• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vleaf go vs Xmax v3 pro

Old_muel

Need help deciding between these two, just finished reading both threads & seemed nobody did any good comparisons for fear of rulebreaking:hmm:. Background here is all my portables have recently died on me (og milaana, og grasshopper, og tubo & og pipes IH) & I've been reduced to Dyna + torch & my DC elev8r, which are fine for inside but seems I'm well in need of a new portable for out n about usage. I'm usually more picky especially materials-wise but am strapped for cash ATM & wanting something now & these 2 are easy to get locally (Aus), & both cheap & basically the same price. Bit dubious on the kanthal in the Xmax heater & the silicone in the Vleaf mouthpiece plus aluminium bowl & wondering mainly about taste differences/purity of taste & if there's any health/safety concerns with either. Also wondering about vapour density/satisfaction of hits, seems the vleaf does fine there but can Xmax compete or is it more of just a sipper? I microdose mainly & have low tolerance ATM but do enjoy a thick rip & don't really mind relatively hot vapour (always used hopper native for eg) & would be using mostly native. Replaceable battery is a big plus for the Xmax & nearly settles it on that point alone but it has to give good rips for on demand(ish at least) style usage & not just be a pissweak session sipper if ya know what I mean. Would appreciate any help/insight & if anyone that has both wants to do a bit of a comparison that'd be great too. Thanks heaps legends!

Petetbay

Need help deciding between these two, just finished reading both threads & seemed nobody did any good comparisons for fear of rulebreaking:hmm:. Background here is all my portables have recently died on me (og milaana, og grasshopper, og tubo & og pipes IH) & I've been reduced to Dyna + torch & my DC elev8r, which are fine for inside but seems I'm well in need of a new portable for out n about usage. I'm usually more picky especially materials-wise but am strapped for cash ATM & wanting something now & these 2 are easy to get locally (Aus), & both cheap & basically the same price. Bit dubious on the kanthal in the Xmax heater & the silicone in the Vleaf mouthpiece plus aluminium bowl & wondering mainly about taste differences/purity of taste & if there's any health/safety concerns with either. Also wondering about vapour density/satisfaction of hits, seems the vleaf does fine there but can Xmax compete or is it more of just a sipper? I microdose mainly & have low tolerance ATM but do enjoy a thick rip & don't really mind relatively hot vapour (always used hopper native for eg) & would be using mostly native. Replaceable battery is a big plus for the Xmax & nearly settles it on that point alone but it has to give good rips for on demand(ish at least) style usage & not just be a pissweak session sipper if ya know what I mean. Would appreciate any help/insight & if anyone that has both wants to do a bit of a comparison that'd be great too. Thanks heaps legends!
I’ll bite. I have both and they are very different. The Go is a true microdoser, but a cheap and I would say primitive device. It probably uses some kind of ecig chip that gives it the needed safeguards, but there is no temp readings from the heater that looks like a folded piece of tin that goes red hot giving mega heat. On high heat it easily combusts herb(454F) when you push it and even hash which has a higher combustion temp. So it does produce a lot of instant heat for on-demand. It is also is a throwaway device.
The V3Pro is a more sophisticated device and not really a microdoser, though if you use the capsules you’re getting there. It has better taste and I’d compare more to the Rogue than the Go, more like a Rogue little brother. Also you will never combust as the heater temp is monitored and maxes out at 428F. It can be a session sipper and at low temp gives excellent taste, but you pull hard it can blow clouds. Last thing is replaceable battery, that it will last not just 18months, but probably forever and having multiple Xvape/Xmax devices have realized they are hard to kill off.
You can buy 2 Go’s for the price of one V3Pro so it has that in its favor, but I’d still go for the V3Pro. That said
people are different and not everyone wants the same thing from their device and the Go does produce some nice quick on-demand pulls.

Improvaper

I have both. I actually beta tested for the Vleaf Go. I feel the V3 Pro has everything I wanted Vivant to include in the Vleaf Go. I find the native vapor to be a lot less harsh and the mouthpiece doesn't get hot on the V3. I get more consistent performance overall with the Xmax. It's definitely my new budget recommendation.

Petetbay

mouthpiece doesn't get hot on the V3.
Yeah I forgot about the Go’s hot mp, mine has been modified with 2 glass nipple stems to make it usable otherwise with the stock mp I wouldn’t use it as it’s too hot for my liking. I usually use it for hash and keif so run it very hot and the need for extra cooling is a must for me.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I haven’t read the whole V3 Pro thread yet, but does it have glowing kanthal in the heater too?

I use metal heaters, but I try to avoid heating them to that level, and if I recommend stuff like this to people I’d like to let them know know if they glow.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I haven’t read the whole V3 Pro thread yet, but does it have glowing kanthal in the heater too?

I use metal heaters, but I try to avoid heating them to that level, and if I recommend stuff like this to people I’d like to let them know know if they glow.

Not sure on the V3 but the Vivant uses a "medical grade" stainless steel 316 heater.

Not a fan of glowing elements myself though.

Petetbay

I believe it is kanthal in the V3 and pretty sure it doesn’t glow because it doesn’t get hot enough, but some people believe they are sensitive to it in the heat/air path and it has been discussed.
My tin remark on the Go heater is a joke, the maker would only use materials proper for use. It just looks cheap and like something I would make at home.

Improvaper

I'd honestly pay double for the V3 Pro over the Vleaf Go. It's superlative in every possible way and would be well worth considering even if it cost 50% more than it does, IMO. I'm trying not to gush over the thing, but I'm being honest here. It's an incredible value.

Petetbay

I'd honestly pay double for the V3 Pro over the Vleaf Go. It's superlative in every possible way and would be well worth considering even if it cost 50% more than it does, IMO. I'm trying not to gush over the thing, but I'm being honest here. It's an incredible value.
Agree, here the Go goes for $40CDN and the V3 $99CDN, I feel these prices are equal to their proper value.

Old_muel

Thanks heaps for the input guys going with the V3 pro bout to order now, the extra power of the GO is tempting but the V3 pro seems the right choice, specially at basically the same price (here in Aus). Prolly grab a GO to see what it's like down the track when I got some disposable magic tokens to play with & they might even do a V2 by then but for now Xmax it is, should serve me nicely! Cheers:cheers:

Top Bottom