VAS need suggestions

Hello everyone, been lurking here for a few months, thought I would post and ask for opinions before I buy my next vape.

New to dry herb vaping, been using 510 carts for a while. Bought my first fry herb vape about 4 months ago, the TM2. Love it other than battery life, but has not been a major problem except if I forget to charge it. I typically leave it on about 7.5 and do one hit and walk away for a while then come back and take another. On occasion I rip through a bowl with it 3-5 hits and done for hours. Usually do 1-2 bowls a day.

Really enjoy the taste of it with stock stem and CU. TI stem couldn’t get CU to fit proper so it sits. Possibly buying some new stems soon but nothing fancy, grav up line taster maybe? (I mean are HA stems worth the price) Just something easier to clean would be nice imo rather than the CU with o rings.

Anyways, Black Friday I bought a Dynavap Omni. First time I used it I combusted which tasted way worse than using a standard combustion pipe. Anyways tried it again several times and I just don’t like the inconsistency of the Dynavap. Seems like 2-3 hits is all I can get before I don’t feel the effects much or the taste goes to crap. Even though I can still get visible vapor. Contemplated a IH but hard to spend more money on something your not happy with. Just feels like more than 2-3 hits with a torch and the herb is way over toasted compared to TM2.

Anyways that leads me to the question. What should I get next and as a backup for my TM2? I believe I prefer convection/hybrid style better than conduction. Needs to be portable, and I don’t use glass bongs etc. Haven’t really tried a “session” vape but did use the TM2 on session once and wasn’t a fan. Probably needs to have on demand mode for my liking. Options I have considered but some of them I have no idea about: AVLP, FW9 (not even sure how to get it or much about it), LOBO (I know it doesn’t do on demand), something from S&B (just because they are so highly regarded). Open to any other suggestions for other vapes not listed or stems/techniques for the TM2/Omni.

Thanks in advance for all advice.
PG

if you're a convection fan and don't want a session vape I doubt you'll be able to beat the TM, at least based on everything I've read on the forums here.
After reading a lot in here I am almost at the same conclusion. I almost titled this post TM2 backup, as that is the other reason I am looking. I am careful with my stuff but if the TM breaks I want something other then the omni to hold me over.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
(I mean are HA stems worth the price)
I can't say about HA particularly, but an all glass stem with decent cooling, whatever medium (spikes, balls, pills, helix etc) that ends up being, will give you a similar flavour difference to that you experienced comparing TM to the DV. It's quite pronounced! I say that's worth the money, you might not.

If you like the form factor if the Omni, then keep your eye on the tempest. It's much more convection forward than the DV. It's but quite ready yet though. The anvil is a similar form factor but more hybrid. Probably neither are as tasty as the TM but I've not tried the tempest so bear that in mind.

If this is a backup device I say try something new. If you don't mind a torch try a lotus, or if you want something all glass try an elev8r or a 18mm killer for smaller loads, they both require a large torch but they are both wonderful!

Farid

You should spend more time with the omni, you already have it after all.

Tons of people tell the same story as you only to do a 180 when they dial in their technique.

2 hits per bowl is normal, but those hits should produce dense clouds. If that's not the case I think you're not heating aggressively enough.

Also make sure you're cleaning it thoroughly if you combust or else the flavor will always suffer.

Mndeadhead

If you are looking for a good backup to your TM2 that is hybrid, I would suggest trying the Lobo. It’s on sale for like $140 right now. easy to reload and hits really well. It used to be my out and about vape until the wife stole it. The stock mouthpiece cools okay, but if you an aren’t goino to put it on glass, i would go with the stem that has the little bulb in it. It stays in ours full time. it also comes with a 100 day guarantee, so its literally risk free to give it a try

Mndeadhead,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Firewood is currently on sale until the end of the year, if they are out of stock you just email him to get a code to order, and it will be made for you... Nice counterpart to the TM, but there's a chance you might not get on with it?

There are a lot of other good compliments, though they're not all easy to get... If you like convection more than conduction you might like tempest more than omni and using a heater maybe?

But yes alternate stems for the TM really level up, you don't need to spend a lot, just get a plain WPA like from Rogue wax works who also has cooling stems cheap, with a simple hook, the right angle hooks are the best and there are cheap ones too... Also don't forget spare batteries and an external charger!

GoldenBud

Firewood/MiniVap/Tetra P80 or:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Seems like 2-3 hits is all I can get before I don’t feel the effects much or the taste goes to crap...... Just feels like more than 2-3 hits with a torch and the herb is way over toasted compared to TM2.
This is normal, that bowl is tiny :) Rinse and repeat, for sure.

DV taste will never match a high-end regulated convector; I used to be all DV all the time, then the ball vapes moved in...

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Jimiblues

Maybe you should look into one of those new ball vapes. I have yet to try one...but it seems to get all the hype. I'm happy with the dynavap. Maybe you should look into a low temp cap for flavor. Also if you want more than 2-3 hits, try using whole nugs. I put a little concentrate with my herb and I can get 7-8 hits from a b tip which is a half bowl. You have 2 of the arguably best vapes. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Sorry for the multiple days before replying. Just been a few busy days.
I appreciate everyone's advice and time explaining things, I guess I am just trying to better understand several things about vaping since I am new to it with only 2 devices. Trying to respond to quotes that interested me below and more general questions at the bottom after going further down the rabbit hole.

I can't say about HA particularly, but an all glass stem with decent cooling, whatever medium (spikes, balls, pills, helix etc) that ends up being, will give you a similar flavour difference to that you experienced comparing TM to the DV. It's quite pronounced! I say that's worth the money, you might not.

If you like the form factor if the Omni, then keep your eye on the tempest. It's much more convection forward than the DV. It's but quite ready yet though. The anvil is a similar form factor but more hybrid. Probably neither are as tasty as the TM but I've not tried the tempest so bear that in mind.

When you are saying an all glass stem, you mean for the DV right? Any suggestions as the DV world is a whole different beast that I am not familiar with. I have browsed TRWW but trying to figure out what works with what DV is somewhat hard to understand for a newer DV and vape enthusiast.

Since I did purchase the DV for 2 reasons:
1. When I am out hiking it is better than a one hitter pipe that I have been carrying. So, yes I like the form factor for that reason
2. As a backup for my TM2 if something were to go wrong with it.

You should spend more time with the omni, you already have it after all.

Tons of people tell the same story as you only to do a 180 when they dial in their technique.

2 hits per bowl is normal, but those hits should produce dense clouds. If that's not the case I think you're not heating aggressively enough.

Also make sure you're cleaning it thoroughly if you combust or else the flavor will always suffer.

You're definitely correct. I do need to spend more time with it. Been using a small torch so far. I do have a larger torch but I guess I am looking for some videos or a very detailed description to help me figure it out. I also purchased it to be out and about with it, so a large torch would somewhat defeat the purpose if I can't do the same thing with a smaller torch. Really enjoy Lee at tabletop bong but he rarely runs anything without glass, and I don't own any glass other then my TM stem right now. Trying to avoid a bong sitting around as I don't think the wife would approve. He also mainly uses a IH on most of the videos I have seen, so not a great resource for learning on the DV IMO.

If you are looking for a good backup to your TM2 that is hybrid, I would suggest trying the Lobo. It’s on sale for like $140 right now. easy to reload and hits really well. It used to be my out and about vape until the wife stole it. The stock mouthpiece cools okay, but if you an aren’t goino to put it on glass, i would go with the stem that has the little bulb in it. It stays in ours full time. it also comes with a 100 day guarantee, so its literally risk free to give it a try

Honestly, not sure if I would like a hybrid, which is why I am here and so hesitant to get anything else. My current use is just a TM2 with a description of how I use it above. Then a DV Omni which I like the taste of, not a huge fan of the torch. I just feel I am very inconsistent with it, where I would prefer a more consistent taste/effects etc.

There are a lot of other good compliments, though they're not all easy to get... If you like convection more than conduction you might like tempest more than omni and using a heater maybe?

But yes alternate stems for the TM really level up, you don't need to spend a lot, just get a plain WPA like from Rogue wax works who also has cooling stems cheap, with a simple hook, the right angle hooks are the best and there are cheap ones too... Also don't forget spare batteries and an external charger!

Again, not trying to sound completely dumb, but to my knowledge TM2 is mainly convection the way I am using it, with stock stem leaving small gap between the load and the bottom of the glass. I use it like a one hitter, on 7.5 and roll a few large hits not through any other glass as I don't own anything else. I find it's tasty and a nice repeatable experience this way, just searching around for something else and knowledge of what I am currently doing compared to other devices since it seems they are all very different.

