• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Visiting family without a vape? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey everyone. I'm visiting my family in California, leaving from Florida, and will not be able to bring a vape with me...Which is very unfortunate!
I'm nervous to have to go back to smoking when I get to California...Even if it is just for a few days. I'll be in Canyon Lake, which appears to be between San Diego and LA. If anyone is in the area and could lend a vape, vape with me, or recommend a cheap butane vape that I could get in Cali, all would be great.
I know the VG can be cheap, but if I can't get something for about $20 then I can't justify it for just a few days and will probably just accept having to smoke. Bummer
Let me know any tips you guys might have!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I agree, but to go coast to coast, to "stoner paradise" and then not partake would be a difficult/disappointing task.
May consider it though!
I would just be around it a lot because of my bro and a friend we met up there, which would make it even more difficult lol.

Edit: and @Ratchett
That was originally my plan, but doesn't the new law make it a requirement to have "E-Cigs" be carried on with you? I can't have my bag be checked while going through security with family. If I was flying alone, this could be an option, but I really don't want to be stopped and have my device tested, despite knowing I would be okay to do so.

Last edited:

j-bug

Personal vaporizers and e-cigs need to be in your carryon is how the TSA put it when I asked. They also didn't give a rats ass about my pax 2 just sitting in my purse or about the underdog in my laptop bag. I didn't need to take them out and wasn't subject to any additional security because of having them. I also didn't need to take them out of my carry on at any point and was flying out of a prohibition state heading to california. I'm real glad I brought my vapes with me cause the medical stuff here is way better than what passes for good stuff where I live.

Also if they were going to open your bag and test stuff you have the right to request it be done in a private screening area. If this would alarm your family you could always say you dont want them looking at your underthings or some other excuse.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
You could try an Ubie. They're so cheap I consider it a disposable. I bought two from PIU - one to learn with and another to take on a cruise and throw away just before the ship returns. They're listed at 14.99 but I think you could get them for way less. Of course you may look like a crack-head since they look like crack-pipes :rofl:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I don't think I'm allowed?
I'm not medically licensed for it. Idk how it works there.

AJS,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
California is still just a medical state. They will be voting in fall of 2016 for legal cannabis.

I would try bringing your Air and have them check your things in private. Pack your glass with tobacco. Vaporize some tobacco with it a day a head of time so it's just smells of that instead of cannabis. Then do the same right before coming back.

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Mail your Air, or any vape for that matter, to an accessible california address? Kind of a hassle, seeing as you'll probably have to mail it back. Only decent idea I have lol.

MinnBobber

God I'm a dumb ass today.... :doh: I was thinking Colorado.....

Sorry. I had a party last night and am not thinking clearly today. I hang my head in shame. :disgust:

We all wish Calif was a rec state now.
Hopefully momOTGs, you're clairvoyant today and were looking into the near future ;)

MinnBobber,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just smoked my first berl after not smoking for 6 months. Despite the wonderful Cali bud, I still disliked the whole process. End result still satisfying, and seeing the smoke was nice ... But damn, nowhere near the same.

Tommy10

Just smoked my first berl after not smoking for 6 months. Despite the wonderful Cali bud, I still disliked the whole process. End result still satisfying, and seeing the smoke was nice ... But damn, nowhere near the same.

Shit hey! Noticing the Beaty of the Vapman size staying with the super conservative grand parents for Christmas! Maybe try a make shift vape? J hook, screen and a jet lighter works well. Or a cheap vaponic or something from a shop? Even a vaporgenie if you don't already have one and post it back or gift it.
Even some glass tube similar to your bowl (reversed down stem works a charm) and a jet lighter and pretty impressivly vape a bowl.
If hip hop has taught me anything, it's that you should be able to find some sort of sweet puffs ice/crack pipe set up in Cali. With a bit of technique that can be fun too with vaping MJ.

hoptimum

Its probably too late now, but I bought some vapes pretty cheap on craigslist

hoptimum,
Reactions: AJS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom