Vaporizing and throat irritation

does cannabis vapor irritate your throat?

• Total voters

C No Ego

It's a 1998 patent, which claim CBD use for oxidative counter-activity. As it's known to be antagonist, now.

It's not THC though, and as always, the efficacity is nowhere shown/demonstrate, only claim, which have never been validate since 23 years...

And people feedback, from here, seems to need more thc than cbd when it comes to neurodegenerative diseases, so... still dubious about any medical claim in that way, "anti-oxydant".

Edit +: @C No Ego for the tincture part, fastness of assimilation is already the pro of vaporisation, so when i was talking about complementarity, i was thinking of "extended release" (sry french LP=liberation prolongée) concentrate.
Fastness of tincture or vapor is good to keep for acute symptoms only
if you read further it states that THC does the same thing with unwanted euphoria attatched to the process ... That Unwanted Euphoria YO, Ban IT!

Green Kiwi

from my own experience i noticed that often the irritation is caused by metal parts in the vapor path.
I ditched the metal screen on my herborizer XL bowl and replaced it with a fritted glass screen So much smoother, the flavour was so intense.
:cheers: ,totally agree, with this, for that reason I switched (on following @invertedisdead tip:nod:)I, use a dosing cap reversed on my craft+ and Mighty bowls. this makes a difference , and makes it possible to go screen less. (although still the bottom one.....:hmm:,...any ideas???).
For the Volcano Hybrid I also use the dossing cap top, makes it extract better and for some reason I think smoother, although I only use the volcano over the Obsidian. but I wouldn't by completely surprised if the volcano without that huge stainless steel top chamber and stainless screen, would be smooth enough to enjoy without a watertool.
If I only could find a glassartist that could and would make a glass top bowl with glass screen:drool::ko::2c:.

also love post#51:smug:.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Odd. Have you never coughed after a large hit?
I intentionally cough, daily. It's part of my breathing exercises, and happens with deep breathing, vaping or not. It's easier with vaping, but it's a desired outcome. I have multiple environmental allergies and have seizures with antihistamines, so to avoid getting bronchitis and pneumonia, I cough to clear my lungs, as I can't avoid build up. Vaping calms my lungs if I wake up coughing and choking, so it's used for that, and it helps with inflammation.
Coughing is just Coughing. I can go on my porch for mail and have a coughing fit from pollen. What I no longer have is a need to use a rescue inhaler multiple times a day, or my nebulizer, or five different asthma medications. I no longer have to get to the ER, or be hospitalized for breathing problems. Bronchitis, pneumonia and pleurisy don't happen twice a year. I prefer low temp vaping, but I will heat it up if I want to cough, and I do want to cough. Coughing is not a bad thing. I want my lungs clear.

Last edited:

Green Kiwi

I intentionally cough, daily. It's part of my breathing exercises, and happens with deep breathing, vaping or not. It's easier with vaping, but it's a desired outcome. I have multiple environmental allergies and have seizures with antihistamines, so to avoid getting bronchitis and pneumonia, I cough to clear my lungs, as I can't avoid build up. Vaping calms my lungs if I wake up coughing and choking, so it's used for that, and it helps with inflammation.
Coughing is just Coughing. I can go on my porch for mail and have a coughing fit from pollen. What I no longer have is a need to use a rescue inhaler multiple times a day, or my nebulizer, or five different asthma medications. I no longer have to get to the ER, or be hospitalized for breathing problems. Bronchitis, pneumonia and pleurisy don't happen twice a year. I prefer low temp vaping, but I will heat it up if I want to cough, and I do want to cough. Coughing is not a bad thing. I want my lungs clear.
One the same page @Madri-Gal , I would ton's of medication in the past for my asthma and bronchitis and allergies, but vaping cleared this all up and I can even perform on quiet a high level in my sport(trials).(vaping since 1995 , although I could only quiet combustion completely since the Mighty came out, that was me happy as Larry to vape forever).
It's extremely useful for cleaning and keeping inflammation down!totally agree!
for my the ones high in lemones terps help most.
I don't have to use all those medications from the past any more.

Yes I also use edibles and yes a vape about the whole day,(so easy with S&B portables:luv:.)
And sometimes it happens that supply of medicine is running low so I can't vape all day, well it takes only 2 or tree days from that and I, am coughing sneezing dripping and well just in a "SHIT" spot.

The asthma/bronchitis/empvesimia ,runs in my family bad, Me as a guy whom got a very bad accident when 9, and because of that very serious brain damaged,discovered when I was 17 or 19 I don't really remember, WEED,!!!:spliff::party:. Best thing ever , brain doctor was extremely happy I discovered it myself, because by law (in that time)he was not allowed to suggest it to me.
but he understood how it people with a missing part in the brain(died in the collision)would help to oversee and because of that comprehend what was happening.so on 7 grams on prescription a day I was since then.

Much love to all.

Shadooz

Coughing is just Coughing
Absolutly not.
Lung expectoration is a medical process, with risk, and used for usefull reason.
Controlled by pneumologue.. of only few times a day, 3 separated times max... and not chronicaly to avoid further lung stress.

Cough because of throat irritation is nothing medical. The opposite !
Normal people without lung mucus excess have no reason, and it becomes uselessly aggressive, to cough regularly !
As also expell out cannabinoids...

Most of people here won't even reach their lungs with vapor. Again due to natural unconscious body stop, survival instinct, the "puffer"..
Who never will have usefull expectorant cough. Just irritation reaction.

People with respiratory disease, and control cough are a few, don't cough if u've no underliying condition.
If your cough is "dry", it means it wasn't a good one, just irritation !

Last edited:

Green Kiwi

Absolutly not.
Lung expectoration is a medical process, with risk, and used for usefull reason.
Controlled by pneumologue.. of only few times a day, 3 separated times max... and not chronicaly to avoid further lung stress.

Normal people without lung mucus excess have no reason, and it becomes uselessly aggressive, to cough regularly !

Most of people here won't even reach their lungs with vapor. Again due to natural unconscious body stop, survival instinct, the "puffer"..

People with respiratory disease, and control cough are a few, don't cough if u've no underliying condition.
Absolutly not.

to the last sentence,witch I'm to high to manage to quote, I Totally agree with you.
There needs to be clearing out to be done, so it needs to be productive.(what a disgusting ,LOL tread this is becoming.....:razz::spliff:)otherwise I don't see the use for it either.
I Have indeed a mate whom inhales extremely deep and then coughs his head of but it's a total dry cough, only irritation and irritates me too, super annoying to be honest.
where I would only inhale 1/2 way and then have a few cleaning coughs and then the cough also stops completely.
I think this is also what you mean.:2c::peace:.

Green Kiwi,

Shadooz

I Have indeed a mate whom inhales extremely deep and then coughs his head of but it's a total dry cough, only irritation and irritates me too, super annoying to be honest.
where I would only inhale 1/2 way and then have a few cleaning coughs and then the cough also stops completely.
I think this is also what you mean.:2c::peace:.
In fact i try to ge deeper with years..
I don't know how it can be used as expectorant, cause i never cough, literaly.. (i only got small lonely expectoration cough after a fat meal :lol:, subconscious reaction to avoid food residue)
it's far from medical mucolytics or even simple NaCl solution.

I may keep trying its bronchodilatation effect though. and deeper u go, farer the "glue" will be effective, as mechanical action. And increase assimilation for then thc/cbd neuro/chimical actions.
The issue is not the deepness, is just people trying to go too deep, too hot, too oily, too frequently.
U've got limits, know them.

PS : i'm still waiting from u, which part i gave was "misinformation" ?

Last edited:
Shadooz,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I know. But you said that you've never experienced throat irritation from cannabis, and coughing after inhaling cannabis is caused by throat irritation...at least it's the only kind of throat irritation I've ever experienced from cannabis.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom