vaporizer questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, I am a daily smoker, and I was looking for a more healthy way to consume my bud, so I wanted to buy a vaporizer. Right now, I am leaning towards buying a herbelaire or a da buddha. I need it to be tough, efficent, have a pretty quick heat up time, and to be low maintence/easy to use if very high lol.
I don't want to spend more than 200. 200 would get me a half of dank, so do you think I should just buy a half and smoke it, or buy a vaporizer and save money over the long run? I've never used a legit vaporizer before so I don't even know if I'd like the high/taste, but with dank bud I assume it'd be awesome.

sirsmokesalot,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
I'm just a couple months in to total vaping. I started wtih a Launch Box, which you can get for like $75 if you look in the deals thread.

It was cool but after reading reviews I had to get an Aromazap, because it's really simple, and extremely efficient. If you mix some kief with your bud, you will get blazed off your ass.

I feel like i'm vaping more often than i smoked. It's just so easy- no smell, no hassle, etc. But i'm using so much less weed.

So do it. Make the switch, and you will be so happy with in in the long run.

And I still use my Launch Box on the go; it's tiny, and totally inconspicuous.

Orestes,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Were I you OP I would be sticking with Da Buddah. I think you might prefer something heavy hitting to make the transition if you're a nightly habitual smoker.

The other vapes suggested are good, but for me I would not have found these could substitute my smoking habit, at least at first until I was switch on to vapor. I owned a Volcano and an Iolite but didn't manage to totally kick my smoking habit until I got my Silver Surfer. I've not used a HA, though find bags less like smoking than whips IME. But it seems a well regarded vape.

Da Buddah is easy, reliable and fits your stated needs. And it's a better investment than a half of dank :2c:

WatTyler,

Nycdeisel

hmm... well you said you dont even know if you would like the high. etc etc, but seem committed to buying a good vaporizer for yourself. A DBV would be a nice choice, as would the HA, but they are different units, meant to do different things.

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
First off Welcome to FC! :)

WatTyler said:
Were I you OP I would be sticking with Da Buddah. I think you might prefer something heavy hitting to make the transition if you're a nightly habitual smoker.

+1 here for that. or buy a blemished SSV instead! same money as a brand new DBV.

but i agree you are probably going to want a heavy hitter to bring you over from the dark side :D

before you buy anything know that there is a different vape for a different situation.

some situations i can think of:

MFLB(magic flight launch box) - out and about the streets. the best when it comes to stealth and portability.

SSV(silver surfer)/DBV - Big Cloud producer this is a crowd pleaser and will work well for larger groups. or if you are a chronic like me you might want to use this as your everyday vape :p (SSV also does hash and oils nicely)

volcano/herbalaire/oracle/Extreme q/- for no messing around bags of vapor

Purple Days/MZ/WDZ - for a log vape that will conserve your bud to the max!

anyways I think you have your research cut out for you, but the good news is you already found the best place on the net to read about them all! :) if you need more help be sure to ask and happy shopping!

weedemon,
Thanks for all the replies. The mflb does look cool, but for a heavy user, it seems the batteries could get annoying. Just curious, if you were to just use the da buddha, or just the myrtlezap, for a whole day, by yourself, how much of high quality bud would you use in each one? I know the myrtlezaps more efficient, but is it a major difference? Right now I am leaning towards da buddha the most, but if Myrtlezap would use half the amount the da buddha uses, I'd buy that.
The ssv looks cool as well, but the da buddha is a lot cheaper(for a brand new one), and unless the ssv is a very dramatic difference(which it doesn't seem to be, but I could be mistaken), I'd get the da buddha over that.

sirsmokesalot,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yeah, I think you probably could use half the amount in a day with a log vape (zap/pd). But then it also will take you twice as long (IMO) to get really high with a log. It gets you where you want to be, but more 'creeper' style. You will need to do a lot more 'sucking' on a log vape than a buddah to get where you need to be if you've got a higher tolerance.

I use a log through the day, and love it, but really find that at night I just can't help but turn on my SSV for real satisfaction. Much as I love it, I don't think that only owning a log vape would meet my own needs.

WatTyler,

momatik

I agree with WatTyler. You will be more satisfied with a Da Buddha or SSV making the transition from smoking. And the units hold their value if you decide to sell later.

momatik,

Tuck

Switching from smoking to vaping with my ssv, I found that I cut my consumption in half. The dbv and the ssv are very similar, but ymmv.

Tuck,

weedemon

enthusiast
WatTyler said:
Yeah, I think you probably could use half the amount in a day with a log vape (zap/pd). But then it also will take you twice as long (IMO) to get really high with a log. It gets you where you want to be, but more 'creeper' style. You will need to do a lot more 'sucking' on a log vape than a buddah to get where you need to be if you've got a higher tolerance.

this is very true and needs to be outlined! :D

sometimes it can feel like a chore to get high when using a log if going from sober - blazed

once i already have herb in my system though then a log is quite nice :)

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
do you think I should just buy a half and smoke it, or buy a vaporizer and save money over the long run?
Hey, you're at fuckcombustion.com. I doubt you'd get any votes for continuing to smoke.

...but for a heavy user...
If you consider yourself to be a heavy user, I'd get a heavy hitter. The DBV is selling faster than they can make 'em, so I'd get one at a good price- eBay or use a dealer offering discount codes for FC members - discounts

If you decide vapor isn't for you, you should have no problem reselling your DBV for a good price. I would highly recommend that you go with vapor only for a while, and don't smoke, if you really want to give vaporizing a serious try. You'll find that vapor is a cleaner high, with less of the couchlock you get with smoke.

max,

Nycdeisel

Seconded, you really have to break from smoking and only vaporize for a while, to get the feel for it.

The MFLB is good, so is the PD and the Zap, as well as the DBV, I own them all! however like already stated, different units are meant to do different things.
I love my PD, I could use it all day, and I honestly would use a LOTTT less then with the DBV, in fact, I went from using my DBV everyday, then to my PD, where I used about half as much as I put through the DBV.

I think you would like the DBV to start, and get a log later on like I and many others did. plus, it will help you appreciate the log more IMO if you use a heavy hitter thats not as efficient first, and THEN make the transition.

whatever you choose, goodluck, and enjoy your stay here at FC, stick around! :)

Nycdeisel,
Thanks for reply. I think I am going to go with DBV. It is still much more efficient than smoking(right?), and If I'm looking to get high, I'd rather be able to pack 1 small-medium sized bowl in dbv vs 4 or 5 really small bowls in myrtlezap, at the cost of efficency. If I do happen to not like it, do you think I'd be able to sell it on ebay or craigslist for the same amount I bought it for? sorry for all the questions.

sirsmokesalot,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
Also, if you smoke pipes a lot, consider the vapor genie. Dont let the learning curve scare you. took me 2 bowls tto get it right thanks to FC. And it gives you the physical association of hitting a pipe, but inhaling vapor. buddy...it can riiippp too. That was my transition piece. a year later i bought a zap. I was skeptical at first that the vape high would satisfy. not to worry, it will, especially if your lungs are irritated with smoking. youll feel the difference in your lungs with one sesh. i did, usually while that high my lungs felt like hell, but not after the vape sesh. plus the genie is only 55$ you could buy that and a quarter and an eighth. if vapor suits you, move up to a nicer piece. Whatever you decide, you have made a very wise choice to look into it, and especially to look here. :D

fiarrhea,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
^^^ I will second fiarrhea's suggestion. A vaporgenie would be a great transition piece, just because The process and ritual of using it are so similar to using a combustion pipe. And if you use it with propper technique, it can produce super thick, tasty vapor that will almost feel like smoke in your lungs. Then you"ll remove the flame filter only to reveal that you haven't even scorched your bud at all! I have a zap too, and I love it, but when I want to really get some huge lung busting rips, I reach for my genie every time. Glad to see more people making the switch to vapor! Your gonna love it, your taste buds and lungs will thank you.

p.s. Do you really pay $200 for a 1/2 zip, sirsmokesalot? We pay about half that out here, and that's for the best of the best.

Albert Hofmann,
Well, I wasn't even looking at vapor genie, but I am now. That would be a nice first vaporizer though. It's looks like it has a learning curve, but I always smoke out of a spoon pipe, so i'm sure I could figure it out. Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I have some stuff to look Into. I'll definitely use this site for my research, as it has the most info all together in 1 spot. Thanks again.
Oh, and actually, a half costs 230-260 for most people in my town, but I have a good hook up, so I get it for 190-210. I know, it's terrible prices. But for my area, a half for 200 is cheaper than all my friends would pay.

sirsmokesalot,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Honestly, if you are a heavy user, Just go with DBV. It is low cost and will honestly get you has high as a blunt for the amount of a skinny J. You can get 2 or 3 friends together and all throw in .1 or .2 and all get really really stoney and have a bowl that goes for 30 minutes. The Vapor Genie might night work out for you...it does have a learning curve and no portable (yet) hits like a good desk top whip vape.

If you are going to lay down the cash for a vape, just do it right the first time.

Just my :2c:

finchrock24,

Qbit

cannabanana
sirsmokesalot said:
Well, I wasn't even looking at vapor genie, but I am now. That would be a nice first vaporizer though. It's looks like it has a learning curve, but I always smoke out of a spoon pipe, so i'm sure I could figure it out. Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I have some stuff to look Into. I'll definitely use this site for my research, as it has the most info all together in 1 spot. Thanks again.
Oh, and actually, a half costs 230-260 for most people in my town, but I have a good hook up, so I get it for 190-210. I know, it's terrible prices. But for my area, a half for 200 is cheaper than all my friends would pay.

Well, wait till you have your DBV before deciding on your portable vape. The problem with the VG is that you're sucking in butane exhaust, which, depending who you talk to, may or may not be something to be worried about.

Check out the Magic Flight Launch Box and Lotus vape threads. The MFLB is AA battery powered, and is, it seems, the most popular vape on these boards. The Lotus is a more recently released product, but has some serious fans. Like the VG the Lotus is also a pipe you heat with butane, but you don't inhale the exhaust.

Qbit,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I went with the HerbalAire. I smoked daily, about 10 years. .5 to 1 gram a day in a glass bowl. I use the HA direct draw, and don't even miss combusting. Still new to it, but I can see cutting my use in half as soon as I get it dialed in. Only vaped I've used, so can't tell you which way to go, but I'm happy. I was worried about the transition, but it was easier than I thought. A vape is a great investment. Especially if you are going to continue daily use. My next one will be a Purple Days I do believe.

Magic9,
Magic9 said:
I went with the HerbalAire. I smoked daily, about 10 years. .5 to 1 gram a day in a glass bowl. I use the HA direct draw, and don't even miss combusting. Still new to it, but I can see cutting my use in half as soon as I get it dialed in. Only vaped I've used, so can't tell you which way to go, but I'm happy. I was worried about the transition, but it was easier than I thought. A vape is a great investment. Especially if you are going to continue daily use. My next one will be a Purple Days I do believe.

I use a glass bowl as well. I smoke about .5-1g of dank a day. So if I got the herbelaire or da Buddha how much do you think I'd go through a day? Would I use a significant amount less?

sirsmokesalot,

max

Out to lunch
Would I use a significant amount less?
Since vaporizing is more efficient than smoking in delivering THC (especially if you incinerate your bowls instead of just lighting them), most people use considerably less when vaping. But nobody can tell you how much less you'll use. It's a very individual thing. Some people enjoy vaping more than smoking and end up using more with a vape, at least initially. And if you're using a vape to try and achieve the 'smoke high', you could easily use more.

herbelaire or da Buddha
As a user of both, I feel comfortable saying you'd like the DBV better if you're after thick hits.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom