Vaporfection stealth vds - ssv question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Has anyone had expereience with this particular vape? I sent mine back at the same time as my ssv and I just got a response saying that it wasn't my heating element that was problematic but instead it was due to the thermal couple that regulated the heat. Does anyone know how the ssv regulates it's temp? I am very curious to see how the new and improved Vaporfection performs. One thing I noticed that my evolutions did better than the ssv is maintaining it's heat when u take fast, hard tokes. Don't get me wrong, the ssv hits great when you use slow to medium paced hits but you can tell the vapor is thinner when hitting it harder. I know that u get thicker vapor when you hit it slower but the difference isn't as drastic with the evolutions unit. The evolutions used something called fuzzy logic to regulate the temp. Does anyone know how the ssv regulates it's temp?

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Maybe tokin can provide some insight, he's surely seen a disassembled SSV. Don't think it has any real controller. Never had a problem with hitting it too hard, but sometimes after someone else just hit it really hard, I'll blast the heat for like 10 seconds and turn it back down before my hit.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
my guess is there is nothing to regulate the heat in the ssv ...only the dimmer set the resitance ...that's just a guess

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the feedback guys...as much as I love my SSV, like VTAC said, sometimes if you go right after someone else, you'll want to either wait for the heat to come back, or turn it up slightly, and then hit it. This is super minor, and I'm just being nit picky here, and I have trained myself to slow down my hits with the SSV so it's not a big issue.

Last night, I wanted to do another comparison with the SSV and heat gun just for shits and giggles after i got the email back from the guys at Vaporfection. The VRIP set up would produce fairly consistent vapor across the board, regardless if you are hitting it hard or slow. With my SSV, a hard hit would produce wispy vapor, and a slow draw, super thick vapor. Like i said, this is being super nit picky, but does show that without something regulating the temp, it makes the learning curve slightly harder for these types of vapes. For example, if you have someone vaping for the first time, they are going to expect to see vapor exhaled. If they are used to hitting something hard, they might feel disappointed at first with the SSV before they learn the slow, methodical inhalation method. I'll post up a review of the Vaporefection unit when I get it back sometime next week, my unit always had a problem regulating the temp so i gave it a lukewarm response initially, hopefully it will blow my expectations away...(finger crossed, I dropped 5 bills on this thing, could've gotten another Herbo!)

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
An electronic temp control should definitely do a better job than a simple rheostat/potentiometer. It's also going to be much more likely to fail and cost you a lot more to get repaired out of warranty. If you want high tech you pay your money (a lot of it) and you take your chances. At least with Vaporfection or Evolutions you get a 3 yr. warranty.

If I want to take hard fast draws on my SSV I turn up the heat a little. Personally, I find this model to be very forgiving about how you hit it. Try using the Vapolution for a few months. It'll make you appreciate the SSV a lot more. ;)

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max, I agree with you 100%, the SSV is quite forgiving, and probably does the best job at keeping it's heat while just using a potentiometer. I was just being my usual nit picky self :rolleyes: Trust me, I appreciate the SSV, especially the week that I went without it when I sent it back... I think you would absolutely love VRIP's new heating gun, check out my post on it, I put some pics up there too.

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom