Vapman vs Lotus?

Dank Sinatra

Hey guys! I've decided my next Vape purchase will be a butane-powered one, and I'm curious to see which one you guys think is best.

The Vapman seems to have a huge following here, but the Lotus is convection whereas the VM is conduction. Would this not make the Lotus more efficient? The Lotus can also be used with water tools which appeals to me. What are your opinions?

I've looked at the Triihouse vapes, but the Lotus/VM appeal to me more.

Also, what do you guys think of the hammer?

Dank Sinatra,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Unfortunately i cant comment on the lotus as i havnt used one. The vapman is super efficient .. load size is around 0.05. And will provide a few decent puffs. The vapman can be used with water also .. many do. Ive tried but i prefer it au natural.

Lotus is quite a lot bigger and less stealthy than the vapman. Also the vapman is excellent with concentrates if you get the concentrate screens ... Not sure how the lotus handles oils. Some food for thought.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've used both, but only own the Lotus and have only used the Vapman once.

The Vapman relies on conduction to transfer heat while the Lotus uses convection, both are opposite ends of the spectrum in that regard.

The Vapman can be used by preheating with the torch, then taking a puff. This can be done discretely under a table or by your side and then taking a quick puff. The Lotus requires constant heating the hotplate in order to vape the herbs. In this regard, the Lotus is much less stealthy (It just looks odd to be holding a cigar torch over a round metal plate - doesn't exactly look "legal" :lol:)

That said, I still REALLY like my Lotus, I can pack a very small load and rip a massive cloud in a matter of seconds (from start to finish, loading included). It's also fun to play with the torch and control the temp - sometimes I start low temp, and finish the end of the hit at high temps. Other times I'll extend a load for 5-10 hits before I cache and reload.

Also note, today Lotus introduced it's new V4 High-temp cap which is very exciting news. No reports yet on it's performance or how it compares to the V3 cap

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Both the Lotus and the VapMan are beasts as far as vapor production goes, and the flavor from both is heavenly. Can't go wrong with either. Flip a coin and go from there!

Last edited:

Dank Sinatra

Thanks guys, I'm almost tempted to get both hahaha.

I Really want the Lotus for some reason, but the Vapman being able to do like .05 sounds perfect for me. How small of a packing can the Lotus handle?

Dank Sinatra,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

I Really want the Lotus for some reason, but the Vapman being able to do like .05 sounds perfect for me. How small of a packing can the Lotus handle?
As small or smaller than you want ...no minimum limit!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

The lotus actually works better if you use less! I actually can't even register the load on my scale which goes to 0.01g, but it's not that accurate below 0.1g so I don't really know for sure. But I can say it was literally less than 10 "flakes" or specs of herb. Since it's convection, you can do as little as you want.

In fact, you'll get worse performance if you load the oven up with 0.2g of herb (less even cook, better chance of combustion)

Petro

Have a Vapman, which I love, but very interested in a Lotus too.

The Vapman has a great yet unique flavor, it's a very tasty mix of wood and weed together with a bit of toasted flavors from the conduction heating. The first two wispy hits are very tasty.

Petro,
Reactions: kahlilhc

grokit

well-worn member
I would consider the vapman if I wanted to vape hash (I hear it's awesome), or if I was in europe.
I have a lotus, it's great I love it. But just about everybody loves their lotus, as well as their vapman! Mendocino/lotus did just came out with their new concentrate cap, that withstands higher temps.

Unisonruss

Get a Lotus! It's incredible. I love vapman, triihouse vapes, and hammer, too. But the lotus is better :D I've owned 'em all! Hammer is a close second...it's just a little loud and bulky. To me, there's nothing better than a couple bowls through the lotus wpa and some glass :D

natural farmer

As a former long-time Lotus lover and a current Vapman one, I suggest you get both if you can afford it. If not, get Vapman first. For me it has proved to need less maintenance, it can handle concentrates better with the extra screens, it is much more stealth and discreet, its ritual is nicer and is also cheaper to buy. Not to mention that it is a piece of art! :whoa:

VapourHaze

Also vapman requires virtually zero maintenance. I understand you need to replace the heating cap in the lotus every year or 2.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I understand you need to replace the heating cap in the lotus every year or 2.
Naw, completely false. You only have to replace the plate if you put a hole in it. The cap itself will last a lifetime if you don't abuse it (overheating)

There *was* a flaw in the old plate design about 18 months ago which caused some to crack prematurely (two months of use) - but that was covered under warranty. Since then a new hotplate design was made and seems to have fixed the issue. I don't recall hearing one report of someone replacing a new hotplate due to wear/tear in the past year over on the Lotus thread

VapourHaze

Naw, completely false. You only have to replace the plate if you put a hole in it. The cap itself will last a lifetime if you don't abuse it (overheating)

There *was* a flaw in the old plate design about 18 months ago which caused some to crack prematurely (two months of use) - but that was covered under warranty. Since then a new hotplate design was made and seems to have fixed the issue. I don't recall hearing one report of someone replacing a new hotplate due to wear/tear in the past year over on the Lotus thread

Oh my bad .. i popped over to the lotus thread and noticed that some users had replaced the caps due to cracking from excessive heat. Thanks for the clarification.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
get the metal one, you can get a j-hook just about anywhere. Any glass you have that is 14mm, is amazing with the water adapter. I use it dry.

I plan on getting a vapman when i'm able but i don't think it will beat the Lotus in flavour or efficiency. It is certainly much more stealthy and fool proof.

grokit

well-worn member
get the metal one, you can get a j-hook just about anywhere. Any glass you have that is 14mm, is amazing with the water adapter. I use it dry.
The lotus wpa doesn't fit in their metal stem, but you can indeed purchase one without the j-hook. The metal stems have their own built-in bowls, but they they do share the same heating caps as the wpa.

Last edited:

MeesterWood

I own both and have found them useful for different things. The vapman is off the charts efficient and I enjoy the ritual more than the lotus. It requires less torch time and I like that.

The lotus requires lots of torch time but hits like a freight train. I'm talking about a psychedelic freight train that takes you somewhere new and leaves you there babbling and confused.

Top Bottom