Any suggestions for a straight glass stem with glass filter so I can ditch the CU but still cools decent? The small stock stem and CU is good IMO, occasionally gets hot but not unbearable. I think the CU is a pain to take apart/clean where I am thinking a stem with integrated glass screen and some cooling balls/pills or just longer since I have the 55mm stem would be a lot easier than the CU with o rings and taking it apart etc. Just the HA stems seems expensive to me, but I am also new to the game, maybe its the price of admission.

Maybe you should look into one of those new ball vapes. I have yet to try one...but it seems to get all the hype. I'm happy with the dynavap. Maybe you should look into a low temp cap for flavor. Also if you want more than 2-3 hits, try using whole nugs. I put a little concentrate with my herb and I can get 7-8 hits from a b tip which is a half bowl. You have 2 of the arguably best vapes. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Ball vapes don't interest me at this time. Mainly because I don't own any glass and don't think the wife would approve of a bong sitting around.

Random thoughts/questions
Is a TM2 all convection or somewhat hybrid as well?
What is a DV as it is advertised as hybrid but to me it is way more conduction?
Is a session vape worth purchasing to try out? Never really been a joint person, just pack a one hitter or pipe and take a hit. Chill out come back later for another is my use before vaping.
Can I use the TM2 like a session vape just to get a feel for a session style vape? (I have tried it on session mode but wasn't that impressed as it just constantly toasts the cannabis).
Do I actually need a backup to my TM2?

Thanks in advance
PG

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ball vapes don't interest me at this time. Mainly because I don't own any glass and don't think the wife would approve of a bong sitting around.
I think maybe there's a misunderstanding here. There's a new class of portable ball vapes (Thermal Accumulator, Stunner, Tempest) that can hit hard like the TM but they're in the format of slightly larger/fatter DV. No bong required as the stem does all the cooling.

The Tempest is the newest and most refined of the lot but it's still only available in pre-release kits (can be had with a bit of luck) although full release is right around the corner.

I own a Stunner and let me tell you that if you like a convection signature in a DV style (indestructible, portable, easy to clean and load) vape then I think this class of ball vapes is worth checking out.

One other thing, I suggest you try heating with an induction heater (iSpire Wand) for more consistent results other than the learning curve of a torch. This holds true whether you buy a new portable ball vape or you continue experimenting with your Omni. Once you dial in the heating time, it's very repeatable.

Edit: heating time with the portable ball vapes that is, not with the Omni which clicks obviously. The Tempest actually has both click indicators and a visual analog indicator as well to make things even easier. In either case, the advantage is that the heat distribution is consistent with an induction heater.

Of course an induction heater adds a bit of bulk compared to a torch but the Wand is rugged and the batteries last a while. Also works in any weather.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Again, not trying to sound completely dumb, but to my knowledge TM2 is mainly convection the way I am using it, with stock stem leaving small gap between the load and the bottom of the glass. I use it like a one hitter, on 7.5 and roll a few large hits not through any other glass as I don't own anything else. I find it's tasty and a nice repeatable experience this way, just searching around for something else and knowledge of what I am currently doing compared to other devices since it seems they are all very different.

Correct TM is pure convection on demand, and there are others like it, but it is maybe the best fully realized version, so you're not really missing anything in that regard and your understanding is correct

Any suggestions for a straight glass stem with glass filter so I can ditch the CU but still cools decent?

I don't think glass filter, if you mean glass honeycomb screen, is good, I think it's much better to use a steel mesh basket or flat steel mesh screen depending on the stem personally... I only use my glass honeycomb WPA for whole nugs or super chunky grind very rarely

If you mean glass filter as in glass cooling instead of the cooling unit, yes there are many options for those now!

The small stock stem and CU is good IMO, occasionally gets hot but not unbearable. I think the CU is a pain to take apart/clean where I am thinking a stem with integrated glass screen and some cooling balls/pills or just longer since I have the 55mm stem would be a lot easier than the CU with o rings and taking it apart etc. Just the HA stems seems expensive to me, but I am also new to the game, maybe its the price of admission.

Yeah exactly, it's effective, but not as nice, annoying to clean and such, much better results with other stems... Even just using plain WPA with basket screen (like the one from Rogue waxworks or stock TM version) through a hook this is great, ideally hook with right angles, you can get Chinese versions that are not very expensive and work well...

Alternatively my favorite are the stems from Good Vibes Boro as they are so easy to keep clean, good cooling and effects, wide variety of styles, my favorite is the U-turn hook stem, but yes these get expensive, when you add colors etc, you can try to keep an eye out or reach out to get clear versions cheaper instead... There are a lot of options and variables, check out hookahheadMD too

Random thoughts/questions
Is a TM2 all convection or somewhat hybrid as well?

100% pure convection on demand (no hybrid no conduction not session style)

What is a DV as it is advertised as hybrid but to me it is way more conduction?

Yep you discovered what most of us have that it is pretty much a conduction unit and I did not enjoy using it (but there are variants competing models now that are more convection instead)

Is a session vape worth purchasing to try out? Never really been a joint person, just pack a one hitter or pipe and take a hit. Chill out come back later for another is my use before vaping.

Because of what you said, I would say no, absolutely not worth trying, they are less efficient, slower, if you don't finish the bowl it is less enjoyable to return... Stick to on demand only :tup:

Can I use the TM2 like a session vape just to get a feel for a session style vape? (I have tried it on session mode but wasn't that impressed as it just constantly toasts the cannabis).

No, as you saw, the session mode is a misnomer, it is really autofire, holding the button down for you... I only use it when I am taking a one hitter through water so I don't have to hold the button down during the hit, I will then turn off the device and continue to inhale so I can fully clear the hit, heat and vapor...

Even in session mode, it is you inhaling the hot air through that is creating the vapor, pure convection, some people try to use the session style in a more traditional sense, and they say it is successful but I would never want to use it that way...

Do I actually need a backup to my TM2?

Well, no, you don't, unless you're worried about something going wrong and being without it? It's good to have backup, I mean I have a few TM, because it is my favorite, but I have plenty of others too that I really like and rotate, so it's up to you how far you want to go (Firewood9 is a really nice alternative that is a bit more conduction oriented too and still on demand... Otherwise Roffu is a solid budget alternative though better with aftermarket glass top imo)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
When you are saying an all glass stem, you mean for the DV right?
Nope, I meant for the TM. The glass stems improve the experience remarkably. Regarding the cost of glass stems, you have to remember that they are hand made and are extremely energy intensive to produce.

I don't do DV anymore, whilst I attribute some of my success of giving up smoking to it I don't enjoy the flavour at all, so mine sits in a drawer. When you were telling about flavour in the OP I misunderstood thinking you didn't enjoy the flavour of the DV too.

Farid

You're definitely correct. I do need to spend more time with it. Been using a small torch so far. I do have a larger torch but I guess I am looking for some videos or a very detailed description to help me figure it out. I also purchased it to be out and about with it, so a large torch would somewhat defeat the purpose if I can't do the same thing with a smaller torch. Really enjoy Lee at tabletop bong but he rarely runs anything without glass, and I don't own any glass other then my TM stem right now. Trying to avoid a bong sitting around as I don't think the wife would approve. He also mainly uses a IH on most of the videos I have seen, so not a great resource for learning on the DV IMO.

I don't think you need a bigger torch, in fact most people find smaller torches the easiest to use.

My biggest suggestion is to just watch some how to videos from a variety of users - including the manufacturer. Everyone has their own style of usage.

If you'd mastered the device and you still disliked the flavor then I'd say move on, but since you said you found it inconsistent that indicates you're still learning it. Once you understand how it works I find consistency is one of the main selling points - especially when compared to unregulated on demand convection vapes.

That's why I disagree with @TigoleBitties suggestion for the time being. Those butane ball vapes are going to be even more difficult to master than a Dynavap. If you get good with the Dynavap and like the on demand butane style but still dislike the flavor then I'd look at graduating to those, but first I'd learn with what you have on hand now.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
+1 on the wand, I was giving away my dynas but got the wand to give them another chance, now I swap around 5 tips caps and stems and enjoy mixing and matching with TM2 stems. The gang of dyna's satisfy my tinker.
Avlp is the 3rd of my trinity, easier for traveling, and the caps swap with TM2!
I'm not interested in a desktop ball vape, what I have hits hard enough! I will probably upgrade to a Tempest and Toad someday.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That's why I disagree with @TigoleBitties suggestion. Those butane ball vapes are going to be even more difficult to master than a Dynavap.
I agree with this statement if we're considering those new devices as only "butane" powered but they aren't limited to torch power which is why I suggested an induction heater. Even if OP sticks with the Omni an IH would probably help with consistent heating. Works well for me.

I do agree with you that it's worth giving the Omni a fair chance before spending on other options.

+1 on the wand, I was giving away my dynas but got the wand to give them another chance, now I swap around 5 tips caps and stems and enjoy mixing and matching with TM2 stems. The gang of dyna's satisfy my tinker.
Avlp is the 3rd of my trinity, easier for traveling, and the caps swap with TM2!
I love my AVLP too and it has an on-demand mode so you can hit it like the TM2 which OP is used to. I didn't suggest it since OP mentioned he liked the format of the DV (similar to one-hitter he was using). AVLP isn't super rugged and not in DV format but it's very portable if you take the appropriate care of it (like the TM2) so it's an option as well.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I will add my two cents as the OP wanted a back-up...Had a few people buy the Roffu as a back-up for their TMs and had a couple like it more. On-demand mode is a bit slower than I would like but it works fine especially if I use the S/S oven with S/S caps when on the go as the added conduction gets the clouds rolling (I use all glass at home with the Roffu for more of a session than blast).
Only just over US$100 when you use the code '2024'

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

martinstraka8282

You could just get another TM2. For powerful convection portables it sounds like it's unrivaled. Many use desktops to beat or rival that kind of heavy hitting convection performance.

And +1 for continuing to try the Omni. That's what I started with for Dynavaps, and I've only ever used induction heaters. I use them daily and have many caps and stems now.

XpeeN

Roffu ..... S/S oven
SS oven? Doesn't it use kanthal like the v3 pro?
Which leads me to my suggestion, I saw you're looking for an out and about vape when hiking,
the xmax v3 pro is another nice convection vape (as well as the roffu, just that the roffu has a silicon issue with the bowl holder AFAIK) that I used as on demand with the session mod (and turned the device off to cool the bowl down). just get spare 18650s (that can be used with the TM2 as well) and you're set. Also, how about direct butane vapes? Nova just having a $100 of beautiful pieces with shells included (which usually costs more), but idk how you'll deal with it as dynavap technique didn't went smooth for u.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Glass or S/S oven/bowl, Kanthal heater.:tup:
Glass oven/bowl,
c6-a48131-5-fbc-4-bfa-8378-5-ca426-d9-ec4-a-jpg.43082

1657084083042-jpg.38114

S/S oven/bowl,
1666412781743-jpg.41327

Also, @XpeeN said,
just that the roffu has a silicon issue with the bowl holder AFAIK
This has been fixed by using a S/S spring retainer instead for an audible 'click' lock into position...no more worn o-ring retainer:tup:

XpeeN

Glass or S/S oven/bowl, Kanthal heater.:tup:
Glass oven/bowl,
c6-a48131-5-fbc-4-bfa-8378-5-ca426-d9-ec4-a-jpg.43082

1657084083042-jpg.38114

S/S oven/bowl,
1666412781743-jpg.41327

Also, @XpeeN said,
just that the roffu has a silicon issue with the bowl holder AFAIK
This has been fixed by using a S/S spring retainer instead for an audible 'click' lock into position...no more worn o-ring retainer:tup:
excuse my morning stupidity lol I meant to talk about the heater but read and written oven :doh:. anyway yeah nice to know the issue was fixed ( I also said silicon instead of oring, damn)
BTW I'd love to know the meaning of the 2nd pic you posted, but it gets irrelevant here so maybe at roffu's thread?

Last edited:
Just going to start this post by saying thanks for all of the very useful information. Great forum this is!

Still a few more questions I have.

I think maybe there's a misunderstanding here. There's a new class of portable ball vapes (Thermal Accumulator, Stunner, Tempest) that can hit hard like the TM but they're in the format of slightly larger/fatter DV. No bong required as the stem does all the cooling.

One other thing, I suggest you try heating with an induction heater (iSpire Wand) for more consistent results other than the learning curve of a torch. This holds true whether you buy a new portable ball vape or you continue experimenting with your Omni. Once you dial in the heating time, it's very repeatable.

I do know about the portable ball vapes like anvil, stunner etc. Kind of wished I would have got that over a DV but I think that is more because I haven't fully figured out how to use it for my liking. I went with the DV because it seemed easier. I think I have watched almost every video in the past year from Lee at Tabletop bong. Shied away because he showed the stunner or anvil and it didn't have clicks which made me try the DV first as it seemed more simple to use.

You seem to be adamant about using a IH. That was my initial thought maybe I should try one. My question is from what I have read if I do like the wand (since it's the most recommended) and decide later to get a stunner or something, it's not capable of heating those is it?

I love my AVLP too and it has an on-demand mode so you can hit it like the TM2 which OP is used to. I didn't suggest it since OP mentioned he liked the format of the DV (similar to one-hitter he was using). AVLP isn't super rugged and not in DV format but it's very portable if you take the appropriate care of it (like the TM2) so it's an option as well.

These comments are exactly why I have been exploring the AVLP. Do you have a TM2 as well? I shy away from AVLP mainly because I hear multiple stories on it's either a pain to clean or easy. I would like to think it is not hard to keep clean with caps or a brick maker. Loading standard grind in it may be a different story? Have you ever tried a brick maker for it? I tried dosing caps on TM2 and wasn't a huge fan. Way easier to just load into the stem and blow it out hot after consumption.

I don't think glass filter, if you mean glass honeycomb screen, is good, I think it's much better to use a steel mesh basket or flat steel mesh screen depending on the stem personally... I only use my glass honeycomb WPA for whole nugs or super chunky grind very rarely

If you mean glass filter as in glass cooling instead of the cooling unit, yes there are many options for those now!

Yeah exactly, it's effective, but not as nice, annoying to clean and such, much better results with other stems... Even just using plain WPA with basket screen (like the one from Rogue waxworks or stock TM version) through a hook this is great, ideally hook with right angles, you can get Chinese versions that are not very expensive and work well...

Alternatively my favorite are the stems from Good Vibes Boro as they are so easy to keep clean, good cooling and effects, wide variety of styles, my favorite is the U-turn hook stem, but yes these get expensive, when you add colors etc, you can try to keep an eye out or reach out to get clear versions cheaper instead... There are a lot of options and variables, check out hookahheadMD too

Tons of great info here! Thank you very much for the responses. You may have actually been one of the posters when I was only reading this forum that made me purchase the TM2.

Anyways, I see you are a J hook/Glass guy. Can you give me any specific model of stem besides a WPA that you would recommend worth the money? Just a straight maybe longer than the standard 55mm stem that would provide similar cooling as that stem with the CU? I just don't think I have the need for a J hook after looking on GVB. The straight style on that website seems more my style just don't care for a teddy bear hanging off the side. I think I will steer clear of glass filters after your comments. I actually have some SS filters that I cut myself that I use in my TM2. They are free because I got some gutter guards put on my house that have SS fine mesh. The installer gave me a long piece of SS mesh I just cut it down to size and actually use my DV to shape it to form fit the glass! Beats having to fight with the small mesh screen in the CU!

Nope, I meant for the TM. The glass stems improve the experience remarkably. Regarding the cost of glass stems, you have to remember that they are hand made and are extremely energy intensive to produce.

True, they are hand made pieces. Guess I just didn't want to spend over $30-40 USD on a stem as that seems excessive after that, but if it's worth it I will pony up. Any links or exact models you could recommend that don't need the CU and still have decent cooling, straight glass no hooks etc?

My biggest suggestion is to just watch some how to videos from a variety of users - including the manufacturer. Everyone has their own style of usage.

I am struggling to find any videos besides Dynavap. Dynavap videos are useful but not truly in depth IMO. Tabletop bong, and maybe Troy and Jerry? I have watched most of the ones listed above. Maybe I goofed up getting the TI omni first? I have been trying to find specific videos on it since it heats up/cools down quicker than the M with SS. Just wondering if you had specific examples?

I'm not interested in a desktop ball vape, what I have hits hard enough! I will probably upgrade to a Tempest and Toad someday.

Another vote for the wand. I may have to bite the bullet. I also like the AVLP comment other then I worry about cleaning on it? Same question as above ever tried a brick maker for it? As I am not a fan of capsules for cleaning.

