Vaporizer Purchase Question

andrew`124c41+

I am a semi retired physician with some of my own medical issues for which I am empirically trying various combinations of cannabinoids to alleviate.

I had to laugh when I first walked into a dispensary. The last time I had indulged was in 1969. Heck, the illegal stuff was cheaper!

Sorry for the digression. At this point, for what I am doing, vaping flower appears to be the safest, most. controllable dosing method.

The device I have now is a G Pen Dash. I have to admit it works fairly well. I have even been able to use an adapter to use it with a small bong/bubbler/diffuser to minimize throat and bronchial irritation.

This brings me to my question. I am looking for a better flower vaporizer that I can run through my glass (14 mm.)

I want the vaporizer to have prescise temperature adjustment. I am concerned that a lot of these may display temps that are not accurate.

I have been looking at the e-mini I think it is called....but I can't tell if you can dial in exact temps or is it just a dial. I have not been able to get a hold of their customer service which is a bad sign. It is also plugged in which is not my preference.

I have been looking at the Arizer Air 2 because there is a conversion tube....but I have read it is difficult to draw from through a bong.

So, any recommendations for a vaporizer meeting my requirements (if it exists) would be helpful.

I may have made a mistake in getting a simple, small bong...it may not filter enough. But, having the right vaporizer might help.

Also, I have experimented with both concentrates and vape cartridges. I can use both with water filtration but accurate dosing (at least for me is more difficult because I am looking for lower THC and higher CBD ratios.)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Welcome to FC! Hope you stick around, this is the far better resource than any dispensary or a head shop, it's unfortunate you had to start with a g pen but you are not alone, I also would not suggest any of the ones you mentioned but instead:

Xmax V3pro, on demand pure convection, also can be used session style, with a 14 mm WPA, also you can get the Fury 2 WPA which will work with any female glass size and has a glass bowl you can fill more like arizer style for another experience with it (Note it is more powerful and much more open airflow than Arizer, Arizer is more session conduction style with a little bit of hybrid convection, Xmax V3 pro has a even less hybrid session conduction it is more on demand convection even when used session style) alternatively xmax fogpro is only session style convection, it might appeal to you more although I think the V3 pro sounds more up your alley for water use... Check out those threads, there is even a comparison thread for them, but also @LesPlenty uses his V3 pro through water a lot and did videos I think in that thread...

Also keep an eye on the tetra P80 thread, or the Reddit EntExchange for a used one because the maker does drops several times a year, but they sell out within minutes, so if you read the thread you can see the best way to score one and know when the next drop is etc... It is pretty fantastic for a ideal water vape portable, pure convection on demand with a cruise feature, so I keep mine running and remove it from the bowl like it is the lighter smoking a bong, it uses an e-cig mod configured to temperature control the heater, full digital range, it has a lot of other features, so yeah read through that thread as well and put it on your wish list to save up for someday! Talk about open air flow...

There are other options that are easier to acquire than the tetra, but they will not be as simple for you, some of them do not have temp control digital precise like you want, and some of them can have it but will require you to configure and set it up yourself... You could look into the CosmicXtractor as an alternative option, it is based off of the discontinued splinter, only the maker configures them to run temp control as well and can sell you a complete ready to go built unit... But it won't have that all in one polished look... The new Herbie V2 certainly does but also requires configuration like others I mentioned...

Otherwise you would enjoy other session style devices I'm sure, I'm not a fan of the mighty but many people are and it can be configured to water quite effectively, the Da Vinci IQ2 it's also a really nice session conduction device that has an airflow dial and also connects to water easily... Best of all though might be the healthy rips rogue, for this style of device, session style hybrid convection conduction, easy water connection, digital temp control... Very effective though just not my favorite personally?

Yeah the Rogue might be more your speed than the X-Max V3 pro even possibly... Fury Edge is more comparable being smaller, so the rogue probably being a little larger would give you the most without spending too much??

Not sure if you want to look to plug in units, but there are even more options there...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what

Shit Snacks

Thanks. Good question. It is just for myself and I have found that very small amounts of flower are effective which is why the nano (lol, not mini) seems like it might work. What is the V3?

That is the first one I suggested, X-Max V3pro, and yeah for your tolerance and desires it is pretty perfect actually

Otherwise yeah I think you can look to the fury edge as a comparison point if that interests you more...

andrew`124c41+

That is the first one I suggested, X-Max V3pro, and yeah for your tolerance and desires it is pretty perfect actually

Otherwise yeah I think you can look to the fury edge as a comparison point if that interests you more...

But, I want to run it through water filtration. None of these units can do that.

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

But, I want to run it through water filtration. None of these units can do that.

You are 100% incorrect! Please read what I wrote more carefully...

Every single unit I listed in my other post can run through water including the two in the post you replied to LOL

Do some research, I don't know where you are, but it is pretty easy to order these things online, but yeah it depends where you are, check the threads I linked to see the best place to buy for you... There are several listed in the XMax thread that also carry the WPA (Yes this stands for water piece adapter sorry) or as I said order the fury 2 WPA as well...

