Vaporizer Suggestions?

cheaman

Hi Everyone,

I'm knew to the whole vaporizing. Mainly interested in purchasing a portable vaporizer that can be used for both dried botanicals and concentrates. I did a bit of research the past few days on some of the Vape Pens & Portable Vaporizers out on the market and wanted some opinions.

My first choice, because of its build and quality, was getting the ThermoVape T1 along with the Thermovape Revolution Dart Kit to have the flexibility to switch from dried botanicals and concentrates. Since Thermo Essence Technologies does not sell them anymore & feel a little sketched out purchasing from other sites, not to mention I cannot find the Revolution Dart Kit anywhere, that kind of factors it out of the equation.

Second choice was the Atmos Raw because it states of having the capability being used for dried botanicals and concentrates. The reason I like this is because it eliminates having to switch back and forth like the Thermovape… But I read it wasn't technically a "vaporizer" due to the fact that it combusts the dried botanicals. And what's the point in that, might as well just purchase a volcano or other bulkier products but that defeats the purpose of being small and portable. Their site shows a new Atmos RX w/ a Dry Herb Attachment (gives you the option to purchase just the attachment or the new AtmosRX kit w/ the DHA) and states it's also good for concentrates but I'm still not 100% convinced. The build looks fairly cheap so that's another factor.

Third choice was the Pax by Ploom. Its sleek, hardly looks like a vaporizer and seems very easy to use but read it is technically made for dried botanicals, so for my needs it falls short.

THE FOLLOWING ARE ALTERNATIVES I HAVE CONSIDERED BUT ARE MADE ONLY FOR CONCENTRATES:

The Cloud | Atmos Thermo W | G-Pen MicroG | Dabr.
Let it be known I do not want to purchase the Cloud because I read the atomizer & cartridge is made out of plastic components and don't want to be smoking plastic. So that is that.
The Atmos Thermo W, MicroG & Dabr look fairly the same, can anyone explain their differences? Does the Atomizer/Cartridge contain fiberglass, solder, or plastic? Are the Atomizers/Cartridges made out of metal as opposed to plastic like the Cloud?

710Pen & 710Pen Mini looked interesting but did not find much on them. So if anyone can clarify that for me that would be great.

Do not like the Omnicron as it contains fiberglass and plastic in the atomizer... Not to sure about the G-Pen products... and rest of I found either did not appeal to me, felt too gimmicky, or fell short in information.

So my question to all of you is if there are any other products out there that is close/similar to the Thermovape T1 & Thermovape Revolution Dart but that can be used for both dried botanicals and concentrates that I have missed? PLEASE keep in mind that I do not want something that does not contain fiberglass, plastic or solder in the atomizer & cartridge.

P.S. - I have actually posted this elsewhere as well but just trying to maximize my responses to help with my decision making in purchasing my future portable vaporizer.

Many thanks,
Cheaman

cheaman,

max

Out to lunch
The Atmos Raw does not get high ratings from users. I'd give that 2nd choice a 2nd consideration.

I have actually posted this elsewhere as well but just trying to maximize my responses to help with my decision making in purchasing my future portable vaporizer.
If you posted it elsewhere on this forum it's been removed. You're currently credited with one post. Cross posting is not allowed here.

"Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations."
http://fuckcombustion.com/rules/

max,

Caulin

My understanding is that there really aren't any portables that can do both well. That being said the thermovape cera can do both if you have both cores. But it's better for concentrated. The da Vinci ascent is coming out next month. It is supposed to do both very well. However nobody has the unit so who knows how it will actually perform. There's a ton of info on this forum. You just have to be willing to take the time and look.

clouded vision

I'm not into concentrates ( very hard to find around me) but my understanding is you will have a hard time finding a vaporizer that will work well for both flowers and concentrates. From what I have read any devices that do both typically only do one or the other very well. The original davinci does both as well but works much better for flowers and I assume the ascent will be similar but like caulin stated no one knows yet because it isn't out yet. I have heard the cera does both well but better for concentrates. depending how much you have to spend I would suggest looking at 2 vaporizers, one purpose built for flowers and one built for concentrates. right now on the arizer.solo thread there are links to deals for as low as 115 and it's a great flower vaporizer but doesnt do oils at all. I'm sure you can get a nice pen vape for your oils ( someone else will have to help with which one though) and the solo for less than the cera with both cores

cheaman

The Atmos Raw does not get high ratings from users. I'd give that 2nd choice a 2nd consideration.

If you posted it elsewhere on this forum it's been removed. You're currently credited with one post. Cross posting is not allowed here.

"Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations."
http://fuckcombustion.com/rules/

If you take a closer look I wrote was my second choice not is my second choice. I also stated the reason why I do not want it because it combusts the dried botanicals rather than vaporize them.

Sorry about double-posting / cross-posting. Will take that into consideration in future posts.

That being said, do you have any recommendations on vaporizers?

My understanding is that there really aren't any portables that can do both well. That being said the thermovape cera can do both if you have both cores. But it's better for concentrated. The da Vinci ascent is coming out next month. It is supposed to do both very well. However nobody has the unit so who knows how it will actually perform. There's a ton of info on this forum. You just have to be willing to take the time and look.

I looked into both. The Cera is a little over my price range & I'm still waiting for the Ascent by DaVinci. I'm looking for something a little more compact and not out of my price range, if that wasn't the case I'd probably for the Ascent (price range) or the Cera (compactness) .

...depending how much you have to spend I would suggest looking at 2 vaporizers, one purpose built for flowers and one built for concentrates. right now on the arizer.solo thread there are links to deals for as low as 115 and it's a great flower vaporizer but doesnt do oils at all. I'm sure you can get a nice pen vape for your oils ( someone else will have to help with which one though) and the solo for less than the cera with both cores

Essentially that's what I'd be doing with TET's T1 & the Revolution Dart Kit. Since they both use the same component (battery power), all I'd need to do is change the top part and be on my way. The Arizer Solo looks great but as I've stated to Caulin I want something a more compact.
Basically I want the build and quality of TET's T1/R-Dart with the portability of the Atmos Raw or Pax by Ploom.

cheaman,

max

Out to lunch
If you take a closer look I wrote was my second choice not is my second choice. I also stated the reason why I do not want it because it combusts the dried botanicals rather than vaporize them.

Sorry about double-posting / cross-posting. Will take that into consideration in future posts.

That being said, do you have any recommendations on vaporizers?
Sorry, should have read that paragraph thoroughly. This part struck me- "The reason I like this ...", and I just skimmed the rest.

If you posted that elsewhere on the forum it was removed because you're only credited with 2 posts.

I don't have any interest in this type of vape, so I can't help you. I do think it's better to avoid brands/models that have been easily converted from e-cig to mj vapor use. They usually don't hold up or perform well. And I would agree that it'll be hard to find one that does plant material and concentrates equally well. Despite what you may read elsewhere, members here do a very good job of finding and popularizing the good ones. Go with whatever gets the :tup: here at FC, and you're much more likely to be satisfied with your purchase.

cheaman

Sorry, should have read that paragraph thoroughly. This part struck me- "The reason I like this ...", and I just skimmed the rest.

If you posted that elsewhere on the forum it was removed because you're only credited with 2 posts.

I don't have any interest in this type of vape, so I can't help you. I do think it's better to avoid brands/models that have been easily converted from e-cig to mj vapor use. They usually don't hold up or perform well. And I would agree that it'll be hard to find one that does plant material and concentrates equally well. Despite what you may read elsewhere, members here do a very good job of finding and popularizing the good ones. Go with whatever gets the :tup: here at FC, and you're much more likely to be satisfied with your purchase.

I think I'm going to save up and get the Cera. I just feel like TET is a reliable company and really puts in a lot of time and effort to create a product. Although the Ascent looks very tempting because its very sleek, half the price and can easily be mistaken for something between the lines of a walkie talkie or case of some sort as opposed to the Cera which looks like a vibrator. I just wish they still made the T1 + Dart Kit.

Also, I'm having thoughts of buying two compact portable vaporizers, one for dried botanicals and one for concentrates. One being the Pax since there's some good reviews out there. As far as something for concentrates I'm still not too sure because there's a lot of mixed reviews. Anybody have some recommendations?

cheaman,
Reactions: ShipDit
Top Bottom