VAULT SE Battery

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Some folks new to vaping don't understand that the device has a manual button option for turning on the heater for those times when a clog occurs and trying to take a hit doesn't turn the unit on ......

A few nights ago someone I bought a Vault SE for Christmas told me that a 1g cart was so clogged that even the usual fix of "drawing like you're sucking a bowling ball through a straw" couldn't break the clog and there was still a 3rd of the oil left in the cart.

I suggested making sure the temp level was green and using the manual button press for 5 seconds and then continue to hold the manual button while trying to take a hit............worked like a charm. Not only did using the manual button press work but it allowed the cart to draw activate for several hits before clogging again.

His_Highness

Occasionally I run into this glitch where after charging it the device won't heat/produce vapor. I have to turn it on and turn it off 3 to 4 times until something finally catches.

Details:
Step1- I turn the device off and then fully charge it. I remove the charge cord and place the cart in.
Step2- I tap the button 5 times and then it blinks 3 times to let me know its on. I draw and instead of a steady light it blinks and doesn't create any vapor. I tap the button 5 times to turn it off and it blinks 3 times. I try drawing to make sure its off and it is off.
- Now I'll keep doing Step2 until it finally works which is 3 to 4 times. Its not the cart because I don't mess with the cart while this is happening and it eventually starts working and once its working it stays working.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas? I have one of the first test units from early on and its also happening to one of the units I gifted last Christmas.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?
I also have an early one.
I know you said it is not the cartridge, but...
Any time I have an issue with no vapor coming, it is always the cartridge connection.
Sometimes just lifting it out and putting it back is enough, but usually, I give the contacts a quick cleaning. The connection can get fouled with minute amounts of oil.
I clean with a quick iso-on-a-swab or an alcohol wipe. Remove the mag adapter so you can wipe those threads, and wipe the contact point down inside the Vault's cartride well. This has always worked for me.

Unrelated:
I just got some live rosin carts (my first, very excited) but they are too fat to fit in the Vault SE (or any Vivant).
I think these are a little over 11mm.
Any suggestions for a battery that will take fatter carts, still having a fire button and multiple temp options? Without breaking the bank...
These carts recommend very low temp/power (for best flavor), like 2.2 watts. I am not finding one that will go that low, don't want to re-program an old box mod. The ones that I see that take wider carts are in the $50 range, seems like a lot...

Last edited:

His_Highness

I also have an early one.
I know you said it is not the cartridge, but...
Any time I have an issue with no vapor coming, it is always the cartridge connection.
Sometimes just lifting it out and putting it back is enough, but usually, I give the contacts a quick cleaning. The connection can get fouled with minute amounts of oil.
I clean with a quick iso-on-a-swab or an alcohol wipe. Remove the mag adapter so you can wipe those threads, and wipe the contact point down inside the Vault's cartride well. This has always worked for me.
My belief that its not the cartridge was based on not touching the cartridge while I'm stuck in that Step2 cycle until it eventually starts working. I came to the conclusion that not interacting with the cart in any way till it starts working eliminated the cart having something to do with this. BUT your response made me think about this further and I think I may have overlooked the possibility that each time I get stuck in the Step2 cycle I MAY BE CAUSING THE HEATER TO TURN ON FOR A TINY BIT IN EACH CYCLE UNTIL WHATEVER THE CART ISSUE IS GETS CLEARED UP. I'll try your suggestion and ask the other person having the same problem to try it as well. Thank you so much for your suggestion!

His_Highness,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My belief that its not the cartridge was based on not touching the cartridge while I'm stuck in that Step2 cycle until it eventually starts working. I came to the conclusion that not interacting with the cart in any way till it starts working eliminated the cart having something to do with this. BUT your response made me think about this further and I think I may have overlooked the possibility that each time I get stuck in the Step2 cycle I MAY BE CAUSING THE HEATER TO TURN ON FOR A TINY BIT IN EACH CYCLE UNTIL WHATEVER THE CART ISSUE IS GETS CLEARED UP. I'll try your suggestion and ask the other person having the same problem to try it as well. Thank you so much for your suggestion!
I hope you find a solution.
And to clarify, this is not an issue of clogged cartridge, right?
For that, press power button while drawing.

His_Highness

I hope you find a solution.
And to clarify, this is not an issue of clogged cartridge, right?
For that, press power button while drawing.
Definitely not a clog issues because the draw isn't restricted in any way.

His_Highness,
Top Bottom