Verdamper vs. Herborizer?

lennowitz

Hello :)

I want to get a new vaporizer after not being super happy with the volcano. I guess it's the way of inhaling with the balloons, I don't know.

I want to get something that hits fairly hard. I came across the Herborizer and Verdamper Luxury as my favourites. Now I have read some stuff about having to buy a different power supply, is that correct? Also, do I need some accessories, like for the herborizer, to smoke wax with it? Anyone here that tried both by any chance? :)

daoist

The herborizer has a special cocentrate glass you can put it on the heater. I cannot get concentrates over here so i could no tell you if it works. I just mix hasish or kief with flower if i ever want to spice it up.

there was a cool youtube show about heavy hitters. you might want to check it out:

daoist,
Reactions: Shadooz

Alexis

Hello :)

I want to get a new vaporizer after not being super happy with the volcano. I guess it's the way of inhaling with the balloons, I don't know.

I want to get something that hits fairly hard. I came across the Herborizer and Verdamper Luxury as my favourites. Now I have read some stuff about having to buy a different power supply, is that correct? Also, do I need some accessories, like for the herborizer, to smoke wax with it? Anyone here that tried both by any chance? :)
The Ti Herborizer is class. It stands on its own for what it offers indescribably smoother more comfortable vapour vs VD.

Nothing elevates quite like Verdamper though. Fortunately I don't actually need that kind of elevation these days. More like extra sandbags lol.

but...notable but. The Herborizer will never offer anywhere near the best concentrate experience.

For flower it's special. It performs with concentrates but very majorly in comparison to higher end concentrate set ups like a good quality email and banger would be superior for that purpose.

But it's flexible and options.

I am allergic to cannabis concentrates so my experience is very confined. I was hoping to switch permanently to rosin vaporization.

I wasn't anticipating my immune system rejecting the concentrate. I still have, unused since a 710 coil + bamger. I sold the controller.

I was going to hold onto it for DMT vaporization possibly at some point.

daoist

The Herborizer has a regular glass for the heater but you can switch to an enail-glass for concentrates.
I think if you buy the Ti "system" it comes with everything you need. But all the parts of the herborizer can be ordered seperately as well..

Only success i had with concentrates is put some gorilla hasish in the microdose capsules in my Mighty vaporizer..
Have you tried concentrates in your Volcano?(with the capsules).

I mostly just stack hash on top of some flower with my EQ or my herborizers, that seems to work the best. But it will never be a one-hit-whooper., you can get on a dab rig like the RIO.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Agreed with Daoist in terms of stacking concentrates on the flower. I do this all the time and love it both for the high and flavor. I'll put anything on flower: hash, rosin, resin, shatter, .... It's not the same as hitting a dab rig.

I've used the concentrate glass on the Herborizer and I like it. It's a different process that takes little figuring out. Still I prefer flower and so I just add the concentrate there. Only issue is the screen needs to be cleaned more often. Not a big deal for me.

D

madhockeydad,

lennowitz

Thanks for all your responses :) For now, I ordered the Herborizer DigiTi with nail. I hope the digital version is as good. I didn't find much about it at all. The verdamper is still on my watchlist tho, for sure.

I never really dabbed properly, so I guess adding the concentrate to some herb or carefully trying the nail will do. I'm also a bit scared that using the nail is gonna hit my lungs hard.

@daoist I did try hash with the volcano as well as concentrates with the designated oil pad. Now, I don't know if it was the volcano or the concentrate but the experience was alright. I guess I never liked the missing body high from the volcano. It felt light there was non at all, no matter what I used it with. Also, I couldn't inhale a balloon nice and fast as it messed with my sinusitis.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I do low temp dabs. I have the analog Ti. digiTi is the same - heats up faster, holds temp better, and precise control. Nail and other items are the same. Digital version the cord to the Ti nail is permanently attached while for the analog it's a plug version. The vapor production and quality will be the same.

For ease on the lungs - use a good water rig, try lower temps, and small amounts.

Alexis

Thanks for all your responses :) For now, I ordered the Herborizer DigiTi with nail. I hope the digital version is as good. I didn't find much about it at all. The verdamper is still on my watchlist tho, for sure.

I never really dabbed properly, so I guess adding the concentrate to some herb or carefully trying the nail will do. I'm also a bit scared that using the nail is gonna hit my lungs hard.

@daoist I did try hash with the volcano as well as concentrates with the designated oil pad. Now, I don't know if it was the volcano or the concentrate but the experience was alright. I guess I never liked the missing body high from the volcano. It felt light there was non at all, no matter what I used it with. Also, I couldn't inhale a balloon nice and fast as it messed with my sinusitis.
No need for hopes and no need for fears you have made I think the right choice I would have advised you probably better had I been in my mind more earlier I wasn't once again after taking a milligram of LSD.

I couldn't quite think earlier but I think you've made the perfect decision here having weighed things up there's absolutely nothing wrong with using the Ti as a concentrate device it will work and suffice and for flower you'll be in heaven really it's so much smoother than Verdamper that really it's not just pros and cons it's an alternative ride.

Basically what you have picked is an outstanding quality vaporiser you don't really want much better and if you wish to upgrade to a much more sophisticated concentrate set up down the line, But you have everything to plug and play.

