VIsiting Washington, DC. Any tips?

Hwy420

Hi,

I'm going to Washington, DC, and of course I'm going to enjoy some legal stuff there. Is there anything I need to know before I buy cannabis there? is it available to everyone? I'm interested in edibles/tinctures/capsules — anything to digest (I'm not going to light up in the hotel!). Waiting for your helpful advice :)

Hwy420,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't live in WA D.C. I live in WA state.
In the District of Columbia, cannabis is legal for recreational and medical uses, but is barred from commercial sale. Though the drug was fully legalized in the District following a 2014 ballot referendum, the United States Congress exercises oversight over the government of the District of Columbia, preventing the local government from regulating cannabis sales like other jurisdictions with authority derived from a U.S. state.

Sorry to rain on your parade. You would need to go to Colorado, Oregon, Washington state or Nevada for legal weed. It's probably pretty easy to come by in the black market. Check on Facebook. Go to a bar and ask around.

Last edited:

Baron23

I don't live in WA D.C. I live in WA state.
In the District of Columbia, cannabis is legal for recreational and medical uses, but is barred from commercial sale. Though the drug was fully legalized in the District following a 2014 ballot referendum, the United States Congress exercises oversight over the government of the District of Columbia, preventing the local government from regulating cannabis sales like other jurisdictions with authority derived from a U.S. state.

Sorry to rain on your parade. You would need to go to Colorado, Oregon, Washington state or Nevada for legal weed. It's probably pretty easy to come by in the black market. Check on Facebook. Go to a bar and ask around.
I live in Bethesda area, right outside of the District. @CarolKing has it right, Fed Congress has enjoined the District from spending a single sou on regulating the market, hence there is no market.

You can grow for yourself, you can give it away, you can't sell it legally. There is a Med MJ program with dispensaries, but the District does not offer reciprocity at this time.

So, what happens in DC a lot is donate and gift. I donate to the Church of You and in return you gift me some herb or concentrate. Done every day, lots of folks doing it, I'm 64 and not comfortable meeting strangers off the street for deal but these guys deliver and will probably deliver to your hotel.

But if interested, check out Craig's List

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=marijuana&s=66

Baron23,
Top Bottom