Vaping Weed without removing Seeds

introspector

absolute beginner to weed and vaping
Hello,

I read that you should remove seeds from your weed before you roll a joint with it - mostly for three reasons:
  • they pop / explode
  • they do not contribute to the experience due to lack of THC & Co.
  • they produce unpleasant smoke taste
Now vaping is not smoking ...

Should one remove seeds before vaping?

Skyscraper

The heat from a vaporizer could still be enough to pop the seeds. I vape a lot of outdoor grown herb, mostly seedless but some lightly seeded. The best thing to do is remove the seeds. Seeded bud isn't bad but generally less potent/ resinous so you get fewer hits per bowl. Like 1-2 hits per bowl and it's done instead of 3-5.

max

Out to lunch
Seedy weed? Those were the bad old days. An occasional stray seed is no big deal, but in cleaning your herb it should be pretty easy to get rid of seeds and stems both before vaping. It'll improve your vaping experience.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm lucky enough to find an occasional seed. It's very rare, but sometimes I'll find one. And I would never dream of vaping it, it would be a huge waste!

Now if I was still getting seedy Mexican bud like I used to back in the day, I would try and remove as many seeds as possible, but if a stray one ended up in my vaporizer I don't think it would hurt it at all.

Slightly off topic but I've heard you can vape stems if necessary, they do have some THC. In my combustion days I never would have smoked stems, but I don't see a problem in vaping them. Combustion of the stems would taste terrible and probably kill most of the THC before it reaches your lungs.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Ideally pick seeds out of the herb and save it. With how GMO's are looking I'm all :tinfoil: about keeping as many seeds as possible. Can't grow what you don't have working seeds for.:2c:

Beyond that If you miss a seed and grind it up into your vape bowl, you will notice the flavor change from the herb itself. This will make the vapor more bitter and acrid, also if the temp is high enough you can crack/pop seed pieces as well making it worse. :puke:

At this point if I miss and grind up a seed into my herb sesh, that herb all typically goes straight to the AVB container once I notice the ground seed. :disgust:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Ideally pick seeds out of the herb and save it. With how GMO's are looking I'm all :tinfoil: about keeping as many seeds as possible. Can't grow what you don't have working seeds for.:2c:

Beyond that If you miss a seed and grind it up into your vape bowl, you will notice the flavor change from the herb itself. This will make the vapor more bitter and acrid, also if the temp is high enough you can crack/pop seed pieces as well making it worse. :puke:

At this point if I miss and grind up a seed into my herb sesh, that herb all typically goes straight to the AVB container once I notice the ground seed. :disgust:
Interesting. I've just started grinding recently after nearly two decades of cannabis use. I'll have to watch out for that.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I haven't seen a seed in my herb since I started buying in a dispensary. If I did, I'd plant it for the hell of it.

Like others have said, back in the day, street weed was full of seeds. It was fun to sit there, break up some weed and separate out the stems. Then you would put your herb at the top of a vinyl double record album, I liked to use the Beatles White album, and let the seeds roll down into the crease of the cover.

There was no Leafly or sativa dominant hybrids. :myday: There were one finger or two finger bags. If someone scored a whole Oz, you'd sit there and stare at the wonder of it all.

HomeFree

I run across a seed every ounce or so. I have vaped small loads with ground seed and I could easily taste the seed. Make sure you don't have any because they do taste bad. I will leave some ground stem in as a filler but too much tastes bad and I don't think stems have any heads on them.

I do not miss seeds popping cherries off of joints and flying into my hair or under my collar.

AcidWolf

I remember way back before I started vaporizing we would turn the top of a cardboard box upside down and use a playing card to scoop the shake to the top to let the seeds fall down into the inside edge. I would also sometimes put the shake and seeds on a paper plate or sheet of paper and shake it back and forth to separate the seeds. Also the same thing but use a magazine with a smooth cover if the herbs are of better quality and have more trichomes. Those seeds were all just thrown away back then. I'm glad those days are long gone.

Today I rarely see a seed, but if I do find one it is like a bonus gift that is saved for later. I think I found 3 seeds last year, but zero so far this year. A few times in the past I have found a seed when stirring the SSV wand bowl after taking a hit and I will just scoop it out and trash it. I don't remember ever having a seed combust when vaporizing. If a seed happens to get in the bowl, I will usually notice in one or two hits from the taste or when stirring the bowl.

I know a guy who used to save all of his stems for dry spells. He would use them when making a green dragon mixture, or he would grind them up to collect the kief.

EDIT: Yes you should remove seeds.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I don't find them often, but if I do, I tend to crack them like a sunflower seed so as to expose the meat, and eat it. I like the taste of fresh and old seeds, alike.
(Unless you grow or know someone who will)
+1 for eating the seeds!

Rich in essential fatty acids - Omega 3 & 6 :tup:

b315e7bc5b1a8ca0145cd74e31a92023.jpg

:popcorn: YOMP!

:peace:

Top Bottom