vaping using vap cotton

seedy53

is vaping concentrates and classic hash a bad thing? how do you feel about organic vap cotton in 100% convection ovens and hybrid, and conduction ovens?
I do it in convection ovens electric vaps but worry about other heating systems types. is it unhealthy or any neg. thoughts about using cotton in vaping for electric ovens?

florduh

It works. Vgoodiez sells rayon that many find has a more neutral taste.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
It works. Vgoodiez sells rayon that many find has a more neutral taste.

I sometimes use the rayon listed by @florduh, never tried cotton.

seedy53

I use degummed hemp fiber to vape traditional style hash almost every day and find it works very well.
we poor fucks in usa can't get the hemp vap wool that you guys get. vap cotton or rayon is it. lol
i can not find it, i tried.

seedy53,

Razhumikin

we poor fucks in usa can't get the hemp vap wool that you guys get. vap cotton or rayon is it. lol
i can not find it, i tried.
What? Im an American living in the US.

Its not that hard...

seedy53

What? Im an American living in the US.

Its not that hard...
wow, hey thanks, i could not find it thru google, my search terms were wrong.

Razhumikin

what vap unit and how do you prepare it for vaping?
I use it in lots of different devices, usually an 18mm stem device like a zion or a splinter but i also use it in log vape wpas and things like that. Ill roll a little ball of it in my fingers and put that on top of the screen, then tamp it so it covers the whole screen. Then i just put a little hash on top of the hemp and vape it, you can use as much as you like really but i always put just a small blob.

Razhumikin

What's curious is that I'm in the UK and all my vape wool is American. Then again, Sylvia Plath still gets more airplay in the UK than in the US, as does Lloyd Grossman, so maybe there's a pattern emerging here.
As someone from eastern Massachusetts I appreciate that you chose those two as your american cultural figures lol, but I do have to admit that I had no idea who Lloyd grossman was and had to google him to learn he was someone from within 20 miles of where I grew up lol.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: seedy53

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I had no idea who Lloyd grossman was and had to google him to learn he was someone from within 20 miles of where I grew up lol.
Wasteman now makes his living by putting his face on bottles of pasta sauce. Although I have it on good authority that he'll say Chowder, loudly, if you give him a pound and ask nice.

coolbreeze

I've been using a tiny amount of hemp cotton wrapped around a couple/few rice-grains of bubble hash shoved into a basket screen in a DLX, Piro, or the DBV. Also great in the Dynavap and the Lotus. It's the easiest and least messy way I've found for dealing with sticky, melty stuff and it works great in almost any vape.

seedy53

I've been using a tiny amount of hemp cotton wrapped around a couple/few rice-grains of bubble hash shoved into a basket screen in a DLX, Piro, or the DBV. Also great in the Dynavap and the Lotus. It's the easiest and least messy way I've found for dealing with sticky, melty stuff and it works great in almost any vape.
i use heat setting 464f in the avlp, nectar hex, starry 4. in my vb 1.5 box ball vap i turn it up to 500f. i wonder if that's too hot. what do you think, i'm i kill my tastes much. to expensive to experiment with where i live.

I use it in lots of different devices, usually an 18mm stem device like a zion or a splinter but i also use it in log vape wpas and things like that. Ill roll a little ball of it in my fingers and put that on top of the screen, then tamp it so it covers the whole screen. Then i just put a little hash on top of the hemp and vape it, you can use as much as you like really but i always put just a small blob.
i put a little cotton on top of my wax too- the screen then cotton then wax or concentrate then cotton on top" too much you think? i order some of that hemp fiber you suggested

Last edited:
seedy53,

coolbreeze

i use heat setting 464f in the avlp, nectar hex, starry 4. in my vb 1.5 box ball vap i turn it up to 500f. i wonder if that's too hot. what do you think, i'm i kill my tastes much. to expensive to experiment with where i live.
I can't speak to the portables but it takes no special heating for it to work very well in a Dynavap. For the VB baller, I'd try a little lower, you may find it works better than you expect. I'm not sure how exactly the bowl configuration compares to a Da Buddha, but the DBV is a 19mm male joint so a basket screen with the cotton is just millimeters away from the heater, consequently you really don't have to turn it up much from where you'd roast flower. It just pours out cool vapor.

Pictures of what I am talking about below:
20240211-160759-2.jpg

20240211-160827-2.jpg

I have been using a Dynavap B with the Ispire wand, and using Cloud9 vaping cotton and sandwiching the concentrate in between the cotton. It seems to work quite well an I get decent vapour with this method. I am an Aussie medical canna patient. Thought I would share this in case it interested anyone.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Interested in trying this, have some cotton and rayon on order (to compare). Saw an interesting vid of someone using a 2cm x 1cm wad of rayon, to wipe a blob of concentrate off a probe, then fold it over, sandwiching the concentrate inside, making it easy to handle without getting concentrate on fingers, or on any internal parts of vape (bowl, head, screens upper or lower, etc.), and about the right size for a smallish bowl (portable vape size).
Seemed like a nice technique to try.

sedentree

Interested in trying this, have some cotton and rayon on order (to compare). Saw an interesting vid of someone using a 2cm x 1cm wad of rayon, to wipe a blob of concentrate off a probe, then fold it over, sandwiching the concentrate inside, making it easy to handle without getting concentrate on fingers, or on any internal parts of vape (bowl, head, screens upper or lower, etc.), and about the right size for a smallish bowl (portable vape size).

I believe you are in the UK? If so, where did you order your rayon from please?

sedentree,
Reactions: Cheebsy

coolbreeze

Haven't tried rayon but I use the hemp cotton for sticky hashes, more or less like you describe. Works great.

General Disaster

A Country Member
I believe you are in the UK? If so, where did you order your rayon from please?
try: https://www.cremedevape.com
UK distributors so no overseas postage. Also, the rayon was only a quid!!!! I felt I couldn't just get that and pay 2.5 times that in postage, so added a cheap pack of cotton too for about £3. With post and vat it came to £6.45, so not bank-busting! I only chose them because other sources were wickedly over-priced for what it was, and I googled a forum (reddit maybe) msg suggesting them. I think this stuff is popular with nicotine vapers, used as a wick with a coil wrapped around it.

Haven't tried rayon but I use the hemp cotton for sticky hashes, more or less like you describe. Works great.
Funnily enough, I didn't find anything UK-side based on hemp, which was a little surprising, most hemp products close to wadding were impregnated with something or other, nothing I saw that was properly clean of impurities. maybe I didn't have enough patience, but ended up deciding to try the rayon and cotton in the meantime (I don't do concentrates a lot, just nice now and again for a change - oh, and hash of course! (yum!)).

Good to know that 'pinch' method works well, it looked a really neat way to do it, cleaning off the scoop at the same time! Nice and lazy, that's my kind of way! 😏 Thanks!

Last edited:

Hippie

Rayon is also known as Viscose in the UK (altho Viscose is actually a specific type of Rayon)
The easiest to find are Gaham's Cellucotton or the massive bags of hairdressers neck cotton
I can't see any listed right now but I've bought it by the yard from eBay a few times

General Disaster

A Country Member
Yeah, Cellucotton was what I was mostly searching on, and which I ordered from Creme de Vape.
Also saw on Amazon, but at considerably higher cost. Hadn't heard of Viscose, guess that's the registered trademark?

General Disaster,
Reactions: seedy53
Top Bottom