VIVANT MAGNETO

Vivant

Manufacturer
VIVANT releases a new 510-thread battery called VIVANT MAGNETO.
VIVANT-MAGNETO_900x.jpg

STEALTH AND STYLISH 510 BATTERY

Introducing the next level of vaping technology, VIVANT MAGNETO 510 thread battery with a hidden cartridge inside by magnetic connection. This innovative device offers a sleek and stealthy design, featuring a hidden cartridge compartment that magnetically attaches to the battery.

Features
  • Hidden Cartridge
  • 510 Thread Battery
  • Magnetic Connection
  • Auto Draw

Product Specifications​

• Size:110*23*15mm
  • Battery Capacity:320mAh
  • Voltage: Constant voltage 3.6V
  • Diameter for atomizer: 11.5mm
  • Charging port: Type-C
  • Resistance: <0.8Ω
  • Charging protection: Supports a maximum of 25W quick-charge protection
  • Product weight: 26g

biohacker

@Vivant who did you consult on the design of this? Auto draw without a power button? Is there a preheat? USB-C?

And only a static 3.6v? You've just excluded a massive amount of potential customers.

Also Yocan already used the model "Magneto" so there may be some issues there. Then again, I think there are like three different "Crickets" so probably not a big deal lol

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Auto draw without a power button? Is there a preheat? USB-C?

And only a static 3.6v?

I just got mine Thanks @Vivant! (although you also accidentally sent me @Adobewan's too) however if these are indeed the specs, I'm sorry but I don't plan to use them... I thought you were addressing my feedback from your last 510 battery, that you would include a lower setting, and remove the auto draw or at least find a way to turn it off???

Adobewan

I just got mine Thanks @Vivant! (although you also accidentally sent me @Adobewan's too) however if these are indeed the specs, I'm sorry but I don't plan to use them... I thought you were addressing my feedback from your last 510 battery, that you would include a lower setting, and remove the auto draw or at least find a way to turn it off???
Cool! Let me know how I like it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Got it three days ago. Its sleek, lightweight and simple to use. It's so simple I didn't need any instructions, which is good because I didn't get any.

PICTURES FOLLOW NARRATIVE

Here's what you need to know:
- There is one blue light that circles the top of the cap that inserts into the bottom of the longer body. Charging the battery and that blue light blinks till the battery is fully charged and then it turns off. When I received it the first thing I did was try to charge it and the light didn't blink so I thought it might be defective. Used it a couple times and tried to charge it again and this time the blue light came on. It must have been fully charged coming through the door.
- Just screw the cart into that bottom cap and slide the cap into the bottom and the magnet will grab it and hold it TIGHT. I tested a .5g cart and its taller brother the 1g cart. Both worked.
- Take a draw and the blue light goes on until you stop drawing and then it goes off. I like that the light is easily viewable when you're drawing because I find myself struggling to see what the lights are doing on the Vault SE sometimes.

I get that some don't like the auto-draw but my wife and I do when it works the way it should and the cart doesn't clog. When we first tried out the Magneto my wife had just taken a couple draws off a cart in the Vault. I put that same cart into the Magneto and when she tried it out she said "This one is less harsh". I tried it myself and it is less harsh. My theory is that the Magneto allows some air into the draw which in turn limits the vapor thickness and cools the hit. Try it yourself and let me know if I'm nuts....wait... let me rephrase that... just let me know if you get the same result. The Vault can choke me out with huge clouds but the Magneto doesn't hit that thick for me and I like it that way.

I would have preferred something that allows the voltage to be dialed in, has an auto-draw and a manual draw but I ran into an emergency dinner invitation and the only portable charged and ready was the Magneto and it did great because I could just huff it and not cough up a lung.

It does a nice job sitting straight up in a pocket or purse so the oil in the cart stays at the bottom of the cart BUT when its just standing tall on a table it does feel like its going to fall over even though its bottom heavy.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
See, I like the design of this as well. It's damn pretty, and I like the way the cart attaches to the bottom piece and that everything clicks together. I also suspect that the small amount of extra vapor path between the tip of the cartridge and your lips probably adds more cooling effect than we may realize. And I like that!

It's pretty, but I just can't without more/wider control of the heat level (I would love to be able to control that with an app on my phone, to eliminate the need for a screen or indicator for that on the device) and without being able to use it without auto-draw. I don't think I really ever want another auto draw battery again. They just don't work with my preferred draw style. I prefer to start the heat about a half a second before I start my draw, and to end the heat at least a second before I finish my draw. This seems to create the best draw for me as well as preserving the cartridge to the last drop the best for me.

someTooL

Received a tester unit also. Can confirm no manual button draw or temp settings. Can also confirm that the design is super nice. Very discreet and concealable. This will be a lot better taking through airport security, not that I had a problem with the Vault SE just more like a nic battery.

Although very new to me, I haven’t missed the temp setting or manual fire button. TBH in over 4 years of using another auto drawl device I’ve never had an issue.

The cap feature and how it seals is my biggest concern. Seems like it would get pretty sticky where the cart mp matches up to the device cap. Maybe just a quick qtip to clean…will cross that bridge later lol

someTooL

Was finally able to put the magneto to work this past week. Had a nice rosin cart all ready for vacation…and the usual necessities too.

Well…most definitely cannot recommend.

No matter how I puffed or pulled I could not get a good hit. Too much air from the cart to the cap. Full deep 30 second inhales could not produce more then misty short exhalations.

Charging is either a safety feature or defective too. I could not top off during use but rather had to wait until the unit reached a certain level before it would start taking a charge. No level indicator to check either.

The design is super for a carry unit. Wish it was worth carrying. Sorry Vivant.

floribud

Someone mentioned airport security. I've now been through about 6 times with this bad boy. Anyway works really well with high terpene CDT distillate. Been using it with Evolabs Alchemy and it has surprisingly good flavor for a device listed as running at 3.6 volts. As expected doesn't work well with rosin (kills the flavor), but seems really good for distillate... also used with Evolabs CO2lors, fruit flavored vapes and it also works nicely. The magnetic cap seems to provide nice cooling, but still, at 3.6 volts, do 3 long hits in a row and your flavor and throat will suffer. However it's great for a quick hit with a bit of a break before the next one.

someTooL

$10 sale.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
$10 sale.

Still not worth it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
No matter how I puffed or pulled I could not get a good hit. Too much air from the cart to the cap. Full deep 30 second inhales could not produce more then misty short exhalations.

Yeah. That seems super odd considering the 3.6V you mentioned it ran at.
I usually start around 2.4 on a new cart, and end up to 2.8 or sometimes 3.0 at the most by the end of the cart.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom