vapor question

mcchronic

hi fc. i am in the process of buying a vaporizer. i mainly want it to be efficent so i was looking at myrtlezap. then i realized i would also like to be able to take it to friends house's without waiting 30 minutes to warm up so i started looking at da buddah. portablity would be nice though so i am looking at magic flight launch box.
i need it to be as efficent as possible, quiet when in use, easy to use with one person or multiple people. and i would like it to be safe and under 160. i have extra cash right now to either get a piece or get bud so i was wondering would a vaporizer be worth it? like, would 2 grams smoking in a bong last me longer than 1 gram vaping?
out of these 3 vapes, which would most efficently get a few people high? i want my weed to last as long as possible. what would the amount be in grams to get an average person high in da buddah, magic flight, and myrtlezap? and if you recommend or think another option is better than those 3 tell me please. thank you.

mcchronic,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
If you have a car adapter with the MZ all you have to do is unplug your zap, Take your wall cord along with you. Walk to the car and plug it in using car cord as you travel to your friends house, unplug it walk into your friends house, and use your wall plug. That way you only have to wait a few minutes for it to recoup any lost heat. That way you cut out the 30 min wait.
if you are looking for efficiency I would go with the zap. You can use it with multiple people, just have each one have their own stem and refill as needed.

DevoTheStrange,

mcchronic

thanks for reply. the main person's house i smoke at besides mine is a 2 minute walk but a 5 minute drive(have to go around world driving but can cut through path walking) so do you think i could just have it plugged in at my house and if i have a backpack i could just walk over there, plug it back in and it would be ready?
also, how do you tell when the zap is ready?

mcchronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Out of the three named, I have only used a Launch Box. I can say that it meets all of your criteria except that it really isn't intended for sharing. Two or even three people might be okay, but if you want to use it regularly with larger groups then you probably should look at bag fillers.

Efficiency is dependent on technique as well as model. There's lots of discussion here at FC about efficiency, and some say it isn't right to give the impression that you will get more efficiency vaping than combusting. I'm sure that's true for some, but for me and many others, vaporizing also makes the buds go farther.

I think your question about how much to get an average person high can't be answered because there are too many variables. I can tell you that for me, .1g of mids in the LB will give me at least a dozen hits. I'll be happy after the first one, and flying after three. Usually I stop there and just hit once or twice whenever I feel I need a boost. It is not unusual for a trench to last more than one session.

pakalolo,

mcchronic

so if .1 of mids can get you high once or more than once then .1 of dank could last 2 or 3 sessions because around here is only dank, no mids at all. the myrtlezap has a bowl size of 0.025 and it says that you can get 3 to 4 hits off that.
so .1 in mflb has around the same amount of hits as .1 in myrtlezap except myrtlezap is 4 small bowls and mflb is 1 big one? so which one would get me higher off that .1? thanks for the replys.

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have both the Zap and the LB. Between the two, IMO, the Zap is the most consistently efficient with herb.

momofthegoons,

mcchronic

thanks. is the myrtlezap a lot more efficent than mflb? like, is it gonna save me a significant amount of bud because the myrtlezap is 57 dollars more and it isn't portable? if you had to chose one between the two to use everyday which would you pick?

mcchronic,

Beezleb

The vape is a tool or appliance. While it is likely using a vaporizer will reduce your usage per session compared to smoking the amount of that savings is subjective ranging from those achieving a dramatic savings to little savings to using more.

Their is no definitive answer as it really depends on your usage and habits. Generally I say if you use little now you will likely use little vaping but if you smoke alot its likely you will also vape alot in comparison. A vape is not going to reduce your tolerance by itself.

The vapes you are looking at have trade offs. Portability or efficiency for the most part. You have decide what is more important to you. Otherwise if I was going for efficiency potential out of the two I would go with the MZ but make sure you understand the differences of the two and with that said I recommend looking at their perspective threads for more specific information as they contain a wealth of information.

Beezleb,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I am not going to say that it will save you a significant amount of bud over the LB, but a full trench on the LB is several stems on the Zap. I would personally choose the Zap over the LB if I could only get one. This is not to say that I don't love my LB. It has a time and place. The portability is awesome. But I use my Zap daily, all day. There are some that would disagree and who use their LB exclusively. I would suggest you read up on both and make a decision based on your personal needs. I am happy to be in a position where I could have both, since both have their niche in my vaping needs.

Edit: I totally agree with Beezleb that you regarding the amount smoked vs the amount vaped and usage amounts. I vape the exact same amount that I smoked per month. Sometimes more, if I use my whip style vape.

momofthegoons,

mcchronic

well is the magic flight almost as efficent as mz? like, if mz, pd, and woodez are all most efficent is the mflb close to them? a few posts up pakalolo said that .1 of mids is good for him. so im thinking 0.05 is enough of real good dank. 0.025 could get 4 good hits in mz but its not portable. and he said .1 is 12 hits so that 3 hits per 0.025.
does it take more vapor hits to get high? like 6 good hits of dank out of bong is good for me but will 6 vapor hits be enough?

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
From your questions, I'm thinking that you might be new to vaping. Correct me if I'm wrong. If so, I think it would be wise to read a whole lot more before making a purchase, especially since money seems to be an issue. Look through a bunch of the threads in this forum about other vapes and the multiple questions that have been asked about them and vaping in general. I jumped into my first vape purchase without really doing my homework and ended up with a Hot Box that I'm not so fond of. After I'd used multiple vapes and read up a little, I realized that what I wanted out of a vape was totally something else. That led me to the Zap and LB.

To answer your question, however, the LB is pretty efficient. But how much gets one person there might not be what gets you there, so that is something no one can answer but you with experience.

momofthegoons,

mcchronic

i have used a few of my friends vaps and stuff but i am pretty new to vaporizing. money isn't that big of a deal. i just want the best deal so i am looking at under 160. i read almost all of the mflb, da buddah, and aromazap/myrtlezap threads and also looked through at pretty much every vaporizer on the market.
i limited it down to mflb and myrtlezap because they seemed like they were the most efficent, cost wasn't terrible, and the reviews are great on them. no one seems dissapointed in them and both the owners of the companys are members here and i think thats a great sign in there costumer service.

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Allright then. :D

Well, I guess the only other thing to ask is how many people you think you would be sharing this with. Is it just one other person, or more?

momofthegoons,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mcchronic said:
well is the magic flight almost as efficent as mz? like, if mz, pd, and woodez are all most efficent is the mflb close to them? a few posts up pakalolo said that .1 of mids is good for him. so im thinking 0.05 is enough of real good dank. 0.025 could get 4 good hits in mz but its not portable. and he said .1 is 12 hits so that 3 hits per 0.025.
does it take more vapor hits to get high? like 6 good hits of dank out of bong is good for me but will 6 vapor hits be enough?

See this is why I said you can't answer the question. Where I want to be could be--no, definitely is a different place from where you want to go, no matter where that is. I smoked weed for nearly four decades before I started vaporizing. I would call my usage much heavier than average and my tolerance, well that hasn't changed as long as I can remember, even after months-long layoffs. Undoubtedly my body weight and metabolism are different from yours. What I call mids might be as good as your top shelf. Etc.

If you use logic like this then you will definitely be disappointed and frustrated because the math didn't work out, and it will be all my fault. :(

pakalolo,

mcchronic

pakalolo said:
mcchronic said:

See this is why I said you can't answer the question. Where I want to be could be--no, definitely is a different place from where you want to go, no matter where that is. I smoked weed for nearly four decades before I started vaporizing. I would call my usage much heavier than average and my tolerance, well that hasn't changed as long as I can remember, even after months-long layoffs. Undoubtedly my body weight and metabolism are different from yours. What I call mids might be as good as your top shelf. Etc.

If you use logic like this then you will definitely be disappointed and frustrated because the math didn't work out, and it will be all my fault. :(

well you see you seem to have misunderstood me. i said so im thinking so really i am just guessing. when someone says mids they usually mean midgrade stuff that isn't shitty but isn't great. i came here to get suggestions for which vaporizer to buy. also, because my math didn't work doesn't mean i am going to blame you.

mcchronic,

Beezleb

If this helps you.

I used to mostly mids. Actually until relatively recently its been mostly mids in America for me. I have a LB and I was in the beta for the LB.

I have not used a MZ as far as I recall but I have a PD. Very similar vape in reported in general agreement they are similar in performance but different in parts to a degree and this changes at times and if I am off on that may god spare the holy thunder bolt hehe:lol: I laugh I kid.

Anyways in my experience from the class of vaporizer. The MZ is capable of much more efficiency. The LB was never intended to be anything other than portable. In my opinion the MZ is the clear choice terms of capable efficiency.

For stupid reason I wrote this instead of putting on my shoes and heading out to watch the football game so you better at least lie to me and say you appreciate it or I fart in your general direction. To help me out can you at least tell me the continent and if your on the east, west, north or south side of it.

:ko:

Beezleb,

mcchronic

Beezleb said:
If this helps you.

I used to mostly mids. Actually until relatively recently its been mostly mids in America for me. I have a LB and I was in the beta for the LB.

I have not used a MZ as far as I recall but I have a PD. Very similar vape in reported in general agreement they are similar in performance but different in parts to a degree and this changes at times and if I am off on that may god spare the holy thunder bolt hehe:lol: I laugh I kid.

Anyways in my experience from the class of vaporizer. The MZ is capable of much more efficiency. The LB was never intended to be anything other than portable. In my opinion the MZ is the clear choice terms of capable efficiency.

For stupid reason I wrote this instead of putting on my shoes and heading out to watch the football game so you better at least lie to me and say you appreciate it or I fart in your general direction. To help me out can you at least tell me the continent and if your on the east, west, north or south side of it.

