Vaporizing and throat irritation

does cannabis vapor irritate your throat?

• Total voters

Ramsin93

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I found this technique that significantly reduces the throat irritation I feel after vaporizing. Instead of inhaling to 100% of your lung capacity, try inhaling to 50% and filling the rest of your capacity with a breath of fresh air which acts both as a coolant to your throat and also pushes the warm vapor further down into your lungs and away from your sensitive throat.

I'll also add that it seems to increase the expectorant effect of vaporizing cannabis as well by forcing the vapor deeper down into your lungs.

organic weed

I have no longer throat irritation because I moved on to sublingual tinctures. I've left vaporisers for the major part. I still do once in a while but the throat irritation was too much for me to handle. Over the long run,I'm wondering if it could develop into other more chronical side effects. I think the vape companies should address this. For the time being, I stick to tinctures and edibles which are giving me a great long lasting run, something I need during specific periods, and limit to the very minimum - a couple of times per month - the vape applying also micro-dosing. I take cannabis as a medicine to relieve anxiety and stress during specific periods and I do not think a medicine should harm us in any way. Hopefully sometimes from now, doctors and vape companies will understand better the reason and will adjust the vapes. Let's remember we'r just at the beginning of a long cannabis run and we still know too little of everything... better to wait and see what science will tell us and suggest.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
THC itself is a natural throat irritant. Inhaling any cannabis, be it smoke, vapor, etc, will irritate one's throat in some way.

There are ways to minimize it of course, but it normally happens to everyone unless you're biologically different in a very rare way. Don't get me wrong, many of us stop noticing it once we get used to it.

C No Ego

THC itself is a natural throat irritant. Inhaling any cannabis, be it smoke, vapor, etc, will irritate one's throat in some way.

There are ways to minimize it of course, but it normally happens to everyone unless you're biologically different in a very rare way. Don't get me wrong, many of us stop noticing it once we get used to it.
how THC irritates creates some of the anti oxidant effects as well ....

Shadooz

how THC irritates creates some of the anti oxidant effects as well ....
How and where thc is an "anti oxydant" ?
Thc is known to be cytotoxic by oxydation, so call it antioxydant...

It doesn't work like metal, and the protective layer given by oxydation

CBD, however, is questioned about it, but only for the neurosystem, not your throat.
But anti-oxydant is mostly a meaningless term when it comes to medical properties..

throat irritation is not due to thc... but oily terps and hot flow...

Cannabinoids just give the dry mouth effect (u get it with edibles as well), which increased irritation.
Cause saliva is the only way ur body have for throat..
I put my tongue up when inhaling, to pass the flow on the saliva gland, and i have no more throat irritation.. (with an herborizer and water j-hook).

C No Ego

How and where thc is an "anti oxydant" ?
Thc is known to be cytotoxic by oxydation, so call it antioxydant...

It doesn't work like metal, and the protective layer given by oxydation

CBD, however, is questioned about it, but only for the neurosystem, not your throat.
But anti-oxydant is mostly a meaningless term when it comes to medical properties..

throat irritation is not due to thc... but oily terps and hot flow...

Cannabinoids just give the dry mouth effect (u get it with edibles as well), which increased irritation.
Cause saliva is the only way ur body have for throat..
I put my tongue up when inhaling, to pass the flow on the saliva gland, and i have no more throat irritation.. (with an herborizer and water j-hook).
THC metabolizes into omega three pathways in the cells .... hence anti oxidant ... THC acts as a minor reactive oxygen species , hence more anti oxidant ... THC increases intracellular ions @ cb1 ( Voltage that needs regulating hence more anti oxidant ) . I could go on there is more ...

Edit - Cytotoxic ? THC supports lipid metabolism in our cells non selectively . THC is a non selective lipid metabolite incapable of forcing into any biochemical pathway in our cells ... it is so good for us it is essential ... THC is an Essential fatty acyl

N acyl ethanolamine pathways , image link https://duckduckgo.com/?q=N+Acyl+Ethanolamine+pathways&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images&pn=1

look up work from Bob Melamede https://canna-sapiens.com/

He explains way better then I how cb1 activation in the central nervous system creates free radical production that cb2 then handles via autophogy/ recycling ... more anti oxidants etc.... he has done many videos too over the years ...

