Venus Helios

JackBrus

For 3) it's because the heater is isolated from the air/vapor path, being encapsulated in glass
You mean that the halogen bulb itself is not in the vapor path, but is behind more glass?

This would eliminate the one risk I see with halogen. Maybe far fetched, but what if a bulb explodes at the moment where I take a deep inhale? I don't want lamp stuff in my lungs. On the other hand, do those bulbs ever explode? Anyway, it would be a small extra safety step, at the expense of heat up speed. Correct?

JackBrus,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hum nope I meant the bulb glass itself isolates the heat produced inside from the exterior. It's less efficient than having say a coil directly in the air path. But AFAIK there's no extra shielding layer. So you are correct that technically you could inhale the bulb contents when something goes terribly bad.

I didn't follow the other threads much, so I might be wrong but I don't think such an accident was ever reported for the other halogen vapes that have been around for some time now?

KeroZen,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Couple of questions guys,

1. Is this thing Temperature Controlled, in the sense that an electronic circuit tries to keep the temperature of the halogen lamp stable? Meaning that it would send more power to it when one takes a large / fast draw, and less power when idle ?

2. Some vapes want you to press a button when drawing, some have even a sensor for that. Those vapes give more power when the user tokes - and less or none when idle. How does the Helios do this?

3. Halogen bulbs light up very fast. Plus there is not much mass in this vape. How come the Helios doesn't heat up even faster, let's say in 10 seconds? Or is it that the herbs need to be 'pre heated' (radiation heat) before the convection can be successful ?

Thanks !

1. @villekille2 has made some improvements for the Helios regarding the algorithm to maintain the flavor even better when sessioning. But this one is not temp controlled, it's power controlled via the knob. If this thing is running and heat soaked it's hard to overwhelm the heater... You would choke and cough - and/or combust finally :p

2. Yes, you press the boost button as you like. You can also adjust the boost power and save it. I think max. overdrive is 120% of the bulb wattage.

3. I'm not sure what the latest iteration of the big Helios is capable plus the latest generation of bulbs. Think it's cut down heat up to around 30-45 secs.. Hope @villekille2 can chime in soon.

About glass bulb breakage, never heard of that before. Then, the bulb is installed in a SS cylinder that has a screen on top of it. On top of that you place your SS chamber that has two more screens. Everything that would pass all these layers would need to get lpast another screen on the base where the air is drawn into the tubing. Then all the way up the tube... If something like that happened, you would have stopped drawing before it goes there. Ultimately, you could use some hemp fiber and put it in the tube as a super fine filter. Would not have a concern about that.

btka

1. @villekille2 has made some improvements for the Helios regarding the algorithm to maintain the flavor even better when sessioning. But this one is not temp controlled, it's power controlled via the knob. If this thing is running and heat soaked it's hard to overwhelm the heater... You would choke and cough - and/or combust finally :p

2. Yes, you press the boost button as you like. You can also adjust the boost power and save it. I think max. overdrive is 120% of the bulb wattage.

3. I'm not sure what the latest iteration of the big Helios is capable plus the latest generation of bulbs. Think it's cut down heat up to around 30-45 secs.. Hope @villekille2 can chime in soon.

About glass bulb breakage, never heard of that before. Then, the bulb is installed in a SS cylinder that has a screen on top of it. On top of that you place your SS chamber that has two more screens. Everything that would pass all these layers would need to get lpast another screen on the base where the air is drawn into the tubing. Then all the way up the tube... If something like that happened, you would have stopped drawing before it goes there. Ultimately, you could use some hemp fiber and put it in the tube as a super fine filter. Would not have a concern about that.

how would you compare the helios with grasshopper... especially regarding size of clouds, taste, efficency (how much herb is needed)... any other suggestions?

how much do you load in the chamber of helios (much more then in gh?) ...

can you use the helios with small loads (0.05 to 0.07) and get nice big clouds.

how much do you load for session in the helios and how much clouds do you get?

How fast does the taste go away ( my experience with other vapes is normally after the first an second hit the taste is gone )?

How long does a session take and how much herb do you use for a session?

BTW I am using my gh most of the time with a dry bubbler (mflb orbiter)

I am very happy with my gh but was always interested in a venus (before gh) but do not want to buy vapes collecting dust... sold a lot of vapes in the past because I did not use them anymore after buying gh... so I am asking myself if I need another vape...

btka,

FusterCluck

I registered an account just to talk here. I haven't had much luck contacting the guys from Venus.

My Helios was the high powered one. The first session at middle setting was great. Lots of vapor and tasty all the way through. However, I noticed that the very top of the material was blackened. Not the material closest to the halogen bulb.

Thinking nothing of it, I just disposed of it.

The next day I started up the vape on the middle setting and the second I put the chamber on top, billows of white smoke came out without a draw. Took it to the bathroom to open and the material was basically charcoal. I thought that this couldn't be right, I just used it a day ago.

So I cleaned it up, brought out the spare chamber to let the original one soak in iso for a bit, and put a pinch of material into the chamber. Then let it heat up at the LOWEST setting. It took the full 40 seconds. Then I put the chamber on top and the same thing happened again. After removing the second chamber, I used an infrared thermometer and had the bulb measuring at 700 degrees Fahrenheit (while off)

Third time's a charm right? Well not so. The next day I brought it out again and now the bulb won't even turn on. The red LED does.

I don't know what to do. I really think that changing the bulb won't fix anything. This seems like the unit is busted but all communications I've tried to send to Venus have gone unanswered. Should I just send in back for a return?

FusterCluck,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I registered an account just to talk here. I haven't had much luck contacting the guys from Venus.

My Helios was the high powered one. The first session at middle setting was great. Lots of vapor and tasty all the way through. However, I noticed that the very top of the material was blackened. Not the material closest to the halogen bulb.

Thinking nothing of it, I just disposed of it.

The next day I started up the vape on the middle setting and the second I put the chamber on top, billows of white smoke came out without a draw. Took it to the bathroom to open and the material was basically charcoal. I thought that this couldn't be right, I just used it a day ago.

So I cleaned it up, brought out the spare chamber to let the original one soak in iso for a bit, and put a pinch of material into the chamber. Then let it heat up at the LOWEST setting. It took the full 40 seconds. Then I put the chamber on top and the same thing happened again. After removing the second chamber, I used an infrared thermometer and had the bulb measuring at 700 degrees Fahrenheit (while off)

Third time's a charm right? Well not so. The next day I brought it out again and now the bulb won't even turn on. The red LED does.

I don't know what to do. I really think that changing the bulb won't fix anything. This seems like the unit is busted but all communications I've tried to send to Venus have gone unanswered. Should I just send in back for a return?

Hey man. Sorry to read that... :(
Have you tried contacting @villekille2 via PM?
All I know is Ville has been on tour for quite some time, business wise.
Haven't heard back from him for quite a while too. I'd try to drop him an email once again. Hopefully he'll be responsive the soonest.
Good luck and keep us posted!

vapen00b,

villekille2

Manufacturer

If you happen to have an extra bulb or can find a 12V 50W (also a 35W would do) bulb with a G6.35 connection, you can try changing it. From your explanation I really cannot say why it behaved like that. Did you see any change in the brightness of the halogen bulb when you adjusted the power level? I can only imagine that some electrical problem causing the bulb to be at maximum power level all time would cause this kind of behavior. Anyway I can assure you that this is not normal for a Helios, the vapor quality should be amazing and thank's to the HerbSense feature, taste of herbs is even better than in the much loved Venus and Apollo vapes.

You can fill the returns form on our online shop and inform that you are waiting for a replacement and we will send one to you :)

FusterCluck

If you happen to have an extra bulb or can find a 12V 50W (also a 35W would do) bulb with a G6.35 connection, you can try changing it. From your explanation I really cannot say why it behaved like that. Did you see any change in the brightness of the halogen bulb when you adjusted the power level? I can only imagine that some electrical problem causing the bulb to be at maximum power level all time would cause this kind of behavior. Anyway I can assure you that this is not normal for a Helios, the vapor quality should be amazing and thank's to the HerbSense feature, taste of herbs is even better than in the much loved Venus and Apollo vapes.

You can fill the returns form on our online shop and inform that you are waiting for a replacement and we will send one to you :)

Thanks for your response villekille2. I do have an extra bulb but I'd rather just get a replacement unit.

The bulb was always the same brightness. Blinding. No matter what setting I had it on.

I'll fill out the information on the website and we'll see where we go from there.

villekille2

Manufacturer
Thanks, I would guess that for some reason the output transistor for halogen bulb is shorted. The vaporizer cannot control the power level of heating and it was always at maximum. As a result is is expected to burn the herbs very quickly. We will send you a replacement.

villekille2

Manufacturer
The Helios products have been upgraded with improvements in software and hardware.

Now also the Helios Lite has HerbSense technology to keep vapor more tasty even when having longer session. The Stealth mode has been removed from both models as it seemed to cause more confusion than good. and many little improvements here and there.

Electronics have been improved with stronger components. Now the only differentiating feature between Helios and Helios Lite is the available power. thanks to the 12V 50W instead of 6V 20W, the heat up period is quicker in Helios, and also the maximum power available is higher. Also the nice thing about Helios is that as it is a 12V system, it can work easily for example in a car.

Also the new software has a feature to run a burn in test session automatically on the first time and if the vape passes it, it saves all correct default setting to memory and only then it is ready for shipping. This ensures that each and every Helios product has gone trough this testing phase and that the default setting will be always as they should, lessening the chances of mistakes during production.

FusterCluck

I got the replacement yesterday. It came with a few extra glass tops. A dark purple one, and a smoke one. The smoke one is pretty nice. It has just the right amount of transparency so you can see the vapor. The purple one isn't as clear but it blocks out the light from the halogen lamp pretty well. Makes it pretty stealthy but it's hard to see the vapor unless you really concentrate on the led light. Either that, or I'm just not getting a lot of vapor yet. Still getting used to it.

Anyways, couldn't help myself and powered it up as soon as I could settle in from work. I hesitated at first because I kept remembering that burnt smell from the first unit. However, all fears put to rest after I placed the chamber on it.

Smooth, cool, and delicious vapor.

Sadly, I cut my session short because I was afraid I would burn the material. I didn't taste any burning but I had to be cautious. To my surprise, there was still a LOT of green left. And the chamber wasn't skin melting hot like the faulty unit made it. That old chamber is permanently darkened to a brown color by the last unit.

I feel like this is a sit back and relax vape. Something I've been missing. Looking forward to perfecting the use.

Serious shout out to villekille2 for the amazing service and product. If all companies worked like this, we'd have a much better industry catering to us.

Zow237

Got the one off the boards here coming this week! Going to wake this thread up a lil bit! :brow: This thing looks like a nice piece of work :) videos and full write up to come. @kimura thanks for the amazing deal!!!!
@villekille2 is the site open for purchases? Jw because it does say in the newsletter of the home page that you aren't shipping orders

Last edited:

Zow237

Helios should be here tomorrow! I can't wait to use my first halogen vApe! My parents are coming into to town Friday though so I won't get much time to test it this weekend but I'll try and get some testing tomorrow with the super star Tahoe Og I picked up today :) looks so good and ready to be vaped by Helios! Vids and review to come

little maggie

Helios should be here tomorrow! I can't wait to use my first halogen vApe! My parents are coming into to town Friday though so I won't get much time to test it this weekend but I'll try and get some testing tomorrow with the super star Tahoe Og I picked up today :) looks so good and ready to be vaped by Helios! Vids and review to come
I'm curious to hear about it. I am always amusted by your signature saying you want any wood vape among others. I think you've pretty much tried and parted with most of the wood vapes out there except for the butane ones.

Zow237

I'm curious to hear about it. I am always amusted by your signature saying you want any wood vape among others. I think you've pretty much tried and parted with most of the wood vapes out there except for the butane ones.

