Vaporizer comparison table - can you help complete it, and nitpick what's already there?

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The heating element in the vivape is glass? or is ceramic with glass around? i thought it was the last.
It is an all glass heating element.

Yeah I can understand how it might have had sentimental value for you, but that isn't enough to convince me to add it to the list. I have some sentimental value for a crappy old soldering-iron-under-a-jar vape, which was my first one, a decade ago, but I'm not going to include that or any others of similar quality. There's a plethora of poor-quality vapes out there, and I don't have room (or time) for them all.

Anyway, I've spent a bit of time trawling the vape sites, and have added a bunch of more info. I also discovered the 'hide column' and 'hide row' features. So I've hidden a few of the listed vapes from view until I have more info for them, and I've also hidden some columns - namely 'efficiency', 'size' and 'weight'. I'll un-hide them once I have most of their cells filled.

If your using that reasoning then I wouldnt include any vapir models. If your going to include the No2 then I think you should also include the mini. The No2 is basically a combination of a previous not in productionmodel (vapir classic) and the mini with the battery unit on the inside, while the mini is a smaller and has an optional external battery. Both units function similarly. I dont care either way, and i only mentioned my sentimental viewpoint fo reference. Also i would never compare vapir mini or any vapir model to a soldering iron...

IMO, as well as, most "experienced" vaporists would consider any vapir models as crap. However, I think they are a great buy for any novice looking for their first vape. If you are completing a comprehensive list, it only seems logical to include the mini. It is still in production, and is a smaller cheaper version of the No2 with the same functionality and reliability...they both function great, but if you drop either of them onto concrete more than a couple times they will definately break.

In summation; i think if your completing a comprehensive list, which you are, then you should either include all vapir models or none of them.

EDIT: and as far as your information of thermovape cera, the method is mainly convection with a little bit of conduction (most portables). You also have it as not being able to do oils, which it clearly does!

Also vivape load size ~0.2-0.4g. And list price is 399$ but it has been retailing for $289-299 from most online stores

Mynameismud,

Qbit

cannabanana
It is an all glass heating element.

If your using that reasoning then I wouldnt include any vapir models. If your going to include the No2 then I think you should also include the mini. The No2 is basically a combination of a previous not in productionmodel (vapir classic) and the mini with the battery unit on the inside, while the mini is a smaller and has an optional external battery. Both units function similarly. I dont care either way, and i only mentioned my sentimental viewpoint fo reference. Also i would never compare vapir mini or any vapir model to a soldering iron...

IMO, as well as, most "experienced" vaporists would consider any vapir models as crap. However, I think they are a great buy for any novice looking for their first vape. If you are completing a comprehensive list, it only seems logical to include the mini. It is still in production, and is a smaller cheaper version of the No2 with the same functionality and reliability...they both function great, but if you drop either of them onto concrete more than a couple times they will definately break.

In summation; i think if your completing a comprehensive list, which you are, then you should either include all vapir models or none of them.

EDIT: and as far as your information of thermovape cera, the method is mainly convection with a little bit of conduction (most portables). You also have it as not being able to do oils, which it clearly does!

Also vivape load size ~0.2-0.4g. And list price is 399$ but it has been retailing for $289-299 from most online stores

Well no, the list isn't supposed to be comprehensive - as I said, there are many lousy vapes out there, and I'm not going to include them all. And pretty much everything else I've read from Vapir users suggests that the NO2 is the only one worth considering, and it's basically the only one that gets any discussion any more.

While I respect your view on this matter, I will need more that one person's opinion. So if anyone else would like to chime in and lend you support, I might be convinced to add it.

Qbit,
Reactions: Seek

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
what about the VM2, or the Incognito? I've had the Aromed - that mother fucker hits like a champ! :rockon:

mvapes,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
The n02 can be used while charging and has a digital temp control. Load size is .2~.3:tup:...

I'm also an NO2 user, and I still love it, though I do plan to upgrade.

I've really not been able to load more than 0.07 gram... I do use the little scoop that comes with it, most of the time. I have crammed 0.1 gr in there, but it didn't vape well.

Enchantre,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well no, the list isn't supposed to be comprehensive - as I said, there are many lousy vapes out there, and I'm not going to include them all. And pretty much everything else I've read from Vapir users suggests that the NO2 is the only one worth considering, and it's basically the only one that gets any discussion any more.

While I respect your view on this matter, I will need more that one person's opinion. So if anyone else would like to chime in and lend you support, I might be convinced to add it.

It just seems funny to me that u refuse to add the mini but have no problem with the vapor genie, lotus, mflb.

Mynameismud,

Qbit

cannabanana
I'm also an NO2 user, and I still love it, though I do plan to upgrade.

I've really not been able to load more than 0.07 gram... I do use the little scoop that comes with it, most of the time. I have crammed 0.1 gr in there, but it didn't vape well.

0.07 - 0.1g vs 0.2 - 0.3g? Hmm, that's quite a discrepancy. Could you NO2 users please have an argument about this so I can put in some accurate figures?

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
what about the VM2, or the Incognito? I've had the Aromed - that mother fucker hits like a champ! :rockon:

Yeah I've added the Aromed, but the Icognito isn't alailable any more, and the VM2 hasn't had a post in its 2-page thread for over a year.

Qbit,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
0.07 - 0.1g vs 0.2 - 0.3g? Hmm, that's quite a discrepancy. Could you NO2 users please have an argument about this so I can put in some accurate figures?
I measured one load last night - some pre-ground, fairly dry, it weighed in at 0.1 gr. This morning's fresh shredded herb was right at 0.08 gr. That's filling the little plastic scoop, not perfectly level (a little heaped), but NOT packed.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Qbit

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
tared to zero with empty scoop then filled and weighed loosely packed
f6SiJws.jpg

1_gr8_underdog,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Probably moisture differences & grind fineness, I would say.