Please if you remember let us know in a word or two how are you get on because this feedback is so useful to feed back into the collective experiential pool here.

Stopping myself there before I lose sense. But yeah definitely really hope it's is much more then you expect as I expect.

Texus

Great choice in the Herborizer, purist vape quality and best flavor of any vape I own. Stellar.

But if you are interested in dabbing concentrates (rather than a flower concentrate sandwich in a bowl, I'd suggest getting a dedicated concentrate rig. Love the RIO for this, with its great built in torch. But there is also the iSpire Wand (currently available for $130ish at @VGOODIEZ Black Friday Sale, and also killer with a Dynavap for flower), or the XMax Qomo or shortly forthcoming Daab.

For the price the Qomo is an excellent and shockingly small and portable e-rig. Even better now that they have a quartz atty instead of just the original ceramic. Also note that e-rigs with atomizers are going to have an ongoing cost for replacing atomizers as opposed to induction heater options (Wand, Daab, Switch) which do not necessitate this.

daoist

if he has the Ti "system" he already has a concentrate dab tool. With the dab tool glass on the heater the ti gets a lot hotter.
I cannot even buy dabs here., so i could not tell you if it works well or not, some people say the Ti is just not good with concentrates, other say it has a learning curve. But i would sure try it first. If you bought the ticket you gonna take the ride, you know.

daoist,

Texus

if he has the Ti "system" he already has a concentrate dab tool. With the dab tool glass on the heater the ti gets a lot hotter.
I cannot even buy dabs here., so i could not tell you if it works well or not, some people say the Ti is just not good with concentrates, other say it has a learning curve. But i would sure try it first. If you bought the ticket you gonna take the ride, you know.
Yeah. My comment was based on dabs not being the Ti strong suit.

Texus,

lennowitz

Short update as requested from Alexis:

So thanks to living in Germany, I could get the herborizer from verdampftnochmal in less than a day.

I still have to experiment a lot of course, but the first impression is very positive.

It is much stronger than the volcano, the vape tastes much better and it's nowhere near the dryness from balloons.

Also, effects feel like lasting almost as long as from smoking. More body high as well. This is all I wanted from a vaporizer.

Thanks to everyone again for the help.

Last edited:

justcametomind

I don't know if you already got the concentrate nail accessory for the Herbo but the feedback on the official thread here was pretty poor on that and I'd say it's obsolete.
As someone already mentioned there are better devices for that than work differently than pouring the trates on top of the nail.
Low temperature dabbing is easier on the throath and that nail accessory is just the opposite, inefficient as it gets pretty dirty with unvaped material.
Sandwhiches or a Mighty pad work much better than that thing imho.

justcametomind,
Reactions: lennowitz

lennowitz

I did get the nail but haven't used it yet.

I am going to start with low temp dabs (aka adding the wax on top of the herb) and will see how it goes.

lennowitz,
Reactions: daoist

Texus

I did get the nail but haven't used it yet.

I am going to start with low temp dabs (aka adding the wax on top of the herb) and will see how it goes.
Look forward to your impressions. Have not tried myself but based on other comments, went with separate rig (Love my Rio, and Xmax Qomo).

Texus,
Reactions: daoist

lennowitz

Hi guys,

another update to show my experience over the last week. :)

The device itself is insane. By the time I grinded a bit of weed, the heating element is already on 350°C. It is so fast. They allow you to keep the heating element on for hours and hours, but I really don't see the point due to its fast heating speed.

While I really loved the effects and everything about the Herborizer at first, it was the next morning that left me unhappy. It was a too head centered high that woke me up after a few hours of sleep and didn't really allow me to fall asleep again.

I then tried dabbing. Soft dabbing (putting wax on top of the weed) is kinda nice but takes away quite a few elements of the weed effects. So I am not super happy about that. Mid Temp dabbing on the enail feels weird, not gonna lie. Putting the wax on the expensive heating element...Puuuh. Also, effects were way too head focused. I guess dabbing isn't for me.

Yesterday, I found the perfect solution after reading a few studies.

During the day I vape hybrids or sativa strains on 185-200°C. I keep the rest in a lockable glass for the evening to vape at higher temps.

In the evening I used to vape at around 210-220. Now, I found a few studies suggesting that vaping at 230 (very close to combustion) is by far the most efficient. So I did that (first at 210, then 230 to finish it off). Sure, taste is not it anymore (still way better than smoking though) - however, the effects are actually stronger and even longer than from smoking with a heavy body high. I didn't imagine this would be possible. I am very happy now.

Last edited:

daoist

I am usually between 220c and 280c. But thats on the analogue O.G. Ti, so probably not so accurate in temperatures.
I noticed that at 220c i get a nice sativa head high, not so heavy on the body. This is usually my preferred temperature. on the Ti, but on my Arizer EQ i just put it on 185c and get similar effects as on my Ti at 220c... So the temperatures do not always tell the full story.

At 280c on the Ti it really gives me the heavy couchlock kinda high. So if you don't feel that sedated high you probably want to increase the temperature.

It is a bit of a learning curve with every vaporizer and along the way you can ritualize it to perfection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom