Vaping minimalism (the opposite of VAS?)

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Is anyone here a vaping minimalist?

Since getting into vaping, I've looked at so many different vapes and tried a handful thanks to friends and I still find myself with only 2 in my rotation so far...
My SS Grasshopper I got used off of vaporents (yes, it somehow still works and has continued to work since I got it back in 2019!)
My 2019 Dynavap M (the pink one, was way too cute to pass up)

I used to scroll through sales and upcoming vapes for hours looking for ones to get, but could never pull the trigger on something new (except my upcoming Toad, for obvious reasons). My dad is the kind of guy that buys one great pair of boots and wears them for years, doesn't replace them "til they're talking" (as he describes the loosening of the sole from the boot proper) and I'm guessing that's rubbed off on me. Picked up some new batteries for the grasshopper and even though I know it'll eventually die on me one day, I still use it multiple times a week. The only thing I eventually want is a desktop, as a (self) medicated used who mostly micro doses, but I can't see myself getting more than one!

That got me thinking about VAS, and how I sort of feel like I have the opposite of that. It seems like VAS is the only thing really talked about in the vaping community, but is there anyone who is more of a minimalist? Anyone who mostly limits their collection to 4 or less vapes and if so, why? If you don't, what's keeping you from being more of a minimalist?

florduh

Is anyone here a vaping minimalist?
Yes! Me!
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I find having too many vape options to be stressful. Paralysis by analysis.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'm very much a minimalist at heart, believe it or not, and in a way finally found it with the Old Head Terp-Ready System, which is, or very much can be minimal whilst also being extremely flexible (and reliable) if asked upon.... I very rarely use my DV and lighter or Wand these days, and am back to enjoying concentrates, however, perhaps too easily (and really only currently) liberally mixed in.... it's just all the possible stuff you can add to it and after it (mostly glass etc)... that can also make it fun. Carts too, I'm mostly a happy "homebody" and have been for quite a while so they rarely see much use (lazy security blanket)... "Covid"? Wtf is that?

lazylathe

Almost there...
My desk used to bristle with vapes of all kinds, just have a look at my signature...
I used to always have numerous vapes on and being used. It was a great time!!

Now I prefer the minimalist setup and less clutter on my desk.
I have one dual PID controller that controls two @invertedisdead GoPhase3 vapes, the ZX and the Z8.
Both small, light heads that are very discreet.
I also have my Dr Dabber Switch on the desk for my concentrate use as well as the 4 different cups.
My RooR bong is a staple for over 10 years now and has never let me down! :-)

The vapes both work with the same Zirconia bowl and I only need the one bowl.

The journey to reach this state has been legendary!
Over the last 10 or so years, vape development took off like it had some alien tech injected into it!
It was awesome to be part of it and to experience a lot of the vapes.
These days I prefer to streamline my life and keep it simple!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Definitely my VAS exploded once I found this forum. I had only tried Arizer vapes and didn't know the size of the ecosystem yet.

Things are settling down now and I'm finding my favorites. When all is said and done, I'm pretty sure I'll follow the pattern of paring down my vapes to a tight set of my absolute favorites.

Perfection is achieved when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Radwin Bodnic

Does spares count ?

…if not then I only have 4 different vaporizers. They all serve different purpose and they all see almost equal use.
Not that I don't want any other vape, VAS is real, but I can't find anything that triggers my interest enough to pull the trigger. In fact it brought me to the drawing board…

Paraphanelia is harder to resist IMO…

darkstar72

I'm more of a minimalist and have four. The reason is that they function similarly in that they get me high on a lot less herb than combusting. Also I'm cheap and vapes aren't. I bought and soon sold the Solo 2. The other vapes I've bought and kept are: a HI log, a Dynavap, a Vapman, and a Lotus. The log wins the reach test by far for the convection high, ease of use and small chamber. Then the dynavap is a distant second for portability.

budski

cantre member
I hate cords. I've hated cords at work (construction) since I bought my 1st battery powered drill in 1990, I like battery power, a lot. I can get a great hit in my easychair, porch, kitchen or truck or shop, with the same vape w/out being tethered to the wall, therefore I see no desktop vapes in my future, which puts a slight curb on my VAS. might keep a dynavap but only with a wand cause I'm not a torch fan either.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I hate cords. I've hated cords at work (construction) since I bought my 1st battery powered drill in 1990, I like battery power, a lot. I can get a great hit in my easychair, porch, kitchen or truck or shop, with the same vape w/out being tethered to the wall, therefore I see no desktop vapes in my future, which puts a slight curb on my VAS. might keep a dynavap but only with a wand cause I'm not a torch fan either.
Couchlog can be used with standard Anker-type battery. Hits like a desktop and it's tiny.

Sincerely,
V.A.S.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Thanks for an the responses! Love this forum!!
You guys got me thinking about how VAS itself can lead to minimalism eventually and I think you're right! I may not have owned a ton of vapes but I've definitely tried more than I own to get an idea of what I've liked. When I watch people like Troy, I think about how it would be to have such a huge collection but honestly, I don't know what I'd do with more than 3-4 different vapes! I'd be afraid of putting one on the shelf too long :lol:

PizzaWizard

I was like you until I got the omega. I had a dynavap and an xmax v3 and one small bubbler and that was enough. The problem with the omega is there's a lot of ways to use it and I want to try them all. Different injector/diffuser bowls, bubblers, jhooks. Now I'm planning on building a stand to organize my stuff lol.

Varden

Does spares count ?

…if not then I only have 4 different vaporizers. They all serve different purpose and they all see almost equal use.
Not that I don't want any other vape, VAS is real, but I can't find anything that triggers my interest enough to pull the trigger. In fact it brought me to the drawing board…

Paraphanelia is harder to resist IMO…

I agree. I do not have a big urge to buy a lot of vapes. Accessories and paraphernalia is harder to resist.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I agree. I do not have a big urge to buy a lot of vapes. Accessories and paraphernalia is harder to resist.
Yep, absolutely, and because they're also usually relatively inexpensive, to me that also makes it kinda fun...! to experiment and tailor or customize your experience or routine, or what have you.... and sometimes something even very cheap or simple can be somewhat of a mini "gamechanger"..... you just never know...

Top Bottom