Vaping Hash vs. Marijuana: What are the Differences?

pacogollo

Hey everyone, I'm curious about the differences between vaping hash and marijuana. Have any of you tried both? What are the differences you've noticed in terms of potency, flavor, or any other factors? Which do you prefer and why?

I'm asking because I'm in the process of quitting smoking and I'm looking to buy a vaporizer, but I'm not sure whether to get one for marijuana or one for concentrates like hash. I'm hoping to hear from others who have experience with both and can offer some insights. Thanks in advance!

pacogollo,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

GoldenBud

A good vape can be used for both. Ive gotten into hash a lot recently and have really enjoyed vaping it both ontop of flower and alone. In terms of potency and flavor, it all depends on the quality of hash or flower you get.
exactly, normal looking herb range is between 15% THC up to 35%, normal looking hash is about 20% to 70% THC (top shelf hash)
but 20%-30% hash is usually stiff to very stiff (plant material)
so it's possible you have herb that is much potent than hash basically..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

pacogollo

Guessing the OP means hash vs. *flower*.

Yes, I was referring to the differences between the flower and resin. I imagine that the high will be greater when vaporizing good quality extraction as @GoldenBud suggests, however, I have read that there are differences between hash and marijuana when they are vaporized. I apologize for any confusion, I am Spanish and using a translator :)

A good vape can be used for both. Ive gotten into hash a lot recently and have really enjoyed vaping it both ontop of flower and alone. In terms of potency and flavor, it all depends on the quality of hash or flower you get.

Thank you very much for your advice, yes, I have bought a good vaporizer, the Mighty from Volcano. I am trying to quit smoking by substituting it with vapor. Fuckcombustion!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It depends on a lot of factors. I can get equally high on concentrates (hash) or flower. It all depends on how much I am consuming, the method of consumption, and the type of flower or concentrate I am consuming.

For example, I can vaporize a bowl of flower and I can vaporize a small amount of concentrate, so that I get a similar level of high with both.

Of course, there is the question of the complexity of the high and the flavor of the vapor (because of the "entourage effect" with all the other terpenes/cannabinoids originally present in the flower), for which flower is king...but modern rosins and especially hash rosins are able to save much of that cannabanoid/flavor/entourage-of-terpenes so that they are are preserved to the extent that many people don't see enough difference between the flavor and the high to not prefer the rosin because of the convenience of concentrating so much into one hit to get that bigger rush of a high that only consuming larger amounts of cannabis really fast can provide.

Of course, a concentrated hit of good rosin can provide a concentrated hit of flavor as well.

I myself seem to flip-flop back and fourth between mostly vaping flower and mostly vaping rosin for anywhere from a few days, to a few weeks at a time before I end up flipping back. I love vaporizing concentrates for for many reasons, but I don't think I'd ever want to give up flower and go 100% concentrate either. I say that because every time I end up going too long using mostly just one of the two, then I always end up missing the other after long enough time has passed.

cptofnthng

I always found hash to be too much effort with vapes and you need a rather hot vape to get all the goodies. Clogs more easily, etc.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: pacogollo

Razhumikin

I always found hash to be too much effort with vapes and you need a rather hot vape to get all the goodies. Clogs more easily, etc.
I have found pretty easy ways to vape hash in most of my devices, whether by layering it on top of flower or using a liquid pad or degummed hemp fiber. You do have to stir up the hash every couple of hits, but thats not exavtly a lot of work. @MUSA Vaporizer taught me a great way to vape hash direct from any vape that uses a stem, where you take a piece of a liquid pad and stuff it in a basket screen and just vape hash directly off it. This method has worked awesome for me in the musa 510/milaana/tetra p80.

darbarikanada

I have a mighty, use it to vape flower and hash frequently. vaping hard hash (like Moroccan or Lebanese) is a bit tricky in the mighty (you need to chop it up into tiny pieces, use the concentrate pad), but possible; you need to use the highest temperatures the mighty can do. 'bubble hash' is a lot easier to vape if you can get it.

