Vaporizing to enhance thinking...

digglover

Hello Everyone-
After reading Carl Sagan's letter on using marijuana, I have been attempting to vaporize to enhance my thought process and creativity. I have always heard how marijuana can improve or alter an artist's ability to paint, make music, draw etc. I am no artist, so these insights and creativity will have to be applied to science based efforts (specifically computer science) (which I would say is potentially just as "artful").

What I've found is that marijuana does provide quite interesting insights for me. However, I can only do this for about an hour? Why? The first hour of my high my mind is alert, awake and quite fluid. The hours afterward it dims, dulls, and slows to a crawl. I find myself unable to pay attention to youtube videos that are longer than 60 seconds, let alone ponder some intangible computer problem. This dullness only curable with a nap I've found.

I typically vaporize with either my iolite or my purple days. My tolerance is pretty low; I only need to vaporize 1 or 2 stems to feel sufficiently high (I rarely get to a 3rd unless I REALLY am focused on it). When I'm trying to alter/enhance my thinking, I stick with 1 stem.

I realize that strains may be a factor, but I don't have access to variety where I'm living. I get what I get :D. It's always mids or better though. But as far as indica, sativa, hybrid - its up in the air.

Other than trying different strains, are their any other suggestions for keeping my head clear for longer than an hour?

I've pondered tossing out my stem after 2-3 hits and then loading a new one, rather than finishing it off with 5-6 hits. My thinking is that I would get less of the sedating elements because their vaporization point is higher than the actives I'm looking for (I think). But does that even make a difference on a fixed-temp vape?

digglover,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Assuming that you're after a more cerebral component to the high, I would restrict the number of hits you take from a fresh load/bowl/trench/etc. Using the first few hits from a fresh 'pack' would give you what you want (I think). On a personal level, I've found that the longer you hit a given bit of weed, the sleepier it becomes.

So, on a guess, let the Iolite heat up a few cycles, load your herb, wait for it to cycle and then hit it until it cycles again. On a fresh load of about 0.1g I get 3-4 perfect hits that taste fantastic, dump the load for ABV, and then reload.

Hopefully you can get what you want.

Tom

tdavie,

moonlit knight

Marijuana does provide help with insights and creativity, but this is counteracted by the mind numbing effects of it, however. I find that if you simply take a small amount compared to what you normally do you're able to be creative and insightful without a foggy mind. You won't feel very high though so it might be an idea to take a small amount, be insightful and then get properly high.

Drinking coffee is also a good way to keep a clear head or smoking (or vaporizing for that matter) tobacco can give you a "clearer" high. It's why it's so much more common in europe to mix tobacco with weed in a joint.

moonlit knight,

Raf007

Retailer
absolutly not ! :)
if you mix tobacco the high is not clearer at all, it's the strait opposit, you get a strong stone effect due to tobacco combustion w.out a filter.
And believe me I smoked w. tobacco for more than 10 years.
Also , all of my friends who smoke w. tobacco on a daily basis find that the high of a vape is clearer and cleaner, w.out exception.

And we all find, that if you smoke a cig after weed it stones you a little bit, but no high there.
ImHo ;)

Raf007,
Top Bottom