And the fury edge and rogue are also readily available many places that sell all the accessories for them, do a little research looking up these models and see which style you think you will like best, the X-Max V3 pro is very new but very good!

darbarikanada

I'm a big fan of the mighty. temperature control to individual degrees. bong adapters available if you want water filtration. portable. at the moment you can get the older version for ~$270 since they just introduced a new model. one of the more well-known online vape reviewers (troy @ 420 vape zone) thinks the old version is actually a better value, doesn't think the quality of the vapor is any better with the new one.

I've had mine for 7+ years, have tried a few others, but nothing's come close. you can vaporize concentrates like hash or wax in it (being able to actually taste hash is a pleasure!). if you're concerned about titration, you can use a scale; I put small amounts (e.g. .04g) of wax/hash in mine all the time (it comes with a 'liquid pad' - scrunched up wire - that you put in the bowl; you put the wax on top or the hash underneath). the results are very consistent, so it should work well for your purposes.

but all that leaves out why I like mine so much:

- extremely cool vapor (without using water)
- easy draw
- no 'learning curve': it just works. no special grind, special tamping, etc.
- not fussy. you don't have to stir it mid-bowl, and the weed is always evenly spent (no hot spots or leftover green stuff)

check www.vapospy for good deals

good luck!

Last edited:

Petetbay

I like the Mighty, just purchased the OG(original non-plus) Mighty a month ago after wanting it for a long time and could now afford it at the new lower prices. If you can afford it and it’s your primary device the Mighty+ is a better device for convenience as it has USB-C, the aluminum bowl is now sealed in ceramic and is more efficient in that it heats up faster without using more battery. It’s vapor is pretty well the same.
The Mighty is a certified medical device so it’s easy to use, efficient and you can use the pods for doses. Hard to beat this thing, doesn’t do small amounts too easily, but can be done with pads or glass bowl reducers. It vaporizes the same every time, dependent on the temp you select and how you draw which very open, pull easy or hard it will do it either way.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
doesn’t do small amounts too easily
Yeah, it's maybe the worst portable for microdosing, which was something the OP specifically wanted to do.

I think the Xmax V3 Pro is an easy choice here: it's so affordable, the materials are safe, it's truly on demand, and it has precise temp control and an adapter for the OP's little water piece.

If you were thinking of spending Mighty money I'd recommend the Tinymight over any of the old, slow plastic session vapes from S&B. The Mighty+ still has a plastic vapor path too, gross!

Edit: just so you're aware @andrew`124c41+ the common vapes you'll find in reviews and for sale online from Arizer and S&B are very old and dated designs with smaller, weaker heaters that take a minute to heat up. The Air, Solo II, Mighty, and Crafty (also the Rogue from HealthyRips) are all session vapes: you turn them on, wait for thirty seconds to a minute as they warm up, and then take all your hits inside a period of five minutes or so while the little oven is roasting your flower the whole time.

Nowadays, vapes like a V3 Pro set a new standard for what you can expect from an affordable portable. For example, not one of the session vapes listed above is as cheap as the V3. Also none of them has a replaceable battery like the V3 does. Last but not least, the V3 and fancier portables like the Tinymight are on demand, which means they heat up in just a few seconds and you only engage the heater during your hit (and maybe for a few seconds after you let go of the fire button).

The Tinymight has a more powerful heater and has been the gold standard for a single battery on demand portable for a few years now. Other portables like the Tetra P80 would be right up there if you only rated them on performance, but the P80 costs about a hundred bucks more than a TM and is only available in small batch drops every few months that sell out in minutes.

Part of the appeal of the V3 as a second try at a first vape is that it shows you what kind of performance you can get for $110 in 2021

Last edited:

angular ocelot

the op stated that temperature control was important in their choice so i dont know why people keep recommending convection only vapes.

angular ocelot,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I can't condone a $275 Mighty purchase in 2021 but plastic airpath notwithstanding it does have much more pleasant draw resistance than anything from Arizer

That V3Pro sounds like a hell of a vape, l’m gonna throw out all my vapes and pick up one those, it sounds magical. :bowdown:
Less 24-carat magic and more hundred dollar clown-at-a-kid's-birthday magic

Glorg

Last but not least, the V3 and fancier portables like the Tinymight are on demand, which means they heat up in just a few seconds and you only engage the heater during your hit (and maybe for a few seconds after you let go of the fire button).

My v3 heats up at the exact same speed as my rogue, 22 seconds range, I find the claims of it being a true on demand over stated, a vleaf go heats up in 3 seconds in comparison. It’s a decent vape but it’s far from magical.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
the one place I know carries in the states is Planet of the vapes
xmax-v3-pro-vaporizer
but I don't think they carry the wpa. you can email them and ask if/when it will be available. as @Shit Snacks said the fury2 wpa does work and is available in many stores in the states.

if you really want the x max one both Vape parts mart and Vape north in Canada carry them and ship to the states, they also have the vape it should go without saying.

andrew`124c41+

Welcome to FC! Hope you stick around, this is the far better resource than any dispensary or a head shop, it's unfortunate you had to start with a g pen but you are not alone, I also would not suggest any of the ones you mentioned but instead:

Xmax V3pro, on demand pure convection, also can be used session style, with a 14 mm WPA, also you can get the Fury 2 WPA which will work with any female glass size and has a glass bowl you can fill more like arizer style for another experience with it (Note it is more powerful and much more open airflow than Arizer, Arizer is more session conduction style with a little bit of hybrid convection, Xmax V3 pro has a even less hybrid session conduction it is more on demand convection even when used session style) alternatively xmax fogpro is only session style convection, it might appeal to you more although I think the V3 pro sounds more up your alley for water use... Check out those threads, there is even a comparison thread for them, but also @LesPlenty uses his V3 pro through water a lot and did videos I think in that thread...

