Vaping "Just on weekends"

PeteyS

Hello all, Im wondering how many of you guys and gals, are just weekend tokers?
Im looking to cut back on my cannabis usage but i don't want to completely cut it out at this point.
Im thinking about doing a weekends only routine.
Just wondering how that is working out for you weekend warriors, and if you have alot of urge to vape during the week?

Thanks and have a good one!

Pete.

Vaporware

As a medical user I generally need to keep up with it once or twice a day for best results, but sometimes I have to take days or weeks off. Personally I have no trouble not using it (other than the issues I take it for not being adequately addressed).

I don’t know if that’s unusual, but I attribute it at least in part to two things:

1. I have never built a high tolerance and used very high doses. I think it may be easier to become dependent on it if you are taking in a lot more. I hope that also means that lowering your tolerance would make it easier to stick to the weekends…and fortunately sticking to the weekends should lower your tolerance!

Right now I use maybe 0.1g a day and 5-10mg of edibles. I’ve used up to maybe 0.3g a day and 40-50mg of edibles broken up into 10mg doses at least 3-4 hours apart and I’ve done that for weeks to months without greatly increasing my tolerance or making me feel more dependent on it, but being at that level or above for years straight seems like it would at least foster psychological dependence.

2. I don’t take any substance with the explicit intent of making myself feel better.

That is a little hard to understand, but I hope this makes sense.

I have muscle issues, especially in my back, and I use this at least nightly to help keep that down because I know that when I take days off these issues move back toward where they were before I tried cannabis (it was pretty bad). If the issues are getting so bad that I know they’re going to land me in the worst shape they can, I also take something to head that off.

What I refuse to do is notice that I’m feeling bad, especially mentally, and then decide “I’m going to take this because it will make me feel better.”

I don’t know if that distinction makes sense to anyone else or if it really makes a difference for me, but my concern is that if I make any substance the answer to every minor physical pain — or especially mental/emotional issue — it will be much easier to slip into depending on it and desiring it too much.

It seems similar to me (at least in this respect) to people who turn to certain foods or food in general to deal with things. Eating a candy bar may make you feel better sometime, but if you eat a candy bar specifically to make yourself feel better and let that become a pattern, I think that’s setting yourself on the road to dependency and the negative consequences that come with taking food/drugs/whatever to extremes.

I guess this is way more than you asked for and maybe it won’t help you, but since you seem concerned that you might struggle with the urge to use it during the week I thought it might be relevant at least.

If you can put it away and if you feel the urge to use it try to reframe in your mind what you want it for, recognize that you don’t need it and that it will be there waiting for you a better time when it can do what you want without whatever negatives are making you not want to use it during the week, maybe that will help you to adjust?

It’s not something I’ve struggled with so maybe someone else can offer a more useful perspective if you’re already feeling dependent on it. :sherlock:

I’m a stubborn person though, so even when I had physical withdrawal effects from prescription medications I continued tapering and stopped on the timeline I had set, despite those issues persisting, because I was not willing to let a substance control my actions and my future. :2c:

PeteyS

Great responses. So far im going on day 5 of my Tolerance break. Im still using Cbd flower and cbd tinctures during the day.
I find that having a bowl of cbd really helps out with my urges.
Im going to allow myself to have a few bowls over the weekend, but going back to the cbd only during the week and see how that goes.

Its funny how cloudy your judgement can get when your high for half the day, every day of the week.

Son Dog

Right now, I find that vaping one capsule's worth of weed (like, .02g or something) in the afternoon after work, while i'm walking the dog, or cooking dinner/doing chores really helps relax and transition out of the workday, and sets me up for a really nice night's sleep. For daytime use, I'll stick to CBD flowers or tinctures if needed, and if i have CBD flowers and I am about to go to bed and haven't already vaped, I'll just vape the CBD flower as a sleep aid.

All that said, I do work a pretty intense job, and if I start to feel that any aspect of my weekly usage is starting to affect my performance, then I'm going to cut back and re-evaluate my approach.

darbarikanada

Just wondering how that is working out for you weekend warriors, and if you have a lot of urge to vape during the week?
I went from almost daily to ~1x/week years ago, definitely had daily (if not hourly) urges during the week while I was doing it. it took a while, but my jonesing during the week is pretty much non-existent now.

darbarikanada,

kb819

Pretty much daily here...but always ONLY after 6 - 7 pm, 'till bedtime. It's an evening thing.

kb819,

PeteyS

Has anyone found a CBD tincture that doesn't make you drowsy?
The ones i have are a indica, and one is a hybrid. Im not sure if i notice much of a differnence between them.
I have access to a sativa cbd oil, which i will purchase on the next order.
Does anyone know if sativa/hybrid/indica makes much of a difference in tinctures?

PeteyS,

Vaporware

CBD alone doesn’t seem to make me drowsy, even when I’ve taken like 25mg at once.

I do find that whole plant extracts have different and heavier effects for me than THC or CBD isolates though. That’s often a good thing for me, but if you’re trying to use a lot of CBD during the day an isolate may work for you without making you drowsy.

Also remember that if you’re not using CBD isolate you are getting a lot of terpenes and small amounts of THC and other cannabinoids. Maybe even not so small amounts if they’re not careful. If you use large enough amounts of tinctures/flower/etc. that have these other elements in them, that can add up and may be causing the drowsiness.

It’s also possible that CBD affects us differently…caffeine doesn’t really do anything for me as an unrelated example, but I know cannabinoids can have even more different effects on people.

Vaporware,

Son Dog

So I wanted to come back in here and make a small update - I stopped vaping thc on weekdays for now to keep up with my new job - BUT i've also started to really hold myself accountable for going to be by 11 at the absolute latest (I can still be a sucker for "one more apex game, come on"), and that's made the biggest difference for me.

I do vape CBD flower before I go to sleep, and while it may not make me drowsy, per se, it definitely helps me relax as I get into bed, and more importantly, I feel like it helps me get into deep sleep, which helps me feel much more rested when I wake up. It's not foolproof, but I am definitely having a lot more nights lately where I feel like I'm both getting good sleep, and I'm able to fall back asleep if I wake up in the night, which was a big problem for me.

PeteyS

Hey guys, Had a nice sesh over the weekend, ended up vaping just 0.16 on friday night, and about the same on sat.
My tolerance is low enough now, that I can be satisfied a 0.08g hit at around 7, and then a smaller 0.04 around 9.
I feel pretty good at these lower levels.
A side note, Ive also been taking alot of these hits at a low 350f, and have really been enjoying the lighter, but still strong effects.

Next test for me is to start vaping flower by thc content, rather then by weight. So instead of vaping 0.16/g on a friday night, Ill have to calculate how much THC i want to dose, and then adjust the amount of flower used depending on potency.

Top Bottom