• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

very effective ABV infusion experiment

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm very pleased with the results, it's a powerful, effective, slow 3 day process with no smell.

Here's what I did: First, I set my convection oven to a little below 325F to warm for about a half hour (preparation time). Then...I mixed a half cup of ABV with a half cup of MCT oil into a mini slow cooker. Using a digital temperature controller set to 160F I let it run for one full day (about 24 hours) with occasional stirring along with a tablespoon of sunflower lecithin. There was zero smell emitted. Then I let it cool for several hours. From there I removed the inside bowl and covered it with a plastic sheet and placed in the refrigerator for 2 days to continue to infuse without heat. (a variant of the "hashmouf" approach).

I strained out the oil not with a cheesecloth but rather with a potato ricer. If you aren't familiar it's like a giant garlic press; it makes the straining task alot easier and more effective. I reclaimed the most possible oil by transferring the oil and ABV into the potato ricer in steps, not all at once, and then moving it around inside the potato ricer with a spoon.

From there I began to mix the oil into a homemade brownies recipe using organic cacao, organic all purpose flour, vanilla, 2 eggs, coconut sugar and a tiny bit of baking powder. It's a simple recipe I found online; I simply substituted cacao for cocoa powder. (I'll never buy a boxed brownies mix again; this is much much better.)

I let the brownies bake for 30 minutes and then into the freezer for a few hours.

I ate a small brownies last night and I was very high; it was the level of elevation that I was looking for.

And this ABV is at least one year old, but well stored.

The cost for this setup is about $45 for the mini slow cooker and the digital temperature controller - it's not very expensive.

It's only going to get better with fresher ABV or decarbed new bud.

Or both.

If you're not in a rush, if you're concerned about smell, if you don't want to spend close to 200 on a magical butter machine, etc., and/or if you happen to have these tools on hand, give this approach a shot - and let me know what you think and if you have any further tweaking suggestions.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i should have been more clear, the oven stays on for about one hour - a half hour for warmup, a half hour for baking...
these are the exact tools i use - i see the price has increased for the mini croc but there's nothing particularly special about this one -
same with the digital temp controller - price has increased but you can probably find a cheaper one with good reviews.

Last edited:
Top Bottom