Also keep an eye on the tetra P80 thread, or the Reddit EntExchange for a used one because the maker does drops several times a year, but they sell out within minutes, so if you read the thread you can see the best way to score one and know when the next drop is etc... It is pretty fantastic for a ideal water vape portable, pure convection on demand with a cruise feature, so I keep mine running and remove it from the bowl like it is the lighter smoking a bong, it uses an e-cig mod configured to temperature control the heater, full digital range, it has a lot of other features, so yeah read through that thread as well and put it on your wish list to save up for someday! Talk about open air flow...

There are other options that are easier to acquire than the tetra, but they will not be as simple for you, some of them do not have temp control digital precise like you want, and some of them can have it but will require you to configure and set it up yourself... You could look into the CosmicXtractor as an alternative option, it is based off of the discontinued splinter, only the maker configures them to run temp control as well and can sell you a complete ready to go built unit... But it won't have that all in one polished look... The new Herbie V2 certainly does but also requires configuration like others I mentioned...

Otherwise you would enjoy other session style devices I'm sure, I'm not a fan of the mighty but many people are and it can be configured to water quite effectively, the Da Vinci IQ2 it's also a really nice session conduction device that has an airflow dial and also connects to water easily... Best of all though might be the healthy rips rogue, for this style of device, session style hybrid convection conduction, easy water connection, digital temp control... Very effective though just not my favorite personally?

Yeah the Rogue might be more your speed than the X-Max V3 pro even possibly... Fury Edge is more comparable being smaller, so the rogue probably being a little larger would give you the most without spending too much??

Not sure if you want to look to plug in units, but there are even more options there...
My goodness. Thanks for all of this. You surely have a lot of knowledge about all of this. Prior to my present medical issue, the last time I indulged was the summer of 69... Woodstock... Bambu rolling paper lol. 100 percent combustion!

Shit Snacks

My v3 heats up at the exact same speed as my rogue, 22 seconds range, I find the claims of it being a true on demand over stated, a vleaf go heats up in 3 seconds in comparison. It’s a decent vape but it’s far from magical.

Well On Demand, actually has nothing to do with heat up time, there is instant on demand, and there is on demand, if you plug a log vape in once it is warmed up it is an on-demand vape, that is how you use it, it is not a session vape... So yeah V3 pro is still on demand and the rogue is still session... Heat of time is also dependent on the temperature used and even how you hit it sometimes. On demand means it is only extracting the herb at your demand, session style is constantly cooking the herb for you.

My goodness. Thanks for all of this. You surely have a lot of knowledge about all of this. Prior to my present medical issue, the last time I indulged was the summer of 69... Woodstock... Bambu rolling paper lol. 100 percent combustion!

Haha what a place to do it though, there was no option to use a portable vaporizer there then, although some could have been, we did not have the batteries back then... This is all our pleasure my friend, you see we like to share our knowledge, many of us have been vaping for many years, and have tried many many many different vapes, let us help you!

I really think your choice comes down to xmax v3pro and fury edge for your needs, on demand verse session style, these are very effective budget vape options with digital temp control, adapters to connect to a water piece, nice microdose bowl sizes, and pretty simple to use... The POTV One it's similar to the Fury Edge so if you want to just look at one store in the US, Planet of the Vapes, to compare those two options, that could be good, but yeah you'll have to get the water piece adapter somewhere else I guess for the Xmax, I don't think POTV sell the Fury 2 WPA either... I think they are much more bang for your buck than any Arizer or S&B

Glorg

Well On Demand, actually has nothing to do with heat up time, there is instant on demand, and there is on demand, if you plug a log vape in once it is warmed up it is an on-demand vape, that is how you use it, it is not a session vape... So yeah V3 pro is still on demand and the rogue is still session... Heat of time is also dependent on the temperature used and even how you hit it sometimes. On demand means it is only extracting the herb at your demand, session style is constantly cooking the herb for you.”

I still find this a stretch still basically your arguing the difference between turning the rogue off and not. They both heat the stainless chamber enough to cause some degree of convection at that point, and both can just be turned off after taking a hit post reaching temp. So again I just feel like the on demand mode of the xmax is the equivalent of just holding the button during “session”, with the xmax I still rather just use session and turn it off when I feel like vs holding a button for the 30 second cutoff and re pressing it for another 30 ( 22 second heat up + my hit time) which feels annoyingly long to be pressing a vape, using the desktop example isn’t really accurate either as a log is just an entirely different concept.

Top Bottom