Virtual Banquet Thread

Aizen-sama

Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division
@Aizen-Sama did u make this?
Yes indeed, my wife and I love to cook. I wouldn't mind if this became a combo pic and recipe thread, your food looks nice and I have recipes I still use from a similar thread on another forum.

Here's dinner from last night, tagliatelle with duck ragu and sauteed broccolini. The sauce is based off of this BBC recipe, except instead of braising for 45 I did it in a pressure cooker at high pressure for 10, quick release. Put the raisins in with the onions and fennel seeds. The duck skin was cut into thin strips and rendered in the pressure cooker before browning the duck in it as well as the broccolini (with some leftover for another use). It was drained after rendering on paper towels and sprinkled with some salt and pepper as an appetizer ("quacklings").

Marlon Rando

Yes @Aizen-sama by all means, looks delicious! Pressure cooker is great tool in the kitchen I should use mine more often. It's been hiding on the rack.. Speaking of duck, just finished a plate of fois Gras pate with assorted local cheese, soppresatta, and crackers, vino and a bowl of GSC. Perfect ending to the day my friend.
Always looking for good eats, share please.. Wish we could upload pics easier like on NFC.:tup::cheers:

Marlon Rando,
Reactions: Aizen-sama

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Coming across this recipe was a very welcome addition to my lineup but I've already thought about swapping the tomato paste for a whole head of roasted garlic...... might be interesting but I'm still perfecting the recipe to my taste with the tomato. The chef was right it really is like a warm hug from a Italian grandma but without all the perfume lol as much as I enjoy the taste I'm equally happy with how nutritious it is

Edit: unfortunately I'm the only one in my family that enjoys spicy food so I have to keep it tame ☹️

Aizen-sama

Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division
Edit: unfortunately I'm the only one in my family that enjoys spicy food so I have to keep it tame
The nice thing about that is you can always just add that to your own bowl. I have the same thing with my wife, she has no heat tolerance and I like spicy food. Just find a hot sauce that matches the flavor profile.:rockon:

Marlon Rando

Man I made mistake of ordering picosas red guajillo pepper sauce with my Enchiladas the other day, won't be doing that ever again lol, and I like spicy food.

Marlon Rando,
  • Haha
Reactions: BrianTL

Marlon Rando

Did a small party for the local residents in my area.
i had a few stations set up, Asian, cheese board, pasta is somewhere in there, and a Mexican if they wanted Quesdilla's.
Could not have pulled it off without help from my Girls!
photo_2021-06-10_12-47-13.jpgphoto_2021-06-10_12-47-17.jpgphoto_2021-06-10_12-52-03.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dinner: Atlantic Salmon, stuffed with fresh Cod and Surimi (imitation Crab). Served with Basmati Rice (topped with a mixed olive relish) and Collard Greens w/Garlic & Toasted Pepitas. Small Caesar on the side.
DSC07001.jpg

DSC07004.jpg

Vitolo,
Top Bottom