on the Android developer page under the chapter "Access to hardware identifier":

If there are still issues or any further questions, please contact us again and let us know the following things:

The serial number of your device,
Where you are located
What type of smartphone you are using (and operating system).

Kind regards,

Vertrieb / Sales

sb

JamieJ45

Thanks for the info. I finally got it to connect using the android app by setting the Location Mode to "High accuracy". (You get to location mode via Settings. )

Top Bottom