Last edited:

Shadooz

U just mix up everything wrongly..
And end up sounding like a medicinal scammer..
sad :cry:

I will make it clear again, because i need cannabis legitimacy, and so democratic clean view.
but some part have already been talken with u, in a heart thread, which u seem to have forgotten fast.. (memory loss is a sign of chronic acidosis...)

Cytotoxic ?
THC acts as a minor reactive oxygen species , hence more anti oxidant ...
That's the cytotoxic effect...
Which is the total opposite of "anti oxydant".
The part which spread free radicals, after apoptosis.

But as the density of occurence and localisation is still unknown. (I can't use human cobaye yet :rofl:)
It can't be used, or said, as cancer treatment. Where strong enough and localised ammount are needed. But it may be potentializing(ed? Sry french) chimiotherapy, or other treatment...

THC increases intracellular ions @ cb1 ( Voltage that needs regulating hence more anti oxidant
I can only find one study about it,
here it's just for explaining the cb1 reaction with cannabinoid. The way they interact.
Nothing "anti oxydant"

THC metabolizes into omega three pathways in the cells .... hence anti oxidant
The ammount of omega 3 generate by vaping cannabis is just ridiculous...
Even the ammount u eat, is still not enough effective, to be recognized as "anti oxydant".
And so, not used for medical purpose yet

I could go on there is more ...
Just stop the fake propaganda..
I need a true belief.

C No Ego

Not essential,...

Just a key, to symbiosis...
More = specialized pro resolving lipid mediators ... the C-21 Terpenophenolic Meroterpinoids ( C-21 phytocannabinoids ) are Resolvins
again, I'll direct you to Melamede ....

you are completely missing how THC takes the N-3 pathways ,as similar to palmitoylethanolamides.... the same exact pathways in our cells that N-3 takes to make an endocannabinoid signal, phytocannabinoids are bio-mimickers to endocannabinods , the plant cannabinoids too are non selective , non harmful etc..... Ding, Ding

Edit- the anti oxidant effect too is how the pathways that led to oxidation ( free radical production) also have a way to finalize that pathway such as FAAH .... phytocannabinoids are not just making the oxidation and then nothing else ... activating the cell in such a way with elimination pathways , especially how cb2 handles any damages with autophogy is what I'm talking about here ...

Last edited:

Shadooz

you are completely missing how THC takes the N-3 pathways ,as similar to palmitoylethanolamides...
N-acylethanolamine is just another cb1 antagonist. So u mix up wrongly again.
CBD is the cb1/cb2 antagonist.
CBD is mimicking the N-acyl
THC is cb1 only agonist.

"Lipid levels in each cell type were differentially affected by THC, CBD, or THC:CBD with a few exceptions. In all cell lines, THC increased levels of arachidonic acid and CBD increased levels of N-acyl ethanolamines (NAEs), including N-arachidonoyl ethanolamine. More THC remained when cells were coincubated with CBD; however, levels of THC metabolites were cell-type dependent."

But it's just the pathway...
And all Those, make none "anti-oxydant" claim valid. Negligible, if even they're present...
And even less for your throat...

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I'm a little surprised about the throat irritation some are having. I always have a glass of water with me so I don't forget to hydrate, and I find I don't tend toward cotton mouth, or having throat irritation. Can't say I've had anything register as throat irritation at all, and only get cotton mouth if I don't actually drink the water. I do grab a new glass as soon as one is finished, and I keep my vapes, glass, stems, etc. clean.
Since I started vaping, I haven't even had an ear infection, which had plagued me since infancy. Cannabis doesn't seem to suit everyone, so I feel blessed it suits me.

SUPERVaperBros

I'll also add that it seems to increase the expectorant effect of vaporizing cannabis as well by forcing the vapor deeper down into your lungs.
I stumbled on the mouth pull tip a few weeks ago and could not agree more. It causes productive coughs. My lungs feel lighter + breathing fuller. Mostly vape with a vapcap. Have a variety of stems which apply suttle variations. When looking for a smooth, potent hit opt for the no-airport wand from Cloud Emporium. Toss in some degummed hemp fiber in the beaded air chamber it's next level filtration & break up of airflow. In for milky, tasty rips once vapcap gets roastin!
hl-648362750

SUPERVaperBros,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shadooz

I'm a little surprised about the throat irritation some are having. I always have a glass of water with me so I don't forget to hydrate, and I find I don't tend toward cotton mouth, or having throat irritation. Can't say I've had anything register as throat irritation at all, and only get cotton mouth if I don't actually drink the water. I do grab a new glass as soon as one is finished, and I keep my vapes, glass, stems, etc. clean.
Since I started vaping, I haven't even had an ear infection, which had plagued me since infancy. Cannabis doesn't seem to suit everyone, so I feel blessed it suits me.
It's depend of how u use, the device and frequency.