:ko:

thank you. i use mostly dank because i can't find mids anywhere, which is a good thing because dank is awesome but a bad thing because mids are cheaper. i am debating between mflb and myrtlezap. efficency is most important to me because i guess if i am going out i could just smoke. but, is the myrtlezap really that much more efficent?
like, would a g last a few sessions more in myrtlezap than mf? also, i am in North America in the southeast.
oh and what football game would you have been watching?

mcchronic,

max

Out to lunch
A log vape like the MZ makes it a good bit easier to stretch your herb, mainly for two reasons. It has a fixed temp, so high temps, which will roast your herb in a hurry, are not an issue. Fixed temp also means quite a few hits from each bowl. Most people find that after x number of bowls (maybe one, maybe a few, depending on the person, the quality of herb, etc.), you just won't find the need to load another for a while. The time it takes to vape a bowl or three also gives you the time to feel the high. It's kind of like sipping a beer or two vs. downing a few shots of booze. Whether it's eating, drinking, or vaping, downing big quantities in a hurry overcomes your body's ability to send signals that you've had enough.

Other vapes, with bigger bowls, usually get a bigger load and the tendency is to vape the whole bowl. I've got a herbalAire, which is very efficient at getting everything out of the bowl load, but I also end up loading quite a bit more than I would with a PD or MZ, and going through more herb when using it.

My iolite also has a fixed temp, so no problem with runaway high temps. But it also has a big bowl, so I usually end up loading and using more than I do with my PD.

The LB can also be very efficient, but it takes care, since it's up to the user to control temp, and it gets hot in a hurry.

The DBV may be your best bet for multiple users. Each person can decide what temp to use. It also provides big hits so you can get wrecked in a hurry. That's counter to being efficient with your supply though. OTOH, like the LB, this one has a learning curve since the temp is also determined by how hard you hit it. The MZ would be the easiest to use, due to the heat exhanger helping to maintain the temp, meaning how hard you hit it is less important.

There is no perfect choice among these three for both efficiency and ease of use with multiple users, especially those new to vaping.

max,

mcchronic

thanks for reply. i think i will just use the vap by myself. if im going over to friends house's or w/e i'll just bring a bowl over so this will be just for me in my house. for 200 i can get mflb and a quarter of dank or for 200 i can get myrtlezap and 2.5-3 g's of same stuff(which is very high quality). which vap would make said amount of weed last longest? thank you.

mcchronic,

george

mcchronic said:
thanks for reply. i think i will just use the vap by myself. if im going over to friends house's or w/e i'll just bring a bowl over so this will be just for me in my house. for 200 i can get mflb and a quarter of dank or for 200 i can get myrtlezap and 2.5-3 g's of same stuff(which is very high quality). which vap would make said amount of weed last longest? thank you.

Um. i think the quarter and launch box would last longer. The myrtlezap is more efficient though. So over time, you'll save more money using the myrtlezap. Idk, no one can decide for you, if you're only using it at home then i would suggest the myrtlezap. No reason to deal with batteries if you have an outlet near you.

george,

stinkmeaner

Many if not most vapes can be efficient if you use them accordingly, a simple way is to start the temperature lower and raise it as you go instead of turning it up all the way and taking monster rips from the get go, the SSV is known to get 15 rips from a single bowl.

If you plan on using this with friends and taking it places do you really want to worry about how long you have a vape unplugged for? I think most of the people recommending are just doing so because they like the MZ and not because it is best for the thread starters recommendation, and the Magic Flight is great for a second vape but do you really think he wants his first and only vape to be a little wood box that he has to shake every 2 seconds and worry about popping a battery in and out to stop it from burning. I am sure he wants his first purchase to be a machine, something with wow factor when he takes it to friends houses.

When Silver Surfers are priced as low as $190 brand new on Ebay I would have to say go for the Silver Surfer simply because they heat up fast, are plenty efficient, look nice, great for sharing, and have a cool factor that will impress your friends. The MyrtleZap is a fine vape, that's clear from the reviews but it just doesn't seem right for your needs if you want to take to friends houses or maybe even an occasional party.
I don't even own the Silver Surfer and don't even really like the company but I can't deny it, they do make a reliable product and one of my friends has owned one for at least 2 years with no problems whatsoever.

stinkmeaner,

mcchronic

hemp;)goofy8cheerio
i don't understand your post.

george
thank you. i think i'm going to go with magic flight but i'm still thinking of pros and cons.

mcchronic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^
What hemp is saying is that you are comparing vaping 7 grams with the LB to 3 grams with the Zap when asking if the LB or Zap would be the most efficient. And george is saying that 7 grams is going to last longer than 3, but the Zap is more efficient when it comes to conserving herb. Whether or not it is the best vape for you, only you can really decide. Best case scenario would be to try each before buying. Since this probably isn't possible, and you can't buy both, read both threads and decide from there.
Good luck and happy vaping!

momofthegoons,

Beezleb

All about Pittsburgh and it was a good day. :brow:

I believe you will be happy with whatever you select but I also suspect it will merely be your first vape.

Good luck to you and happy vaping!

Ps: please write a review of whatever vape you select. While we have lots of opinions and views its always great to get fresh perspective and reference.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom