Vaporizer pricing strategies?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Can we start a thread in the Classifieds for a price check?
Sanity price check? LOL!

It would be great to be able to have feedback on a setup we have for sale and the member input would be valuable in assessing a vaporizers price.
Newer vapes are a bit easier but when we get to older vapes possibly not manufactured anymore, there can be quite a gap from what the seller is looking for and what the potential buyer is wanting to pay.
Sometimes it can be too far apart and a deal cannot be made.

We all would like to be able to sell our used vapes without feeling like we have to justifying the price to the buyer.

Any thoughts on this?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Can we start a thread in the Classifieds for a price check?
Sanity price check? LOL!

It would be great to be able to have feedback on a setup we have for sale and the member input would be valuable in assessing a vaporizers price.
Newer vapes are a bit easier but when we get to older vapes possibly not manufactured anymore, there can be quite a gap from what the seller is looking for and what the potential buyer is wanting to pay.
Sometimes it can be too far apart and a deal cannot be made.

We all would like to be able to sell our used vapes without feeling like we have to justifying the price to the buyer.

Any thoughts on this?
I do like the Price Check channel on the Entexchange discord for this.

I would worry that having a price check thread here would just be a way to work around the Classifieds rules and could potentially lead to scams.

I do think comments should be enabled on Classifieds with simple rules about thread crapping, etc.

Anyway not all that helpful feedback from me 😀

lazylathe

Almost there...
I do like the Price Check channel on the Entexchange discord for this.

I would worry that having a price check thread here would just be a way to work around the Classifieds rules and could potentially lead to scams.

I do think comments should be enabled on Classifieds with simple rules about thread crapping, etc.

Anyway not all that helpful feedback from me 😀
Price check works quite well for newer vapes!
I was thinking it would be just for pricing.
Post a pic of the setup and ask for prices. No sales or anything like that, we have the classifieds for that.
Of course there would be rules to prevent anything bad going down.

Possibly OP can only post the image with a description and then they are locked from replying, only members with 50 posts or more could join and comment on price only.

Basically just vetting the price before posting to the classifieds.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Possibly OP can only post the image with a description and then they are locked from replying, only members with 50 posts or more could join and comment on price only.
I had this same thought a second after I posted my message. That's probably the solution.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: lazylathe

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it could be a good idea to get organized like that, sometimes people ask in product threads, where that can also be a good place to research as some people post prices, but I have never had that much trouble pricing my own things, fortunately the more elusive artisan vapes I've sold have been more direct through friends, so I didn't have to post here though I would have felt okay about pricing to do so being aware

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't get it.
Decide what you think it could bring, or how much it would take for you to part with the item.
The 'market' will tell you soon enough whether your price is gonna lead to a sale, or whether you should lower your price. Or keep the vape.
Comments aren't allowed in Classifieds, but you can ask in your offering for folks to give you some feedback about the deal you post, eh?

Or, post it with no price, the Best Offer route. Sealed bids! Silent Auction!

Last edited:

Chainfish

I don't sell due to fact I believe they worth more to me than the potential 2nd hand value. The issue being, especially with old vapes unable to get now, 2 persons values could be vastly different. Would love some of the older log vapes and when circumstances allow, would pay a tidy sum and reckon my appraisal may be way above others not into logs so much. If X is 100rrp new, then you can probably get in in sale at 75, so 2nd hand value be less than 40 imo, others opinions will be vastly different

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don't sell due to fact I believe they worth more to me than the potential 2nd hand value.

That’s a good point, I don’t sell much for that reason. And when I occasionally sell something, I price it so it SELLS. I find at least on this site people ask far too much for used items. In many cases one should consider a 30-50% loss after buying a product, no matter how “little” they think it’s been USED. When I’m considering a “used” buy, I ask myself, if I’m not saving a considerable amount, why not just buy it new, with full warranty, and no guesswork on how it was used and maintained, along with any and all accessories that were originally included. Obviously, hard to find, or desirable out of date or discontinued items have a different scale. I’ve had some good buys here from users that “get it”, when dumping unused devices, so always worth checking. If no one has shown any interest for awhile, consider the lowest you are willing to accept.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I don't sell due to fact I believe they worth more to me than the potential 2nd hand value. The issue being, especially with old vapes unable to get now, 2 persons values could be vastly different. Would love some of the older log vapes and when circumstances allow, would pay a tidy sum and reckon my appraisal may be way above others not into logs so much. If X is 100rrp new, then you can probably get in in sale at 75, so 2nd hand value be less than 40 imo, others opinions will be vastly different

I guess this is me exact feelings on the subject as well.
It's worth more to me sitting in a drawer when the gap is too large.

Lately the cost of shipping items has also vastly increased. I do not consider this aspect to be part of a vaporizer sale.
It is a cost in of itself on top of any duties required by your country.
Shipping something heavy can be half the cost of the vape itself.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I usually request shipping be covered, but always willing to work with people, depends where it is going really, like international I always want them to cover it, but I understand they would factor that into their total cost ultimately, as that is often what I do when deciding on a purchase?

So true, most everything sparks joy, makes it really difficult to part with things that don't even see any use at all... But if you can get something into a good home, that can be a special reward, the feeling of hooking up another FC member, when you know they will put it to good use and for the appreciate it perhaps more than you ever could!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I guess this is me exact feelings on the subject as well.
It's worth more to me sitting in a drawer when the gap is too large.

Lately the cost of shipping items has also vastly increased. I do not consider this aspect to be part of a vaporizer sale.
It is a cost in of itself on top of any duties required by your country.
Shipping something heavy can be half the cost of the vape itself.
Yeah. I have some glass that I never get around to selling for this reason. It costs too much to ship. Also why I never sell to folks outside the US except on rare, friend, occasions.

Last edited:
I like this idea! maybe a space for members to provide feedback and share their insights on the fair value of vaporizers, especially older models that might not have clear market prices. good way to bridge the gap between seller expectations and buyer offers

Artrix Global,
Reactions: lazylathe
Top Bottom