• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Venus Helios

lazylathe

Almost there...
@villekille2

Can the new helios be used upside down without the glass cover?
I know @kimura had his set up to be direct draw utilizing the MiniVap Flexicones, not really a whip kind of guy.
Upside down would just be for the duration of a hit, around 15 to 20 seconds.

Unfortunately the pics are no longer in the thread but i managed to snag some off the classifieds from @kimura sale.

3YqN2ri.jpg

iwIj6iM.jpg

MinnBobber

I know @kimura had his set up to be direct draw utilizing the MiniVap Flexicones, not really a whip kind of guy.
Upside down would just be for the duration of a hit, around 15 to 20 seconds.
....................................................................................
I love all things "miniVAP Flexicones" as they are an awesome capsule. I try to mod all my vapes to use them, whenever possible.

MinnBobber,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I received the instructions from @villekille2 on the weekend and had an almost real-time email chat about my Helios! Very nice being able to chat with the man in charge!
So i discovered that it is one of the earlier models based off the serial number and the 12V power supply and 50W halogen bulb! Apparently a rare beast as they decreased the power significantly in later models.
@*plainlazy* has also been extremely helpful in explaining it to me!!

The vaporizer is TINY!! It looks elegant with the Oak body as well.
My only negative is the front plate layout. The tube and the dial are close together and it is quite trying to fit the silicone tubing.
So since this feature bugged me, I modded it slightly! I have a borosilicate glass tube that fits the hole exactly! Sticks out about 1 1/2 inches and is easy to install and remove. I also found an old EQ 18mm adapter to use it with glass natively.

As with any vape there is a learning curve and i think the Venus range may be slightly more difficult to dial in to your perfect session. However after a few sessions, you get the feeling for how it works and the massive power under the hood!
You have two available options to fine tune:
BOOST and HEAT UP TIME.
Boost increases the power by your dial position + 20%
Heat up time is how long the unit heats up before you can hit it.
Pretty simple in theory but slightly more difficult in reality! LOL!

I combusted the once due to a fine grind and not knowing what i was doing!
I also slightly combusted last night but caught it in time, so no harm done.

Had another session and checked the ABV, still greenish and i was tired of hitting the same load.
Reprogram time!
Set BOOST to 11.5 + 20%
HUT was increased to around 7 seconds
These are all random, sucked out of vapor numbers...

And they work!! Nice vapor off the first hit that tastes great!!
Running at 7.5 + BOOST for every hit.
Using it with the grey glass cover and enjoy the light show of the vapor waterfall!

Still need to have a go at direct technique using the MiniVap Flexicones!

Not sure why this little powerhouse is not more popular!!
I would rate it higher than my Herbalizer in terms of vapor quality and density of first hit. Less parts to break as well and DIY bulb replacement.

Going to spend a while longer with it and fine tune the settings, videos to follow!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Fantastic @lazylathe !

This unit is difficult to figure out. I’ve spent my time with the Apollo settings. Please share your fave settings and tech when you land! I really want the globe to fill with vapor but haven’t dialed mine in yet. The light show is funky!

stickstones,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
@stickstones

So far i am really liking my boost set to MAX +20% and a 10 second heat up time.
Instant vapor with amazing flavor!! vapor is a bit thin but not bad.
I think with a slightly longer heat up time i can get around the thinner vapor.

HOT TIP:
Do not stop a session and turn the unit off to check ABV color...
Instant combustion on restart-up!!:puke::puke:
That's what i get for trying to take it a bit further...

Just open the lid and remove the top to inspect and carry on!
Lesson learned!
Time to clean everything now...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks!

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if it was simply not possible to have really thick hits using the globe. I can't tell if it's always going to have too much ambient air in there or if I could dial it in to be thick and fun to watch.

stickstones,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks!

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if it was simply not possible to have really thick hits using the globe. I can't tell if it's always going to have too much ambient air in there or if I could dial it in to be thick and fun to watch.

Settled at boost at MAX +20% and a 13 second heat up and the dial set to 8.
I am not sure if i can get the vapor any thicker without combusting again and that was gross.
If there was only one air entry point, i am sure the vapor would be a lot thicker but it seems to enter from all over the place! With the dome on and my finger blocking the air inlet on the back, my bubbler just purrs away as if nothing is attached. It needs a gasket between the glass dome and the wood to seal it correctly i think. Then again it will also draw air through the lamp holder assembly as well...

I will try it direct to my WT using a Flexicone to see if it is any better.

Very nice effects as well!! Hitting some Hawaiian Snow Freebie from my last order!!

EDIT:
@stickstones
Best way to use is with Flexicone into an 18mm adapter, place herb holder onto Flexicone and hold Helios on top. Turn on and when ready start to inhale and hit boost constantly!
Takes a bit but it builds up quickly and overwhelmed me!
Try it!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Still rocking the settings from above and using mainly the whip.
This vape was never intended to milk up bongs but rather be a relaxing session vape.
Used in this regard, it performs excellently and medicates very well!
Flavor is great and it lasts a few hits and the clouds are a fair size and not very dense but it just keeps producing vapor.

I filled a bowl full of a medium grind Blueberry Kush and turned it on.
Once ready, the first slight inhale produces vapor and the globe cascades the vapor down the sides.
After about 10 hits i opened the glass dome, sucked the vapor out of it, and gave the herb a stir.
I had a faint taste of too dark taste and wanted to see what was going on in the bowl.
The bowl had a few flecks of very dark material but 97%+- was an even light tan.
Popped the glass dome back on and had a few more pulls till the vapor thinned a lot.
The resulting ABV was a mix of medium tan and slightly lighter tan, zero green!

Very happy with this vape!
It should be more well known out in the vaporizer industry!

lazylathe,

kimura

guys I have to admit, I never had success using this thing as intended with the globe and the whip. maybe I just lacked the patience to figure it out.

I did, however, have great success using it as a direct draw device in combination with a miniVAP flexicone module and a VXL dry mouthpiece. I posted some vids a while ago but I think I took them all down. can explain more if you're interested.

I still have a Helios sitting in my closet but no power cord... I think it's time to get another power cord

lazylathe

Almost there...
guys I have to admit, I never had success using this thing as intended with the globe and the whip. maybe I just lacked the patience to figure it out.

I did, however, have great success using it as a direct draw device in combination with a miniVAP flexicone module and a VXL dry mouthpiece. I posted some vids a while ago but I think I took them all down. can explain more if you're interested.

I still have a Helios sitting in my closet but no power cord... I think it's time to get another power cord

I think I have your original Helios?
It rocks with the globe and with your direct draw tech using MV parts!
Or even inverted over a WT is awesome!

lazylathe,
Reactions: kimura

lazylathe

Almost there...
With signs of life back at Venus Vaporizers and hopefully the return of @villekille2 ,I decided to start the day off with my Venus Helios!
This is such a simple vaporizer to use it is crazy!!
Coarse/med grind, half fill the chamber and turn on and watch the red pulsing light, mesmerizing.
Once the inside light turns on, hit the whip!
Instant vapor fills the globe, not dense but more of a medium, delicious tasting vapor!
The thing just does not stop producing vapor! Thinner and thinner but after 15 hits I am tired of pulling!
No burnt popcorn taste whatsoever!!!

I also love that I can load a bowl and hit it a few times and get sidetracked for a bit and then hit it again with no scorching or burnt taste!

@*plainlazy* This bad boy still delivers the goods!!

lazylathe,
Reactions: 6079Smith

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I wish I could help with your query- the I also share it, but I will say this- am glad I waited on the Venus... Because both the Apollo 50 W, and this Helios seem much more suited to my needs and I do plan on obtaining both.

Vapeur Rogue,

wobbleaf

Hello everyone! I've been really interested in the Helios for a little while now and am wondering if anyone would like to share some insights and maybe a video or two? Thanks in advance :)

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I've been looking into halogen vaporizer's lately. At least you can replace the bulb when it burns out, Rather than replacing the whole vaporizer.
And an old video, So this has been around for a while. Has a ten year lifetime battery, Nice...

Last edited:
Vaporooni,

lazylathe

Almost there...

1derer

Hello! A newbie here. I can't figure out how to change the halogen bulb. Is anyone here able and willing to help?

GoldenBud

Hello! A newbie here. I can't figure out how to change the halogen bulb. Is anyone here able and willing to help?
if you could post some pictures after you removed the screws, that will help. i think if it can be done, with pictures you will get much more help. good luck!

1derer

if you could post some pictures after you removed the screws, that will help. i think if it can be done, with pictures you will get much more help. good luck!
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that the base plate is attached to the led light (pictured to the right of the vertical pipe containing the halogen) which only allows it to be lifted about an inch, which isn't even enough to peek under it. I'm unable to detach it from the led with reasonable force. I also see no conceivable way to remove the mesh on top of the halogen bulb. Although there is a groove on the vertical pipe, it seems to be one solid piece. I'm sure the bulb can be replaced, since the manufacturer sold replacement bulbs on their website when it was still up.

venus-unscrewed.jpg

GoldenBud

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that the base plate is attached to the led light (pictured to the right of the vertical pipe containing the halogen) which only allows it to be lifted about an inch, which isn't even enough to peek under it. I'm unable to detach it from the led with reasonable force. I also see no conceivable way to remove the mesh on top of the halogen bulb. Although there is a groove on the vertical pipe, it seems to be one solid piece. I'm sure the bulb can be replaced, since the manufacturer sold replacement bulbs on their website when it was still up.

venus-unscrewed.jpg
If I were you, I'd send a nice message to the manufacturer of the TinyMight, asking how much money to transfer for a guide or something. I bet his time is expensive now.... this vape is an unicorn! I wouldn't want it on my shelf gathering dust..

Top Bottom