I measure, then just dump it on the empty scale. I'll try tare with the scoop next time...

BalzaSteel

Great job on the spreadsheet QBit, it really outta be sticky, answered all my questions :)

BalzOut

BalzaSteel,

filteredhead

QBit, wow you've been busy making lots of updates, very nice work there.
I saw your other post in the VapeXhale Cloud thread about warranty period. Their website was just back up and got a peek at their online FAQ which indicates 1-year warranty period.
http://vapexhale.com/index.php/faq
"We provide a one year warranty on all VapeXhale products."

Also earlier this year there was a post by VXC/SM with specifics about the 2-year warranty for newer units:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-450#post-346405
"Moving forward, every newly purchased VapeXhale Cloud (after Feb 16th) vaporizer will come with a 2 year warranty."

filteredhead,
This spreadsheet is very helpful, but is missing a factor that is very important to me when picking a vape - restriction (or resistance). I do not like vapes that have a highly restricted draw - don't like to feel out of breath. I am not sure how you would include this, but I would like to at least know if people are reporting this as a negative factor, like with the Solo.

filteredhead

Good idea, a resistance/restriction draw column would be a nice addition.

For my portables, the Pax and Solo have restrictive draws compared to Thermovape Evolution, the Vaporblunt 2.0 has the least drag. And for my home units the Arizer Extreme/V-Tower and VapeXhale Cloud are both non-restrictive.

filteredhead,
Reactions: kelper

Qbit

cannabanana
QBit, wow you've been busy making lots of updates, very nice work there.
I saw your other post in the VapeXhale Cloud thread about warranty period. Their website was just back up and got a peek at their online FAQ which indicates 1-year warranty period.
http://vapexhale.com/index.php/faq
"We provide a one year warranty on all VapeXhale products."

Also earlier this year there was a post by VXC/SM with specifics about the 2-year warranty for newer units:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-450#post-346405
"Moving forward, every newly purchased VapeXhale Cloud (after Feb 16th) vaporizer will come with a 2 year warranty."

Thanks, Filtered - 2-year warranty for the VXC added.

Qbit

cannabanana
This spreadsheet is very helpful, but is missing a factor that is very important to me when picking a vape - restriction (or resistance). I do not like vapes that have a highly restricted draw - don't like to feel out of breath. I am not sure how you would include this, but I would like to at least know if people are reporting this as a negative factor, like with the Solo.

Yeah good idea. I will add it eventually, but it's another one of those quantities like vapour production which is more difficult to quantify. It would need another thread where people rank their vapes 1 to 10 according to drawspeed (when packed optimally). I'm still trying to deal with the vapour production thread, but I'll line this one up.

filteredhead

That's my understanding as well. The VB2.0 manual mentions temp range of 370F to 470F but does not provide the in between values. There are 5 temp settings on the unit, I presume each temp setting steps 25F degrees. I am not 100% positive because the early post in the VB2.0 thread below provides a different range than the the actual VB2.0 manual. Not sure which is correct but I would go with 370F to 470F range to be conservative and accurate according the product manual.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporblunt-2-0-vb-2-0-dlx.7500/#post-294317
"Led display with 5 programmed temperature settings ranging from 370 - 500 degrees"

Just found this post by eezy as confirmation: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporblunt-2-0-vb-2-0-dlx.7500/page-20#post-317297
"I called the number on the website, the guy named Eric did not know exactly but took my number and said he would find out and call me back. an hour or so went by and he called me back. This is his answer setting 1) 370 F setting 2) 395 F setting 3) 420 F setting 4) 445 F setting 5) 470 F"

Yeah good idea. I will add it eventually, but it's another one of those quantities like vapour production which is more difficult to quantify. It would need another thread where people rank their vapes 1 to 10 according to drawspeed (when packed optimally). I'm still trying to deal with thevapour production thread, but I'll line this one up.
Sounds like a plan, I will post the resistance/restrictive draw info in that future thread. Something to think about is that draw restriction on units like the Solo can be reduced by using stems like PHVES or modifying the stock stems with slits, maybe a footnote regarding aftermarket add-ons as being available may be considered?

Sounds like a plan, I will post the resistance/restrictive draw info in that future thread. Something to think about is that draw restriction on units like the Solo can be reduced by using stems like PHVES or modifying the stock stems with slits, maybe a footnote regarding aftermarket add-ons as being available may be considered?
Modifications can change other stock characteristics besides what they are meant to. For example these stems while helping with restriction will probably change temperature too by introducing more air, so they throw the whole intended experience off for better or worse. So I would definitely focus on the out-of-the-box experience as it won't contradict other data presented in the spreadsheet for that model.

Edit: sorry mod, I did a back-to-back again - I accidentally do this sometimes when dealing with two different topics and not paying attention to whether there was a post in between

kelper,

filteredhead

I agree for focus to be on the OOTB experience.

Sure mods/add-ons/aftermarket items may change other attributes as well. I was trying to balance the notion of providing the extra info as it could factor into someone's buying decision (e.g. price of Solo plus PHVES stem may still be worthwhile). Also, there are hardly any aftermarket products for some vapes like Pax at this time. For some folks the "option" of aftermarket/add-ons available at a price for a given vaporizer may be a worthwhile consideration (e.g. GonG). That said, OOTB should be primary focus for sure.

Another thought for portables to consider would be a column for maintenance. E.g. I find that the Solo functions well with minimal cleaning, the VB2.0 requires a bit more cleaning and to function properly the Pax requires a cleaning often (as well as according to mfg). I think those OOTB attributes may be worth vetting out here and if there is consensus then possibly add them to comparison table as well.

Top Bottom