I will add my two cents as the OP wanted a back-up...Had a few people buy the Roffu as a back-up for their TMs and had a couple like it more. On-demand mode is a bit slower than I would like but it works fine especially if I use the S/S oven with S/S caps when on the go as the added conduction gets the clouds rolling (I use all glass at home with the Roffu for more of a session than blast).
Only just over US$100 when you use the code '2024'

Appreciate this information. Roffu has been something I considered as well because of the same comments I have read on here that TM2 users like it as well. Watched a video on it last night from tools 420 I think. Is it pretty cool with the native stem? That stem is very small but has a cooling "spiral" or something in the mouthpiece right? Do aftermarket stems/WPA replace the mouthpiece? Is that SS spring standard now to replace the O ring?

You could just get another TM2. For powerful convection portables it sounds like it's unrivaled. Many use desktops to beat or rival that kind of heavy hitting convection performance.

And +1 for continuing to try the Omni. That's what I started with for Dynavaps, and I've only ever used induction heaters. I use them daily and have many caps and stems now.

Agreed a second TM2 would probably be ideal. I just like to explore things. As it seems all vapes are different in either huge ways or small ways that can make the experience very different. Just don't see the need to buy a second TM2 when this one has a 10Y warranty. Just need a solid backup in case I have to use said warranty!

Which leads me to my suggestion, I saw you're looking for an out and about vape when hiking,
the xmax v3 pro is another nice convection vape (as well as the roffu, just that the roffu has a silicon issue with the bowl holder AFAIK) that I used as on demand with the session mod (and turned the device off to cool the bowl down). just get spare 18650s (that can be used with the TM2 as well) and you're set. Also, how about direct butane vapes? Nova just having a $100 of beautiful pieces with shells included (which usually costs more), but idk how you'll deal with it as dynavap technique didn't went smooth for u.

I think the roffu would interest me more than the v3 pro.

I think I am staying away from torch powered vapes until I figure out this omni. I guess right now I am between buying a stem or two for my TM2 and maybe with a IH wand for the dynavap OR leaning toward a roffu/AVLP/firewood. At least I've got it narrowed down some. TM2 stems will definitely be on the purchase list either way.

Going to work on the Omni in the meantime (with a torch) and report back when I get some time to mess around with it.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hey @Partialgenious ,

I'll try to address some of your last post as best I can.

Firstly, I think it's wise to continue improving your torch skills with a DV. It's the least costly alternative and the Omni is a quality device. The hybrid (largely conduction I believe) heating and the small bowl size pretty much limits you to about 2 tasty hits and then it drops off. But as @Farid mentioned, this is the case for almost all portables. Taste past 3 good hits in portables is rare and a bit subjective plus you were looking for a one-hitter anyhow?

If you don't find success with the torch, the Wand might be looked at next. The Wand also works great with the Tempest, Stunner, TA and now even the new thermocore anvil (anvil isn't really a ball vape, but similar due to the copper heat capacity) from what I'm reading. It's super versatile.

About these portable ball vapes, due to the air gap between heat source and flower, they are actually in my experience very forgiving when heating with an IH (and anecdotally with torches too from what I've read). The Wand has a timing mechanism so no need to worry about clicks, it's simple.

If you overheat with torch or IH, you won't combust immediately bc of the air gap. You can always take tiny sips, test for charred taste and let it cool down before inhaling.

About the AVLP, I've haven't tried a puck maker but I've compacted flower to approximate it myself and it does keep things much cleaner but not absolutely necessary. Lots of good stuff in the AVLP thread about keeping it tidy. I wipe it down every other use with alcohol wipes and deep clean once every month. Not the tidiest vape but worth it for me for the flavor, battery life, cool hits and versatility.

Good luck!

bobothevaper

Best way to heat a DV for me is low and slow. The longer you are able to heat it up the more heat the tip will absorb. So actually contrary to what some has said you don't need a big torch. You actually need the smallest torch flame you can find. Heat it at the bottom of the bowl and hold the flame at a distance. This way it will take some time before the click, but when it does it will absolutely milk up any water piece. If you go big flame up close it will click faster because the disc inside the cap is warm enough but the bowl itself would not have soaked enough heat.

Or use a Wand. I love my wand. I know there are other heaters but my wand at least pairs fantastic with my caps. I get a low and slow roast and absolutely milked up bongs.

In short, warm the tips as slowly as possible.

Top Bottom