Vaporizers and VR - Match Made in Heaven

toecutter

Hey all - I'm a relatively newly minted owner of a VIVE VR headset. I'm not a huge gamer and would never have normally invested in such a (albeit freakin' awesome) expensive toy, but my employer gave us a stipend towards buying one (I'm a game developer).

Anyhow, holy smokes. Not only does it feel like the freaking future, VR is suuuch the stoner toy. I'm not as much into the games, as I am into the experiential and art titles. Here are a couple of amazing apps for stoned enjoyment:

1. Medium VR (actually an Oculus title, but can be run on the Vive with some trickery) - Basically it's a sculpting app. It won't replace any professional packages (Zbrush for instance) anytime soon, but it is absolutely incredible in VR. I run it until my eyes dry out (cannabis and VR can do a number on your eyeballs.) Sculpting creatures in VR has been a blast. Observe your model as 5 inches tall or 20 feet tall. I'm hooked.

2. Universe Sandbox 2 - Essentially a solar system/universe simulator. Immerse yourself in solar systems that have already been created (real and fictitious) or make your own. Either way, you have the ability to launch new planets, and other celestial bodies. The fun comes in when the bodies interact with each other via gravity, sometimes to the point where they collide. Every object can have a tracer, which leads to some amazing patterns. Furthermore, you can scale your system up or down. From diorama scale to full scale. The dynamics between the two is incredible. Oh, and the music is very ethereal/orchestrated. Top Marks!

Apollo 11 VR Experience - Another space app. This one is pretty linear, as it allows you to tag along as an astronaut, during the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. It's nuts. Being a child of the 70s I grew up with stories of the early NASA programs. Seriously, this put tears in my eyes. Loved it.

Anybody else have any titles they'd recommend?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This looks amazing!

I don't want to hijack here, but do you have a recommendation for the best cheap way to get started with VR on an iPhone 7+?

toecutter

This looks amazing!

I don't want to hijack here, but do you have a recommendation for the best cheap way to get started with VR on an iPhone 7+?
Hey! I'm not really sure about iPhone and VR. I know there are some Android headsets, but I'm not familiar with iOS options.

toecutter,
Top Bottom