Vaporizer satisfaction

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I have a small collection of vapcaps, a mighty(kind gift from an awesome friend) and a wand. Does the ispire count as a vape?

Thing is, I'm really quite satisfied with them.

Generally speaking, I prefer not to own too many things. Simple and zen brings me joy.

I love keeping up with what's going on in the vape scene and no doubt my collection will grow in time, but there isn't anything that drives my VAS to high enough levels that I'm seriously looking to buy any different vapes soon.

With all that said...... are there many other members out there who are satisfied the vapes they have?

Or am I just a lonely lunatic.... :nod:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have the occasional vape that is s unsatisfying, but I am satisfied with most of the ones I keep. I still enjoy acquiring and trying new vapes. It brings me tremendous happiness to use different kinds of devices and experiences from different makers. That being said I don't really buy the mass market stuff anymore. Not much interesting happening over there as far as I can tell.

Vaporware

Because I know how different vaporizers can be, I have been interested in a lot of them. Everyone I know locally just got their devices from me so I don’t get to try many, but still I only buy a few that I think will fit me well and be a clear upgrade, a significantly different experience and/or fill a different need.

If I had to, I could really be happy with any one of the options I have right now. There are still a few others I would really like to check out at some point, but I don’t need more.

Since I got my Toad I actually haven’t felt a need or much desire to use anything else, but I do think it’s nice to have a desktop option. As far as I can tell, the Nomad/Toad and the Phase 3 V1.8 (high powered desktop with material choices I appreciate) should be seeing the large majority of my use for years to come. :)

I hope that doesn’t mean I disappear from here for long stretches, but that might depend on whether or not I try to build any of my own ideas…other than unique pieces of art and the rare real advance in technology there aren’t many vaporizers I feel the need to follow closely right now.

I guess that means I’m happy with what I’ve got. :)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I own more than I need or use, but not so many that I'm bothered by it. Though I might put a few up for sale. That's also because I have found my Anvil and my TM2 (upgraded from og) together offer me the various styles of vaping that I prefer.

I do find myself more interested in (custom) accessories than I was before. And the Dani made me love the dyna inspired torch vape family it has me interested in that type, so I will probably extend there. Especially if shit can be used interchangeably.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I am a hobbyist and collector. I could probably sell off most of my collection and be happy with 2 or 3 vapes. Part of being in this sphere is knowing there are varying levels of collectors, some able and willing to spend money on vapes that don't necessarily add anything to their collection, while others are in search of just enjoying their vaping experience. Like anything else it's varying degrees to where people fall on the spectrum. If you are content with your vapes and your intention is to gain utility from a learned vape ritual and unit that fits your needs, then you keep doing you.

You always hear VAS and whatever but really it's just the collectors sphere. I always tell people in your position who isn't into the collecting aspect, do your research, and once you feel like you have spent ample time on researching, go back and research again.

My first device was a Fw7 (besides the vapcap), and it was honestly one of the best researched buys. Spend time with the devices you have and really pinpoint what you like and don't like, so if you ever become unsatisfied you can use those dimensions to guide your decision.

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Personally, I'm fascinated by all the solutions to a fairly simple problem, i.e. how to heat herb to vaporize actives. Portable vs. desktop, butane vs electric, conduction vs convection, regulated vs unregulated, native vs glass-- any one variable can change the whole experience.

The Milaana and Splinter might share a heater, but sometimes I enjoy mindfully balancing throat feel, draw speed, and button press for an earned, satisfying hit while others, I just want to press a button and toke until blazed.

So yes, I'm satisfied with my collection, but it's horses for courses and there's room in the barn.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah, in terms of need and satisfied I am good with what I have. Its just fun to try new things so I indulge in the hobby aspects and just snag things that interest me. Maybe I'll discover something that I enjoy even more than what I've got, but its mostly just for fun and to try them.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
When I was first getting interested in cycling some 15 years ago, I was made aware of an equation that was carefully developed, which would help to predict how many bikes one may want to acquire in order to accomplish his or her cycling needs without overspending, in the most accurate way yet available.

The surprisingly simple equation was x = n + 1 , where x = the optimal number of bikes one may need for their own distinct cycling interests, and n = the number of bikes one currently owns.

I strongly suspect that the very same equation will function to aid others here in predicting the number of vapes that will satisfy their VAS, based on their own unique needs and desired vaping experience, while avoiding the pitfalls of overspending.

In this case of course x would = the proper number of vapes one would need to acquire in order to render VAS ineffective, and n would = the number of vapes that you currently own.

I think that this revelation should solve the VAS question for now and into the near future.
At least that's one more mystery now solved! :rockon:

Hmmm...I'm getting good at this figuring out stuff...stuff.
Maybe next I'll use my newfound genius to solve the problem of consciousness :sherlock:
mind blow wow GIF

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I haven't bought any new vaporizer for years now and don't really plan purchasing one in the near future (the TM2 is definitely on the list, but I'm taking my time with it because my TM1 does still satisfy me). I was lucky to be able to test quite a few devices and also found devices that perfectly fulfill my needs pretty early in my vaping career. I love vaporizers and new tech, so I keep reading about them and testing them too when I can. But buying new stuff all the time doesn't work for financial reasons, I need the money to buy running shoes and gear. A good vaporizer doesn't wear out as quickly as a running shoe does. :-)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have at least 20 vapes, and the n + 1 equation has never let me down.
I'd hate to go more than a year, year and a half, without adding some pretty new vape to my collection. Otherwise my collection would never grow much at all.

Though, investing in some good-looking glass-front display cabinets for my vape collection will be in the future.

chimpybits

I browse fc on the daily yet I’ve only used 1 vape daily for years: omnivap + IH (@Pipes). :mental:

Prior to this I used the WS, mV, HR, Air, SSV. I discovered that it’s really about the ritual for me, and I like the VC+IH ritual.

I do follow the TM2 and Toad threads and could imagine getting one for the variety. Ideal though would be an improved IH driven vape (more convection) as I like that ritual most.

Last edited:

PeteyS

I also think of myself as a "minamilist," but find myself constently reviewing and searching up new vapes. I would say that it is one of my top three hobbies at the moment.

As for vapes, i only have three at the moment. I would have to say that my Dynavap is my most loved/hated vape. Im constantly shelving it because i find it gives inconsistent results for micro dosing, but keep coming back to it for its capability to produce the strongest hits out of the three.
I find i mostly use my simple Arizer v-tower desktop with d dave one hitter mod, the most. Its also simple, plugged in power, and extracts 0.05g in one hit. Its also got the coolest vapour path as well when using the whip.

My last vape is the Crafty+, which i also love/hate. Its the easiest vape to use, and is my go-to vape if im going to vape out doors. But its got a larger bowl, and while it extracts perfectly(The best out of the bunch), i don't find it to be nearly as efficient with smaller loads as my other two vapes.

PeteyS

Are you referring to the Woodscents? as its at the top of list for my next vape. That, or a E nano xl, and possibly a IH for the vapcap.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Are you referring to the Woodscents? as its at the top of list for my next vape. That, or a E nano xl, and possibly a IH for the vapcap.
I think he was. I do have to agree that for microdosing nothing beats my woodscents. Half a dyna cap full or so through water milks up my medium rig (6” or so tall?) amazingly well for such a small amount, is an easy one hitter, and seems to be the most efficient set up I have (though a dyna with torch also does very well in that regard).

Flow

SSV for a full satisfying desktop experience… still so versatile to use, to fine tune, to extract slow or fast, small or big bowls… I just use a 14/19 glass adapter and a 14/19 wand with rimmed baskets. On the other end of the whip is a kind of glass "nectar collector" bubbler, wich i use dry !
and if we go out of electricity, let's have a bowl on an OG sticky brick !

Portables vapes took me to dynavap's world and an Airvape Legacy Pro for bateries wich i enjoy very much. well…
In fact, i might be moooore satisfied with a toad or a nomad and an anvil…
Dayum… n+1, here we go again… :)

Top Bottom