It's simple to understand that frequent hot flow, full of oil, will just fuck your throat. U just move a lung cancer to a throat one.

The reason "vaporisation" can't be use as an heavy way of medication.
Only good for acute relieves, and complementary to sublingual which must be the one fullfilling the most time.
Keep breathing in vaporizer every 20min and u will end up breathing like dark vador..

As the accustoming side effects... vaporisation can't be use, or said to be used medicaly for "insomnia" or "stress", chronicaly..

I have to do a day break every week.
And the day before it, i can just keep crushing bowl straight to high temp, with only light effect...
And the day after that, during my break, i can still feel my throat dry, from all those one hit.. (heavy herborizer).
3 to 5 bowl/day, between 0.06g and 0.09g bowl, a weekly day break, and i already have negative side effects appearing... it's not a huge consomation..

Another reason of throat irritation is due to the subconscious stop of breathing and swalowing.
Normal body reaction to aggressive exogene input, when u're not used.
Different phase of acceptation.
Phase 1 breathing stop, which lead to the "panic attack"
Phase 2 deeper breathing induced by/with bronchodilatation. But saliva swalowing stop with increased dryness of strong breathing.
Phase 3 throat nervous conscious taking back ;)

Stay away from too frequent, hottest and milkiest hits..
And don't forget to breath and swalow :myday:

The most affected people by those effects, are the one who can benefit the most from marijuana

Last edited:
Shadooz,

Green Kiwi

It's simple to understand that frequent hot flow, full of oil, will just fuck your throat. U just move a lung cancer to a throat one.

Only good for acute relieves, and complementary to sublingual which must be the one fullfilling the most time.
Keep breathing in vaporizer every 20min and u will end up breathing like dark vador..

As the accustoming side effects... vaporisation can't be use, or said to be used medicaly for "insomnia" or "stress", chronicaly..

And the day before it, i can just keep crushing bowl straight to high temp, with only light effect...
And the day after that, during my break, i can still feel my throat dry, from all those one hit.. (heavy herborizer).
3 to 5 bowl/day, between 0.06g and 0.09g bowl, a weekly day break, and i already have negative side effects appearing... it's not a huge consomation..

Another reason of throat irritation is due to the subconscious stop of breathing and swalowing.
Phase 2 deeper breathing induced by/with bronchodilatation. But saliva swalowing stop with increased dryness of strong breathing.

The most affected people by those effects, are the one who can benefit the most from marijuana
never ever , came across such disinformation. :popcorn: .

Hilarious, you are French right?
just asking.Man are those French ladies sexy in general:smug:😙.
If yes, if you are French, mate (mon ami)you live in the best place thinkable.

please do also realise the @C No Ego , is one of the very well informed and always happy to share his knowledge on this (best forum I know of....)forum.:2c::peace:.

Shadooz

never ever , came across such disinformation. :popcorn: .
please do also realise the @C No Ego , is one of the very well informed and always happy to share his knowledge on this
That what i think when reading @C No Ego ...
I only post factual truths...
The only ones for now medicaly acceptable.

Which part i've given is disinformation ? Cause it was the "anti-oxydant" part, the disinformation.
@C No Ego is one, if not the only one here, who tried to gather. but still won't ponderate and extrapolate it right.. too confused he is.
Reason of his "anti-oxydant" shortcut.

Hilarious, you are French right?
just asking.Man are those French ladies sexy in general:smug:😙.
If yes, if you are French, mate (mon ami)you live in the best place thinkable.
Def not the "best place", another american like capitalism state...
except food, nothing really different than USA, Canada..
cultural expansion/hybridation is years back.

Sorry if u can't understand my words or misunderstood them, at least education wasn't bad here, in france

Last edited:

daoist

from my own experience i noticed that often the irritation is caused by metal parts in the vapor path.
I ditched the metal screen on my herborizer XL bowl and replaced it with a fritted glass screen So much smoother, the flavour was so intense.

Also if you use hashish instead of flower that is much smoother and more flavour. So the flower causes some throat iritation too.
For flower i use boveda packs 62%RH, that helps a bit as well.