I think the main difference between flower and hash is flavor, not the high. in the same way that vaping flower tastes like it smells, vaping hash tastes like it smells. after smoking hash for years, vaping it is a real treat, getting all that hash flavor.

I actually think wax gives a better high than flower; every time I've found one of my favorite flower strains in wax form, the high seems a little better, the characteristics of the strain (e.g. cinex is 'creative') a bit (10-20%) more noticeable.

I like to try different strains, so I'll buy flower, bubble hash, wax, or hard hash if it's a strain I want, but if I can find the same strain in different forms, I prefer wax, with flower and hash (bubble or hard) sharing second place.

pacogollo

Yes, I had thought that too. The issue of cleaning the residues has to be more complicated with hash. And I like to clean the mighty well after each use.
Of course, a concentrated hit of good rosin can provide a concentrated hit of flavor as well.

I myself seem to flip-flop back and fourth between mostly vaping flower and mostly vaping rosin for anywhere from a few days, to a few weeks at a time before I end up flipping back. I love vaporizing concentrates for for many reasons, but I don't think I'd ever want to give up flower and go 100% concentrate either. I say that because every time I end up going too long using mostly just one of the two, then I always end up missing the other after long enough time has passed.
I love Rosin and it has a lot of flavor but I always find it difficult to vaporize without losing part of it in the process or making it dirty.
I have a mighty, use it to vape flower and hash frequently. vaping hard hash (like Moroccan or Lebanese) is a bit tricky in the mighty (you need to chop it up into tiny pieces, use the concentrate pad), but possible; you need to use the highest temperatures the mighty can do. 'bubble hash' is a lot easier to vape if you can get it.
Thanks for your advice, I've never tried Lebanese hashish, what's so special about it?

pacogollo,

darbarikanada

Thanks for your advice, I've never tried Lebanese hashish, what's so special about it?
it's been years since I had access to Lebanese hash, but if it's the same as it was back then, it's nothing special. I live in a legal state (washington), and the sheer variety of locally made hash is awesome; I've bought bubble hash that had 30+% CBD (as well as plenty of THC), and something some guy made called 'triple purple' (hard hash) - he purposefully sought out purple strains to use. also, I prefer sativas (or sativa-leaning hybrids), so it's really nice to be able to get sativa-based hash. as far as I know, there aren't any places in the world that traditionally made sativa hash.

GoldenBud

it's special because it has very low amounts of THC usually. marketing.. aim for bubble hash/morocco hash only... and also they can be tricked.. it depends who you buy it from. if your dealer is somebody that needs money urgently, he'll sell you lower quality stuff...because he could have mixed plant material with the "oils" ... happened to me, I hated to buy hash from people and found only 1-2 people which are reliable.

bubble hash should be sticky and smell like weed. if it's stiff it means low quality.. lebanese usually is stiff these days..

best thing is to make your own bubble hash..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: pacogollo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I love Rosin and it has a lot of flavor but I always find it difficult to vaporize without losing part of it in the process or making it dirty.

I just use a standard banger and carb cap, sometimes heated with a torch and sometimes heated with a temp-controlled coil.
It vaporizes quite well, then a clean-up with a cotton swab and iso is all that's needed.

Hash and marijuana are two different forms of cannabis with varying levels of potency, flavor, and other factors. Hash is a concentrated form of cannabis that is made by separating the trichomes, which are the resin glands that contain THC and other cannabinoids, from the plant material. This can be done using different methods like dry sifting, ice water extraction, or using solvents. Compared to marijuana, hash is generally more potent and can have a higher concentration of THC and other cannabinoids, which can produce stronger effects, making it more suitable for experienced users or those with a high tolerance. Hash also has a more intense and complex flavor profile that can range from spicy to fruity to earthy. Both hash and marijuana can be vaped using different types of vaporizers, such as dry herb vaporizers for dried cannabis flower or concentrate vaporizers for concentrates like hash.

Top Bottom