• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Verdamper vaporizer

kingcrimson

so I'm about to bite the bullet and buy me a stickman *finally*. Share your obsessive and irrational fears about the heating element now before I drop the cash, and change my mind.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about.

kingcrimson,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
KC, the wire element meets my (sometimes paranoid) standards for safety.

I am sure that something all glass would be even cleaner, but I have never seen anything that compared to the DeVerdamper in volume.

My only complaint is that it works best with occasional stirring due to the (slightly hot) lack of temperature control (and the price, of course). I also like to vape at a lower temperature than many.

If you get one feel free to chime in. This thread gets lonely :p .

Progress,

kingcrimson

yeah the verdamper is a a seldom heard of device, I guess around my set so it's to be expected.
I certainly have no worries about the nichrome element, by the way what do you experience in terms of warm up time for the element? Is there are starts working time and an optimal temp time? all i remember from the dam is somewhere round 5-10 minutes and it was going good.

here comes a bunch of Q's, hope you don't mine the barrage.
Also, I'm pretty sure you have several vapes right? So where does the stickman fit into your rotation, like what do you use it for? Does it gather dust compared to other units or what? And do you find that it is more of a niche device (like my vapor globe) or general purpose (use it all the time)?

thanks boss. I am soon to be eagerly awaiting my very own set o tubes.

kingcrimson,

spikyvape

Well i got the deluxe version with safety valve, it warms up in say 7 minutes.

But mostly i leave it on 24/7

With the safety with the nichrome wich i questioned at the start from this topic, i habe no worries
anymore.

After all the vapes i owned this by far the best , ok it is big but it is so smooth !!

The taste you get out of this is really awsome.

I bought a adapter and hooked a tube on it ;)

But the glass tube gives bigger hits ;)

About Evert the maker of the verdamper, he is really a great guy ! He loves his job

spikyvape,

Progress

I agree that the DeV heats up in under 10 min (but about 10 is best to be safe). In the rotation, the DeV stands as power hitter king (many get used, but the stikman rarely gathers dust). It has a huge bowl and gobbles up herbs, but nothing compares when you just don't feel like drawing over and over again (it is also great for those who say that these vaporizer things do not work :brow: ).

I may advise against leaving it on 24/7, but you could always check with Everet to be sure.

Please don't hesitate if you have any questions/comments about the DeVerdamper (before or after it arrives).

kingcrimson

thanks prog and sliky for answering my Q's.
Prog, what model do you have? Silky has offered to sell me a friend's deluxe model. I have only ever used the small square jared reizer model, and the large square jared model which I thought has too much airspace. Any sentiment on the deluxe model? I do like that its got the 1 way valve to blow out stale vapor. the reizer does not.

kingcrimson,

Progress

Hey KC,

I have used all of the models listed on the website (I use the deluxe groot the most--accessibility).

IMO, the jars lack some of the glass advantage of the stikman, but work well. The larger models also work very well, but may be a bit large for some who would rather fill/clear the vapor (some here clear while others just keep drawing 'hookah-style').

Our preference for the large unit with the valve also partially has to do with the role of the stikman here (he is the power-house herb annihilator here).

Hope this helps :).

Progress,

marcuss

above the clouds
spikyvape said:
With the safety with the nichrome wich i questioned at the start from this topic, i habe no worries
anymore.
ehy spikyvape...it is quite strange that a dubtful guy like you worring about the steel Herbo heater also after tons of info saying that steel is safe, has no worries about a nichrome heating element.....anyway if this vape make you happy i'm happy for you too. :lol:

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
Last week endI met the Verdamper man at the cannatrade in Basel after he passed some troubles....he was obviously fill up the Bowl with good weed to let the people at the stand try its vape when the Swiss police came in and fined him....also kick a poor guy that was hitting the Verdamper out of the expo....Fuck the police always!!

marcuss,

spikyvape

Evert fills bowls like the best haha, on the hightimes he also had some
troubles with the police about a serious bag of ak47 ;)

I met him in a coffeeshop some time ago, really fanatic guy in this scene.

spikyvape,

marcuss

above the clouds
well....after more than one year journey with my Herbo i don't see nothing different in the insulation, it is like new...i say again if you like it i'm happy for you....i lost my verginity with a Verdamper long time ago...

I'm trying to upload a short clip from the expo.....:peace:

marcuss,

kingcrimson

paid for my stickman yesterday, or at least they have my card info, I simply cannot wait for it to get here. Hopefully shipping from holland is both quick and successful kinda worried about that actually...

how did everyone here go about procuring theirs?

kingcrimson,

spikyvape

I got it from the website from Evert.

But i am from Holland so i got it in 1 day.

Wich model did you get ? I love my deluxe version, i will make some pictures
tomorrow if intersted.

I think they ship yours fast, you are in for a treat ;)

spikyvape,

kingcrimson

spikyvape said:
I got it from the website from Evert.

But i am from Holland so i got it in 1 day.

Wich model did you get ? I love my deluxe version, i will make some pictures
tomorrow if intersted.

I think they ship yours fast, you are in for a treat ;)
Im hoping it will take about as long as beans sent from overseas, 5-10 business days, sooner if I'm lucky, but I won't get my hopes up - they've had my card info since wednesday and my bank still doesn't show that they've initiated the transaction :/. I simply cannot wait! I'm obviously an instant gratification type of person.

I cheaped out and got the reizer, but I know a glass blower so I can have him make me a custom pot so I can eliminate to cork without the vast expense.

kingcrimson,

kingcrimson

crap. It got here and now I don't know how to put it together. :/:lol:
little help anyone? progress?
also don't know if this is something I can just plug into my wall. electricians?

the transformer though it has a european plug has the same female side for that plug so I could just put in a us friendly one, if that makes sense. if not Ill put pics up.
it says 12v, thats what we got here in the US, right?

both have 4 screws on the bottom allowing you to tighten the wires into place, but I have no clue how they might work together if at all. Seems to me just screw the wires into the heating element peice but, well, extra parts freak me out.

kingcrimson,

kingcrimson

bit the bullet, put it all together and it works fine. omitted the extra part. so stoned. best thing i ever bought. period. no shit.:ko::ko::ko:

kingcrimson,

kingcrimson

Photo352.jpg

Photo359.jpg

Photo360.jpg

Photo353.jpg

kingcrimson,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Right on man, glad you figured it out. Any tips?

Always nice to hear and see more about this historic vape. Keep it comin'! :D

vtac,

kingcrimson

chug. thats about it. then you get :ko:
this thing is a cloud machine. makes me :D
if you want hotter temps you cover the top with the grinder lid/your hand/whatever. Many times if I do this since Im a newb to the device its much to powerful a hit for even me. w/ the top covered it hits thick enough to feel like smoke for all intents and purposes but there could in no way be combustion or any of the ickyness assosiated with the biproducts thereof. muahahahaha.

kingcrimson,

THC

Daft Vapour
A Herbro is very similar design but a different product from the Verdamper, as far as I am aware and I own the small Verdamper Deluxe (The pics above posted by Kingcrimson are a Verdamper . I agree with the fact that max prefers stainless steal you cant get toxins vaping from it at the temps we are interested in and it has better heat control on the SS than ceramic which is over kill and may effect the efficiency of units. I have heard Herborizers are changing to ceramic but other than portables and different bong bodies there is nothing i have seen about the Verdamper changing the heating system, but please if iI am wrong tell me pls so i can by a couple of ss before they disappear!

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
Just for interest here are some pics of my Verdamper Deluxe small (btw I am having an affair with this vape I have and always will love her!)-
IMG_2392.jpg

web.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

THC,
Top Bottom