Last edited:

Shadooz

20210730-135738.jpg

Metaphorical ...

From No-one, who've just borrowed somenone's staff

219229-caduceus01_large.jpg

"Sur un chemin, deux serpents se battent alors qu’Hermès s’apprête à croiser leur route. Hermès a la sagesse de ne pas exciter les bestioles ; au contraire, il les sépare à l’aide d’un bâton, apaisant le conflit et réconciliant les deux parties qui s’enroulent autour du dit bâton."

C No Ego

phytocannabinoids instantly start to bind to bile acids and become more mobile that way for dispersion ... tinctures are one way they do that and smoking vaping etc..... any of the quick ingestion methods that allow the phytochemicals to be expressed/metabolized quickly , the tincture' alcohol even opens up the mucous lining to accept the cannabinoids too ., just mentioning that ...
Also , we have not even brought up the patent for anti oxidant cananbinoids , the #6630507 - cannabinoids as anti oxidants and neuroprotectants in our discussion here ... thanks fro explanation in your other post ,,, about to be busy with work so not as available on here to discourse with all you fine folk out in the worlds

Shadooz

we have not even brought up the patent for anti oxidant cananbinoids , the #6630507 -
It's a 1998 patent, which claim CBD use for oxidative counter-activity. As it's known to be antagonist, now.

It's not THC though, and as always, the efficacity is nowhere shown/demonstrate, only claim, which have never been validate since 23 years...

And people feedback, from here, seems to need more thc than cbd when it comes to neurodegenerative diseases, so... still dubious about any medical claim in that way, "anti-oxydant".

Edit +: @C No Ego for the tincture part, fastness of assimilation is already the pro of vaporisation, so when i was talking about complementarity, i was thinking of "extended release" (sry french LP=liberation prolongée) concentrate.
Fastness of tincture or vapor is good to keep for acute symptoms only

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

I vape regularly, and have no issues. With drinking water, keeping the temperature comfortable, and using waterpieces, etc. as needed for cooling, my throat is fine. My lung function has improved considerably since I started vaping, and I'm a regular user. I've used cannabis for stress, insomnia, and it works for me.
You don't seem to be having positive effects, or think positively about cannabis. Is it something you should be using? I wouldn't do it if I thought it was dangerous for my health.

Shadooz

You don't seem to be having positive effects, or think positively about cannabis. Is it something you should be using? I wouldn't do it if I thought it was dangerous for my health.
What the hell make u think i'm not thinking positively about cannabis ?

I see the positive and the negative effects, everything has its price.
And accustoming vicious circle fastly overweight the benefice for insomnia, stress, or recreation.
U're only judge if the cost is worthy, but don't close your eyes on them,..
Passion bring illusion.

We were talking about it's medical usefulness.
I use it recreatively mostly (?only?), now.
I used cannabis for opioid substitution after head trauma and chirugical mistake. I vape since 10 years...

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
What the hell make u think i'm not thinking positively about cannabis ?

I see the positive and the negative effects, everything has its price.
And accustoming vicious circle fastly overweight the benefice for insomnia, stress, or recreation.
U're only judge if the cost is worthy, but don't close your eyes on them,..
Passion bring illusion.

We were talking about it's medical usefulness.
I use it recreatively mostly (only), now.
I used cannabis for opioid substitution after head trauma and chirugical mistake. I vape since 10 years...
I am talking about medical usefulness. I use it medically. I haven't had negative effects, and it's unfortunate that you do, if you do. You having issues isn't me having issues.
I'm not closing my eyes on anything. I've had nothing but positive in my life from cannabis, and I'm speaking about my experience. My lungs are much healthier, and I am happier for it. If I feel my throat is dry, I drink more water, no matter if I'm vaping or not. I've used cannabis for PTSD and it's symptoms, and they are much better. I'm happy, my doctor is happy, and my family is happy about my cannabis usage. With every deep breath I take, I'm thankful for cannabis.

Shadooz

I am talking about medical usefulness. I use it medically. I haven't had negative effects, and it's unfortunate that you do, if you do. You having issues isn't me having issues.
It's all about dosage.
And that means u've found the perfect one for your needs.
Always good, though, to remember/warn people about the cost. your body have warning for that, irritation/cough are one of them, of "over" or "mis" use.
Take it easy.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Odd. Have you never coughed after a large hit?

Top Bottom