I'm not a collector. I love to try it these devices :)
Welll if I can ever figure out how to turn on the device then I can get rolling :( I have no idea what I'm doing hahah. Can't figure out how you change the bulb if you had to. Can't get the middle piece off where the light is.
Edit: plus wasn't plugged all the way in the adapter haha

This vape isn't for me, it's more for someone that's a sipper and like a session vape. Works well but just not for me
She's boxed up and on to the next fcer

Last edited:

*plainlazy*

Hi guys. I'm new to this thread but not the forum I'm also new to the owners club of the Helios. Well not quite yet im waiting in delivery of one.
I can't wait to try this out. First experience of halogen vapes.
So anyone got any newb tip quick starter guides?
Ground or buds? Or both good? I have an enano and switch between ground and buds.
What the minimum amount of material you have to use to get results? And also what's the maximum?
Where on the power dial would be good for flavour and then for mid range and what's the max on the dial you can safely use?
Would leaving the boost button a while to get used to it be a good idea? I'm kinda excited about this boost button but also worried I'm going to combust .

Anyway I can't wait to find out for myself it looks awesome from the pics and few videos I've seen.
Hope someone on this thread can help a newb tia

*plainlazy*

Is this thread dead? See if we can get some conversation going.

I've just order an Apollo glass tube, cooling unit and basket kit to try with my full fat Helios. To get some direct draw action going. The video of direct draw via a evo mouthpiece and flexicone has me on a quest to replicate it.

Any Helios people out there?

Is there anybody out there......

*plainlazy*,

villekille2

Manufacturer
We have now a Limited stock of both Helios and Apollo for Black Friday sales, 50 Euro discount. Starting from today until the end of week / sold out.

villekille2,

-francois-

Is this thread dead? See if we can get some conversation going.

I've just order an Apollo glass tube, cooling unit and basket kit to try with my full fat Helios. To get some direct draw action going. The video of direct draw via a evo mouthpiece and flexicone has me on a quest to replicate it.

Any Helios people out there?

Is there anybody out there......
Did you finally get your Helios vaporiser ? If so what do you think of it ?

*plainlazy*

Did you finally get your Helios vaporiser ? If so what do you think of it ?

I bought a Helios 50w off the classifieds on here.

It's a unique vape for sure. The vape signature is strong and intense. I guess because the halogen heat source really does a great job of vaporising your herbs.

The glass jar with plastic hose/whip is a party pleaser with the vapor waterfalling on the inside of the jar.
It's a session vape with some mates I think, the bowl is huge. But the Helios can go through weed easy.

I'm trying to rig up a direct draw method at the mo also be able to use small amounts. Get the jar and whip out of the equation.

Heats up super quick. Hits super hard. Flavour and clouds. Unique.

I dont think you can go wrong. I think I'd go the Apollo route next time or In future if I can't get direct draw method worked out.

-francois-

I bought a Helios 50w off the classifieds on here.

It's a unique vape for sure. The vape signature is strong and intense. I guess because the halogen heat source really does a great job of vaporising your herbs.

The glass jar with plastic hose/whip is a party pleaser with the vapor waterfalling on the inside of the jar.
It's a session vape with some mates I think, the bowl is huge. But the Helios can go through weed easy.

I'm trying to rig up a direct draw method at the mo also be able to use small amounts. Get the jar and whip out of the equation.

Heats up super quick. Hits super hard. Flavour and clouds. Unique.

I dont think you can go wrong. I think I'd go the Apollo route next time or In future if I can't get direct draw method worked out.
I'm glad you like it :-) What is the difference between whip and direct draw in terms of weed consumption ? Does the vape with jar and whip go through weed too easily ? In short I would like to know how efficient is the extraction when using a normal amount of weed. Is it possible not to fill completely the chamber and still have good vapour production ? I am asking so many questions because I need to find a new daily driver X)

-francois-,

villekille2

Manufacturer
Helios has finally found its configuration. We used to sell both 20W and 50W models, the main difference being faster heat up for the 50W model and some extra features. But now there is just one final model.

I was able to make the 20W bulb to heat it up in 90 seconds and the vapor quality is best with this bulb so it was an easy choice to make. The firmware also got updated and all works nicely. I feel that this is finally what Helios was supposed to be from the beginning.

We got a new deal from DHL Express which means that I was able to lower the shipping cost for the customer by 25% and shipping time is quicker. 1 day within EU and 1-2 days to North America.

The code "gift-fc" will work during chechout until the end of the year.

Top Bottom