Vaporfection Stealth II Warranty question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedum

Hi there guys, I have owned a Stealth II VDS for over 2 years now and I can say that it is the best vape I have ever used. One problem, the warranty is (or I thought) 3 years parts and lifetime heating element. Well the heating element has started to fluctuate about 10-15 F, and I figured that I would send it in to get fixed before the warranty ran out. The customer service guy was trying to tell me that my older unit only had 2 years parts and lifetime heating element. I'm pretty sure that when I bought it I had 3 years of warranty. Either way, he said that he would upgrade the internal thermocouples, heating unit, and some electronics for $75. Thats pretty reasonable to upgrade a $500 vape, but I think that this should be covered under the 3 year warranty. What do you guys think? (I'm trying to find the original manual and warranty card right now.)

freedum,

freedum

Well I found my original pamphlet and it clearly says 3 years also. Well I guess I'll call back tomorrow and see what I can get. The CSR also said that vaporfection is coming out with a water filtered vape sometime in the next year. That should be interesting. This is a sweet forum BTW!

freedum,

max

Out to lunch
Well I found my original pamphlet and it clearly says 3 years also.
That should be all you need, along with proof of purchase. Ask 'em if you need to send a copy of the manual page that says '3 years'. BTW, the element may not be the issue with your temp fluctuation. It's more likely the heater is doing what it's told, and the electronics are at fault.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The electronics was the faulty part of my Vaporfection, he actually installed a new 700 watt heater versus my 500 watt heater that was in the original one. Don't know if it is "better" because the real problems was the thermal couple but it works awesome now.

But like Max said, if you have the documentation they owe you the warranty.

stonemonkey55,

freedum

Ok, called today. Vaporfection is really great in terms of making the customer happy. He told me and I guess clarified what he told me yesterday. Since my unit is under warranty he will upgrade the parts for $75, but if I want he will just repair/replace the faulty parts with the same parts in there now for free. Also the new parts will have a similar warranty as the original vape. The only thing that sucks is that I'll have no vape for a week!:lol:

freedum,

max

Out to lunch
^ No backup? :o Maybe you should invest in a VaporGenie before you pack up your unit. :brow:

Sounds like the upgrade may be worth the money in the long run. I'm just guessing but I'd say they have identified a 'weak link' in the previous version and have beefed it up.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
max, again you are correct, they upgraded the electronics in the last year so I am positive that is why they wanted to swap out the heater and electronics... I would just tell the guy to send you a brand new one for $75 while you send back the old unit... just give him a credit card number as collateral while he waits for your unit to arrive...

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
I would just tell the guy to send you a brand new one for $75 while you send back the old unit... just give him a credit card number as collateral while he waits for your unit to arrive...
That would be the best solution if they'll do it. Ask 'em. They might say no but it's worth trying. That's exactly what herbalAire did for me last year, and I didn't even have to give them collateral or an upgrade fee.

max,

freedum

Thats a great idea actually. I have an old dome style vape I could use, but I hate the burnt resin taste and plastic flavor it gives off. Plus it takes about 15 minutes to heat up and ends up burning most of my green anyway. :(

freedum,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom